Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any training suggestion.

Options
  • 28-07-2015 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

I will be going away in few weeks and will only have access to a spinning bike over the period of 2 weeks or so. Apart from a daily dose of kms I never done any particular training. So I was wondering could you suggest something I could focus on while I have the use of the spinning bike. It's unlikely I will have access to HRM or cadence on that bike. I intend to spend 2hrs 5 days a week unless I can put some training plan in place and do that instead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭markusz

omri wrote: »
    I will be going away in few weeks and will only have access to a spinning bike over the period of 2 weeks or so. Apart from a daily dose of kms I never done any particular training. So I was wondering could you suggest something I could focus on while I have the use of the spinning bike. It's unlikely I will have access to HRM or cadence on that bike. I intend to spend 2hrs 5 days a week unless I can put some training plan in place and do that instead.

get some Sufferfest videos (i have them on the phone)... no need for HRM or cadence. you should know your pain levels by now!

always a good one: http://www.thesufferfest.com/training-video/downward-spiral/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

omri wrote: »

I don't think its possible to do 2 hours on a spinning bike, they are uncomfortable and boring. I'd recommend doing 15 min Tabata sessions each day and going outside for a run or swimming in a pool for the rest of the time. Thats 5 min warmup, 20 secs as hard as you can, 10 secs recovery, complete 8 times and warm down for 5 mins, total of 14 mins.

Inquitus wrote: »
    I don't think its possible to do 2 hours on a spinning bike, they are uncomfortable and boring. I'd recommend doing 15 min Tabata sessions each day and going outside for a run or swimming in a pool for the rest of the time. Thats 5 min warmup, 20 secs as hard as you can, 10 secs recovery, complete 8 times and warm down for 5 mins, total of 14 mins.

Jaysus.... most people doing Tabata intervals are not doing tabata intervals at all (they just think they are) and even most atheletes can't at first complete a proper set of Tabata intervals......Proper Tabata needs a base of strong fitness and involves a lot of puking at times......... I'd recommend a minimum of 20 minutes warm up for that intensity level if you don't want injury and 15 to 20 mins warm down.

14 mins total to try and kill yourself is reasonable though, but you could do it much quicker with a gun !

Advertisement