Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Comments

crying shame if it goes wrong people will be looking at this draft in 10 years saying the texans where idiots for taking an injury prone player ::rolleyes:

really hope he can get back but even if he stays healthy next year is will likely be at least the year after until he's right (or as close to right as he can be)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

my season long reign continues to ruin players, have clowney and cam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Pick up some Broncos would ya? :p

Tristram wrote: »
    Pick up some Broncos would ya? :p

Had julius thomas, traded him away. Hasn played since!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cowboys CB Scandrick goes to visit kids at a sick hospital

Ace :D

plays Madden...
    Also ace!

Cheeses the kid to death!

http://deadspin.com/orlando-scandrick-plays-madden-to-win-even-at-a-childr-1669454031

Apparently he picked the kid off aswell and danced around the room :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Cowboys CB Scandrick goes to visit kids at a sick hospital

Ace :D

plays Madden...
    Also ace!

Cheeses the kid to death!

http://deadspin.com/orlando-scandrick-plays-madden-to-win-even-at-a-childr-1669454031

Apparently he picked the kid off aswell and danced around the room :eek:

http://www.bofunk.com/video/686/dave_chapelle_-__street_hoops.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Hazys wrote: »

That was the first thing I thought of too. IN YOUR FACE! IN YOUR FACE! I'm sorry, I'm sorry...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,338 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Adrian Peterson has had his appeal denied. His suspension stands.

not sure if this has been said here but the league announced and instantly implemented a new player conduct policy during the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

12 Dec
    DARNELL DOCKETT ✔ @ddockett
    @kurt13warner ..........

Kurt Warner ✔ @kurt13warner
    Follow
    @ddockett Your killing me... If I thought I could, I would!!!!
    5:42 AM - 12 Dec 2014
    384 RETWEETS 596 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite

• Advertisement

HigginsJ wrote: »
    12 Dec
    DARNELL DOCKETT ✔ @ddockett
    @kurt13warner ..........

Kurt Warner ✔ @kurt13warner
    Follow
    @ddockett Your killing me... If I thought I could, I would!!!!
    5:42 AM - 12 Dec 2014
    384 RETWEETS 596 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite

??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Guffy

??

Cardinals job I'm guessing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I really hate the talk of Warner coming back. Have people short memories or something? QB's are not gonna be the same when they're not constantly keeping their mind on the game. Keeping in shape is one thing, but being able to be a starting NFL QB is on a different level entirely.

I really hate the talk of Warner coming back. Have people short memories or something? QB's are not gonna be the same when they're not constantly keeping their mind on the game. Keeping in shape is one thing, but being able to be a starting NFL QB is on a different level entirely.

there is only one man for the job

Tim-Tebow-Keynote.jpg

there is only one man for the job

Tim-Tebow-Keynote.jpg
    That's Not funny. Tebow should never be allowed back on the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Itssoeasy wrote: »

I would love to see that though. It would make for a great story. I know a lot of people are joking about this, but Denver were winning games with him throwing 8-15 times a game. Why not turn into an all out rushing team with that defence and maybe throw 3 or 4 bombs downfield?

I wonder what the serious options are now though? John Skelton was in Arizona a few years ago and is available I think. Maybe Josh Freeman? Can you really expect to win with Ryan Lindley or Logan Thomas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

poldebruin wrote: »
    I would love to see that though. It would make for a great story. I know a lot of people are joking about this, but Denver were winning games with him throwing 8-15 times a game. Why not turn into an all out rushing team with that defence and maybe throw 3 or 4 bombs downfield?
    Because they have the worst running game in the league, and placed their #1 RB on IR during the week. And also because Tebow is a terrible, terrible quarterback.

I reckon sticking with Lindley is their best bet. There's a reason nobody has wanted too touch Freeman with a ten foot pole for a while now, and if they are going to just bring someone else in now then there wasn't much point in having him there at all in the first place. There really isn't anyone on the market otherwise I can think of.

poldebruin wrote: »

I wonder what the serious options are now though? John Skelton was in Arizona a few years ago and is available I think. Maybe Josh Freeman? Can you really expect to win with Ryan Lindley or Logan Thomas?

tebow was one of the worst qbs in the game and people where still talking about him daily months after he left the league and years after it was evident he was not of a sufficient standard to play in the league id really rather not rekindle that fire also i have little to no faith in a player who's best trait is that "he has god on his side"

tebow was one of the worst qbs in the game and people where still talking about him daily months after he left the league and years after it was evident he was not of a sufficient standard to play in the league id really rather not rekindle that fire also i have little to no faith in a player who's best trait is that "he has god on his side"

Not many QB's floating around who have won a playoff game while throwing for 300 yards ;)

The Cards are in a really tough spot now. Lindley is not even back up quality, howitzer arm aside Thomas is a long way from being ready for NFL action. It seems Stanton might be back for the playoffs but think they are one & done irregardless which is a shame.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Spoilsport!! NFL network would go into over drive. The amount of articles dedicated to a potential Manziel vs Tebow Super Bowl would possibly crash the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Spoilsport!! NFL network would go into over drive. The amount of articles dedicated to a potential Manziel vs Tebow Super Bowl would possibly crash the web.

Nah ESPN would! NFL network would just have them clowns call a "players only meeting" and shows us all the best way to kneel correctly!

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Browns on Sky again tonight :(

Blacked out on Gamepass again. If Johnny turns out good for the rest of the season, there may be no point in renewing next season. We got NFC and AFC west next year meaning the odd late game and if he is crowned starter i take it we'll break our MNF hoodoo.

Do Pats,Colts,Broncos,Packers(Teams that are regularly on Sky and Primetime) even bother with Gamepass?

Blacked out on Gamepass again. If Johnny turns out good for the rest of the season, there may be no point in renewing next season. We got NFC and AFC west next year meaning the odd late game and if he is crowned starter i take it we'll break our MNF hoodoo.

Do Pats,Colts,Broncos,Packers(Teams that are regularly on Sky and Primetime) even bother with Gamepass?

Just use Hola. Screw sky and their blackouts. They're very easy to get around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'll always have a soft spot for Tebow. Just as I was really starting to get hooked on the game, it was the same time that Tebow was pulling off those miracle wins. This was madness:

In truth, if the Cardinals are to sign a free agent QB I think their best bet is probably one of Garrard or Seneca Wallace (or Leftwich, but he is two years out of the league). The likes of Warner and Favre are too long out of the league and unrealistic, while they have a big aura of being a team without any real individuals (kind of like the Browns in a sense) - just another reason Tebow would make no seense. Either way, they are in for a real struggle even if they win out and hold on to the #1 seed for the playoffs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I think there's zero chance they sign a free agent to start given what the coaches and players have been preaching all year.

In other news, here's some pre-6pm viewing hot off the press. The U part 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

DeAngelo Tyson is a 5th round pick from a few years for the Ravens. Solid player who is part of the defensive end rotation

I have never ever heard of a player missing a game due to jury duty. He is inactive this week as he missed practice.
    Tyson served jury duty on Thursday instead of prepping for the Ravens' most important game of the year.

"That’s a first," Harbaugh said. "What can I say about it? I'm not in charge of jury duty."

Tyson was picked for a jury in a civil case involving a car accident. The jury found the plaintiff was not injured in the collision.

Teammates ribbed Tyson for his absence, saying "Did you give him life? and "How about life with no chance of parole?"

"I think it’s a task that you have to do when you get called," Tyson said. "It was an opportunity to experience how juries are able to convict a case. If I had to do it again, I wouldn’t. I don’t want to be the one to give someone a sentence or anything like that. Luckily, it wasn’t that kind of case."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Looks like you won't have to worry now. ;)

2mtNZXw.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

331784.jpg

• Advertisement

Looks like you won't have to worry now. ;)

Cold

Perhaps my favourite part of a Monday morning is trawling through team threads and laughing at the (myself included) overreaction to one game!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭PIORUN

why are there 2 matches being played this Saturday?

PIORUN wrote: »

no college games so saturdays are free

PIORUN wrote: »

Completely forgot there was Saturday games next week. Love it. I miss the Saturday night games they used to have near Christmas.

no college games so saturdays are free

Bowl games start this Saturday.

I'd like to think the real reason is to make up for Jags - Titans being Thursday Night Football.

I'd like to think the real reason is to make up for Jags - Titans being Thursday Night Football.

That's going to be a five star game anyway. I'll be giving that game a skip I think. this game could be Viking-Giants bad.

Thought Monday morning QB's was quite good today.

http://profootballmock.com/facebookchat/nfl-qbs-facebook-convo-ful-life/

sorry to do this to ye two weeks in a row hell but

what happens when the stoppable force meets the movable object

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

what happens when the stoppable force meets the movable object

Records are broken thats what!! Jets@Titans games was the first time a game has finished 16-11. I knew it would be worth watching :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Have people seen this? Apparently Luck has been doing it for a while now, congratulating defenders after they bring him to the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Guffy

Titans sign Alex Tanney to their practice squad

tweet_zps082d4317.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Let him play, we#ll be entertained and we wont win

#1 pick baby!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Police search Ray McDonalds house, rape allegations. 49ers have now released McDonald. Will this season never end?
    http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/12/17/7411747/ray-mcdonald-released-by-49ers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

adrian522 wrote: »
    Police search Ray McDonalds house, rape allegations. 49ers have now released McDonald. Will this season never end?
    http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/12/17/7411747/ray-mcdonald-released-by-49ers

He's probably just really unlucky with false allegations.

He's probably just really unlucky with false allegations.

if he isn actually charged and found guilty 49rs could be in legal trouble with wrongful termination

an interesting article for anyone interested on eagles 2012 first round pick danny watkins (the 26 year old firefighter and one of the worst picks in recent eagles history) he was 6 foot 3 ,305 pounds and agile coming out of college he was very intelligent he was mature and he had shut down von miller in college many people claimed he would have been a top 10 pick had he been younger, howard mudd (legendary o-line coach spent years in the league many of them protecting peyton in imdi) felt comfortable leaving him one on one with kong suh such was his talents in theory...... but he flamed out did absolutely nothing in the league its a great example of how sometimes the most sure of draft picks just dont work out (he's now a fire fighter in dallas)

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/17/danny-watkins-philadelphia-eagles/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

if he isn actually charged and found guilty 49rs could be in legal trouble with wrongful termination

No, players get released all the time.

adrian522 wrote: »
    No, players get released all the time.

they do but in the statement they mentioned the incident so they can't say it wasnt cos of that

• Advertisement

The quick termination in my opinion looks very bad in terms of his innocence/guilt. Reminded me of Hernandez last summer when a lot were saying it was way too quick to sack him, only a day or so after the story broke. I'm guessing it's the same here - the team have more info than we do, and it's not good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement