Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** All things Debs **

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eoin12345

Is anyone in the same situation as me?!: I've done a debs swap with a friend that I've known for a few years although it's a bit awkward now as we organised that we'd go to each others debs back in April and now she has a boyfriend.... Also her debs is after mine and I understand that it's tradition to buy a corsage but do I really have to buy chocolates for her mam twice because it seems almost ridiculous...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jwizzle

Am I suppose to bring my dates mum chocolates (I'm a girl) my date and I are in the same school but he bought the tickets so I'm going to his house ....

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Hi,
    This is just my thoughts on the debs this year! My ticket was 75 euro, Im going with my best friend and we are thinking of getting a limo. If we do the limo will be 43 euro each for 8 of us. I went up to town today with my best friend and parents and although they were willing to spend up to 200 on a dress for me I actually found a perfect dress in TK Maxx for 30 euro. Its a dress I would NEVER go for normally but theres something about it I love. I can now spend on shoes, a bag etc but to be honest im considering using last years shoes and bag which cost 30 each and havent been worn since! My friends mam is an excellent hairdresser so shes doing my hair and the woman that does my eyebrows is doing my make up- she is exceptional and she will charge me about 25 euro. Il predrink in the limo with the gang and bring about 80 quid for the night. The debs does not have to be expensive if you dont want it to be. Borrow a friends dress, do your own hair and make up (my sister did), go on the bus etc but I would honestly say do GO! I dont care what anyone says you will always remember your debs..its like the right of passage and in my opinion it is a big thing. I would also say look around now for dressers dundrum have serious sales on! Have a great night everyone :)

Also to be honest I think its common courtesy to bring chocolates for your female partners mother and in some cases her and defanitley a corsage. The chocolates dont have to be expensive its the thought that counts!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jwizzle

Also to be honest I think its common courtesy to bring chocolates for your female partners mother and in some cases her and defanitley a corsage. The chocolates dont have to be expensive its the thought that counts!
    Yeah but I am the female partner going to the males house so should I get his mum something???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 ecoste

Jwizzle wrote: »
    Yeah but I am the female partner going to the males house so should I get his mum something???

Make sure to grab a couple of condoms on your way there, you can never be too careful.

Jwizzle wrote: »

I got her flowers last year no chocolates when I was going to his house and he gave my mam chocolate s:)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Had my own debs ball last night - honestly it was the best night out! Just enjoy it - thats the main thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Do you guys give the parents the chocolates and flowers before the event yeah? Is it ok if i give it to them on the day or should it be before the day?
    And would it be grand if i give any corsage instead of one that matches her dress or would it be better if it did?

Do you guys give the parents the chocolates and flowers before the event yeah? Is it ok if i give it to them on the day or should it be before the day?
    And would it be grand if i give any corsage instead of one that matches her dress or would it be better if it did?

For mine the girl visited me and I gave her mother the flowers and chocs then. Yeah the one I bought was cream and her dress was black/gold so it really doesn't matter :)

• Advertisement

Guys for the corsage do you just give it to her in a bag or are you meant to put it onto her hand?

For mine the florist put it in a small gift bag and I let her put it on :P They're quite delicate so the gift bag was a good idea now when I think of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Doctorhopeful

Hi guys, was just wondering how much people spend on corsages? I have no clue and i'm wary of being screwed over by a florist because they see the magic word "DEBS" and think they can charge silly money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Hi guys, was just wondering how much people spend on corsages? I have no clue and i'm wary of being screwed over by a florist because they see the magic word "DEBS" and think they can charge silly money.

The one I'm going to is charging me €25 for the first corsage and because I'm "doing swaps" with the girl, it will be €10 for the second one

I'd say anything over €30 and you're being ripped off!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Payed 10€ at the local florists for one last year.

What does everyone feel like after yout debs the next day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

What does everyone feel like after yout debs the next day?

Tired and hungover.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

Is there anybody in the same boat as me? I had a debs date a while ago, but he got really angry at me on a night out and told me that he wasn't going with me anymore, and now I have no one to go with because I only bought one ticket because I thought I would be going with him. I have someone I could bring but nobody is selling a ticket. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

Do you have any year wide or Debs chat on Facebook or elsewhere? If so, just post a message in there.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭teadrinker96

AulBiddy wrote: »
    Is there anybody in the same boat as me? I had a debs date a while ago, but he got really angry at me on a night out and told me that he wasn't going with me anymore, and now I have no one to go with because I only bought one ticket because I thought I would be going with him. I have someone I could bring but nobody is selling a ticket. :/
    That's sucks :/ I'd say you should find out if he's serious about not going to the debs with you and if so explain it to someone on the debs committee and they might help you find another ticket ,people are always selling them around this time !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

My date got a boyfriend so I had a frenzy trying to get another date, thankfully it all worked out.

Debs in general is such rubbish, I should have booked a holiday away with my friends instead of spending 130 for 2 tickets, another 200 for the suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

My date got a boyfriend so I had a frenzy trying to get another date, thankfully it all worked out.

Debs in general is such rubbish, I should have booked a holiday away with my friends instead of spending 130 for 2 tickets, another 200 for the suit.

It's good fun. Is it worth all of the expense? Probably not but I would have hated to miss it all the same.

Advertisement