Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Shoe , Black or Brown ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

If you are only to have 1 pair of shoes then black is the obvious choice. A light brown shoe can look well with a light grey suit but with a dark grey, black or green (not as bad as it sounds:D)I would wear the black ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

A gentleman does not wear brown around town is what I have lived by.

+1.

Brown shoes are only for army officers in uniform.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mack32

brownOrBlack_EG_visualGuide.png

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Black shoes would totally work with the 'Navy Suiting' & 'Olive Twill' colours above. Black shoes with a white denim however does absolutely not work at all, I've tried it ah oh does it just look so wrong.

EDIT: Maybe if you had a black waist coat on then it wouldn't look so out of place, but just white alone it'd look too out of place.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

awec wrote: »
    A white denim suit? Jesus wept.

:D
    Will head down to Best and see if they have any in stock. Trying to decide what colour shirt and tie I will wear with mine.

Advertisement