Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wanted 01/02 Passat TDI 130

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 tommygun999

Looks to be right.

Mine says in this format:

AWX

Is your car a 02 or 03? I'll give you 3k for it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

Is your car a 02 or 03? I'll give you 3k for it :D

ill give 3100

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

3100 + the Range Rover Vogue? :D

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Volkswagen/Passat/TDI-130b/200915192438693/advert

If that was comfortline and in good condition. You could chance your arm and bring him down to 1800 euro. "Recession blah blah.." *kick the tyre then tut* "I'll give you 1600 for it." :)

Edit: I thought it said 70k miles. It says 170k. I would want a full service history at that amount.

3100 + the Range Rover Vogue? :D

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Volkswagen/Passat/TDI-130b/200915192438693/advert

If that was comfortline and in good condition. You could chance your arm and bring him down to 1800 euro. "Recession blah blah.." *kick the tyre then tut* "I'll give you 1600 for it." :)

Edit: I thought it said 70k miles. It says 170k. I would want a full service history at that amount.

Probably an ex-taxi with that mileage.

Have you had any problems with the car? Clutch, turbo..?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

:D:D:D

Just sold mine less than 2 weeks ago. No tax and the Nct is out the end of this month. Having said that it had a full service history with receipts. I looked after it for the time I had it, it had no rattles or smoke but I dont think the guying buying it was too pushed about the book of history :confused:

Anyway it went for 3400 as per my sig.

Best of luck with your search Tommy......don't be afraid to spend a bit extra on a well looked after model. You might find one for 3000 but it might cost you in the long run. Thats not to say a 5000 one is well looked after. Dont be afraid of high milers. Bottom line: Get someone to check it out, there are plenty of clocked VAG's going around, it amazes me how there are so many below 100k miles of this age, people normally buy these for doing high mileage.

• Advertisement

caesar wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Just sold mine less than 2 weeks ago. No tax and the Nct is out the end of this month. Having said that it had a full service history with receipts. I looked after it for the time I had it, it had no rattles or smoke but I dont think the guying buying it was too pushed about the book of history :confused:

Anyway it went for 3400 as per my sig.

Best of luck with your search Tommy......don't be afraid to spend a bit extra on a well looked after model. You might find one for 3000 but it might cost you in the long run. Thats not to say a 5000 one is well looked after. Dont be afraid of high milers. Bottom line: Get someone to check it out, there are plenty of clocked VAG's going around, it amazes me how there are so many below 100k miles of this age, people normally buy these for doing high mileage.

Thanks for your advice. What year was yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

It was a 2001. If you click on my sig, you'll see the ad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

You would be doing very well finding good clean car for that kind of money. If you do find one I would be looking very carefully at service history as the PD engine is very particular about the engine oil only 507.00 or 505.01 spec.
    Suspension top arms are known to wear particularly on early models, CV joints also, the boots can weather and crack resulting in dried out c.v. joints.
    Window regulators can fail, very messy getting the window back up.
    Previous water damage to the CCU (known problem on certain platform VW/AUDI).

I saw a VW Passat only last week with 140k on the clock go for over 4k.
    I Sincerly doubt you will find a good clean 100bhp example at that money never mind a 130bhp comfortline.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

02 base model bid to 2900 in Merlin earlier this week and not sold at that. Add the fees and you are up to 3300. Can't see you getting a decent 130bhp one for 3k. The car market might be in recession but people are not giving cars away for nothing.

The recession is mainly affecting the prices of the big luxury cars and 4x4's - the high-end market. Low price cars are always in demand, especially in good condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 modm3

A pal, he dabbles in the trade, just got a '00 100bhp with 130k - due a timing belt change for €800 :eek: - I am not messing, haven't seen the car but the bro'in law says its pretty good (he drives a 130bhp) other than it being slow compared to his.

He also had a choice of another '00 that's just gone through the NCT for €1500. It's now also sold - not surprising.

Cheap ones are out there, but mostly in the trade.

• Advertisement
Advertisement