Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What age did you start drinking alcohol?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

uch wrote: »
    When I was 13, Stag was the Drink of choice of young Rapscallions, if you've ever tasted Stag you'll know that it was impossible to drink much more than 3 - 4 longnecks, feckin poxy stuff

Ah Stag.....it was no Stieger though was it?:cool:
    30p a tin brought down from the north at xmas :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

As a country we drink young and we drink often. Thankfully it doesn't have any negative impact on our society! Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I was 22, 3-4 weeks before final exams in college.

Saw a good quote, think it was on here somewhere.
    Alcohol is the only drug you are forced to justify saying "No" to.

Went out to watch a few football matches a few months ago & got a third degree why I didn't want to drink that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

uch wrote: »
    When I was 13, Stag was the Drink of choice of young Rapscallions, if you've ever tasted Stag you'll know that it was impossible to drink much more than 3 - 4 longnecks, feckin poxy stuff
    Smidge wrote: »
    Ah Stag.....it was no Stieger though was it?:cool:
    30p a tin brought down from the north at xmas :D

Stag... Just right for enjoyment .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Deco96B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

[PHP][/PHP]
    Deco96B wrote: »

A bit late to the party. I was 15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,624 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Used to occasionally get a sip of Guinness off the oul lad when we were in a pub as a child. Didn't really understand how anyone could drink it, tasted bizarre to me. Coke and Club Lemon were far superior.

Used to drink cider in the dark of the cinema when I was 15. No problem drinking that.

At 16/17 used to send a friend who would always be able to get served no matter what into buy beer at the local supermarket and spent most weekends boozing in fields and bushes. Thought I was a seasoned drinker and was far too overconfident when attacking spirits, resulting in a few extremely messy and distressed experiences. Still don't really like spirits all that much. The taste of brandy I associate with the single roughest drunk I ever had, it still makes me gag.

I remember the insane peer pressure to drink from about 15-16 onwards. What a load of nonsense that was. I had some fun times drinking as a teenager and it is a part of growing up I guess, but there was no rush really. Plenty of time from 18 onwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Started off with Smithwicks shandys at 16 before moving onto Beamish shandys and then cheap 6 packs of Dutch Gold in my college student years. I remember drinking lots of Hudson Blue cider in my late 90's student years also...it was dreadful stuff :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,698 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Deco96B wrote: »
    poisonated wrote: »
    [PHP][/PHP]

A bit late to the party since the thread is 7 years old. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

poisonated wrote: »
    [PHP][/PHP]

7 years Late to the party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

McGaggs wrote: »
    7 years Late to the party.

2 minutes late...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Deco96B

Better late than never ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Whiskey for teething when I was a kid. Actually, whisky served a lot of medicinal purposes when I was a kid, usually of the "this will help you sleep" variety.

First pint when I was about 4, coming back from an All Ireland final - apparently I downed the old man's Guinness while he'd nipped out to the toilets.

Advertisement