Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F**king Clampers !!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Chr15

My uncle got fined for being a little over the time on his ticket. He knew he was wrong so was about to pay ticket. Then he noticed that they had put the wrong reg no on the ticket - it was something like 05 instead of 04. He rang up to tell them their mistake, got as far as 'the reg number on the ticket is wrong' and the person on the other end just said they'd cancel the ticket. Didn't question it at all - didn't care what had actually been put down on the ticket, what should have been put down etc. So my uncle got out of it just for trying to tell them their mistake. Happy days!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

pcardin wrote: »
    Slightly off-topic but it's a whole different story, not as black & white as you paint here. You're probably not a parent either.

For how long do you see this to happen? 25 min in the morning and 25 min in the afternoon? I was like you till I become a parent and have to go trough this sh1tty madness called - school run - every day.

Public transport infrastructure in crap in this country, school bus service is little to none, very few schools have few parking spaces, many have none. Country is littered with pedophiles and weirdos approaching small kids on their own, kids go missing. If a parent let's kid walk to school (if it is even possible, we live 5km from school) and anything happens to child, its parents fault, social services come in and show starts. Our school has few parking spaces when there's over 300 children attending school every day, parents regularly receive reminder texts to not leave children unattended, but happily at the same time arrange Garda to patrol at school and issue tickets to cars that are parked not in parking space. Luckily my child is old enough to walk to school door from road side where I drop her, so morning drive for me doesn't require parking. It's not the same in afternoon when parent is expected to wait for a child at school gates, that means I have to park somewhere.

What's your solution to this (except not having kids)?

Ah, the old "there's pedophile gangs roaming the streets in their thousands" approach.
    If you are that concerned you must also be aware that statistically children are most likely to be abused by family members or friends of the family. Are there statistics of these thousands of children that are abducted on a daily basis?

Advertisement