Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday

Options
  • 19-12-2014 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,400 ✭✭✭✭

Absolute NAP of the day (if not the weekend) has to be Noble Emperor in the 12:35 at Fairyhouse. Watched this one win twice easily last season before it was locked away in anticipation of going chasing this year. Seen it make a seasonal reappearance a few weeks ago when it was given no run whatsoever. Probably just out to get a run under its belt and get the hang of fences, which it certainly did. Think it will come on from that run, and the opposition tomorrow isn't as strong Mullins/Morris runners, so there's no reason why this one cannot win. 5/2 best price at the moment, hoping maybe to see a little bigger than that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Is anyone stupid enough to take the 1/5 on Un de Sceaux! Hope he gets around though otherwise he may end up over hurdles again.

Thought Clondaw Warrior ran a cracker last day and could go well in the Ladbroke near the bottom of the weights. Think Shelford is potentially a very nice horse too but its a seriously competitve handicap.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

At 1/5, rather watch thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 16,400 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Is anyone stupid enough to take the 1/5 on Un de Sceaux! Hope he gets around though otherwise he may end up over hurdles again.
    Merrion Row will be worth a place bet at a monster price on the exchanges for that race.

Absolute NAP of the day (if not the weekend) has to be Noble Emperor in the 12:35 at Fairyhouse. Watched this one win twice easily last season before it was locked away in anticipation of going chasing this year. Seen it make a seasonal reappearance a few weeks ago when it was given no run whatsoever. Probably just out to get a run under its belt and get the hang of fences, which it certainly did. Think it will come on from that run, and the opposition tomorrow isn't as strong Mullins/Morris runners, so there's no reason why this one cannot win. 5/2 best price at the moment, hoping maybe to see a little bigger than that.
    11/4 with a few now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

He's probably 11/4 to be off let alone win.

• Advertisement

He's probably 11/4 to be off let alone win.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

?

Presumably a reference to his trainer ;)

I mean, his future may lie in handicaps.

Presumably a reference to his trainer ;)

Moreso the colours he bears, but yeah, you get the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

What did people think of un de sceaux? Won easily but smashing was a bit close for my liking. Smashing is a good solid horse but he would want to be beating him by further me thinks...

Although I think I'm a bit bitter over the campaign he has been given. Cant help thinking that you are slowing him down and using too much energy over fences. Never got a fair crack to show his ability over hurdles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

He beat him by 12 lengths not coming off the bridle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Johner wrote: »

Not good enough Should have two bridles :p

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

Johner wrote: »

Yeh I know it sounds a bit crazy to be disappointed but is it arkle winning form? I cant see how he will find anything off the bridle. I expect him to be one speed whether he is off the bridle or not.

Couldnt get a good look at him on the TV but thought he could have been a bit on the big side in the paddock?

Another irritating run - traveled well but was given too much to do at the close.

Have to have a small poke on Medinas in the 2:25 - price just too short for Zarkander.

Reve De Sivola - how game was that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Reve De Sivola - how game was that!

Didn't see it. Did STD underwhelm again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Didn't see it. Did STD underwhelm again?

Yep..stupidity, didn't put it away but instead chose the casual approach and got caught out

FWIW I had no money on the race..the ride in the straight was cocky

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

replacement stable jockey required at Dicheat.

Sam not up to it - mistake again today, went too soon, decked Emerging Talent yesterday as well when coming to win his race, Paul not known for his patience with these mistakes, which are adding up

Thought Reve was done for when it clattered the final fence. Apparently Zarkander hit 1.01 in running - how much money was done in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

Thought Reve was done for when it clattered the final fence. Apparently Zarkander hit 1.01 in running - how much money was done in?

Barry Orr ‏@BetfairBarry 4m4 minutes ago Wicklow, Ireland
    Zarkandar hit the basement price of 1.01 for over £12k in the long walk at Ascot on @BetfairSports Reve De Sivola hit a high of 100

38k at 1.01

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Really poor from STD alright, not sure what he wanted from the horse, cruising all over RDS then decides unnecessarily to go for him and it was like he didn't realise RDS had gone past him.

All he had to was leave him on the bridle until the last 50m and then ask him.

Barry Orr ‏@BetfairBarry 4m4 minutes ago Wicklow, Ireland
    Zarkandar hit the basement price of 1.01 for over £12k in the long walk at Ascot on @BetfairSports Reve De Sivola hit a high of 100

Some right wally trying to get an easy €120, lol, imagine the chat with the missus. I almost won the price of dinner for us but now we owe €12k!!

Just looking at the replay again, I don't really see what STD did wrong. He could see Reve was being stoked up a long way out and wasn't fluent. Probably thought after the last, he could then ask the horse to pull clear. Horse clearly found nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Just looking at the replay again, I don't really see what STD did wrong. He could see Reve was being stoked up a long way out and wasn't fluent. Probably thought after the last, he could then ask the horse to pull clear. Horse clearly found nothing.

Should have held onto him longer, it was a mistake from STD.

Every time I watch C4 racing I think the same thing, how did Rishi get that job.

He asked Darryl Jacob if he was happier because it was Zarkandar and he just asked Neil Mulholland if he is still bitter from The Young Master debacle, the lad is brainless.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭faoile@n

Sam done absolutely nothing wrong there.

Zarkandar isn't a strong stayer and he done everything he could.

There must be a fee pocket talkers in here.

Sam is average at best, no better than Jacob, neither would be in the top 10 of best jockeys available

Top jockeys make the right decisions must of the time, he didn't know what best to do two out, can imagine Nicholls giving him a right bollicking knowing the horse isn't the strongest stayer, there was no need to kick when he did

Delighted for the Young Masters connections there, horse still on the improve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

faoile@n wrote: »
    Sam done absolutely nothing wrong there.

Zarkandar isn't a strong stayer and he done everything he could.

There must be a fee pocket talkers in here.

I disagree (but then Im not a jockey) if you watch when he passed RDS he shook him up very casually thinking the race was put to bed. If he had of been a bit more aggressive from that point he Would have won the race. Zarkander is a stayer. He even came back at RDS close to the line and would have went on. That to me was a little cocky and he paid the price.. No money on whatsoever..I don't back shorties anymore

Advertisement