Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo A8 8 Inch 16GB Tablet €69.99 @argos [No code requests]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ks44

Looking for two if anyone has codes for: Blanch, Swords, dundalk, Drogheda, Navan

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

I am looking for 2 also for more or less anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭r0qi4162fux9kg

Any Dublin codes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Naas, they sent me an email saying it was reserved.
    no text yet though :(
    Was there a reservation number on the email? at the moment they send out emails with no reservation numbers when you try to order these but there is no reservations placed:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Have a code for the Lenovo in Kilkenny for tomorrow if anyone wants it - thought they'd be open late tonight but no. :(

Pm if interested.

Edit: gone now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Was there a reservation number on the email? at the moment they send out emails with no reservation numbers when you try to order these but there is no reservations placed:(

I tried a few times today but got an email with no code. Just tried again and got a code. Changed the way I received the email to text. Don't know if this made a difference.

Edit: Sorry checked that mail in a hurry that was cat number.😩

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

have a code for cork retail park for someone

Also 5 available in Cork Queens store now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭pah

copy1 wrote: »
    Would love if I could get a code for cork please??

Or you could have gone onto the website and reseved one yourself. I see they're OOS again at QOC - got one just in time thanks foggy_lad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Can people stop asking for codes? Let people with codes post, then ask.

It should be a general rule at this stage, pages and pages of people asking for codes.

My granny died 10 years ago so my girlfriend could really use this tablet for her nieces Christmas present. **** off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Yay! Refreshing Argos stock checker 100 times tonight paid off! Just managed to reserve in nutgrove. Got the reservation code and all :). Thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Only 1GB Ram in this, will it be any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Only 1GB Ram in this, will it be any good?

Even without the discount it's a budget model. It really depends on what you want from it but all reviews I've read have been positive

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

RossieMan wrote: »
    Can people stop asking for codes? Let people with codes post, then ask.

It should be a general rule at this stage, pages and pages of people asking for codes.

My granny died 10 years ago so my girlfriend could really use this tablet for her nieces Christmas present. **** off.

Or even better, if you don't want one then don't reserve one. Really annoying to see these threads then see some idiot saying. I reserved 5 and then changed my mind. Contact me for a code because I'm a hero. Or words to that effect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭db

bigpink wrote: »
    Prob all be on adverts and donedeal tomorrow

Actually I think you'll find most people have bought them as presents for their kids. I was about to buy the Alba 8" today when this BA came up.

It was a great spot by the OP and some of us were lucky enough to benefit. If it wasn't for boards being down this morning I'm sure I would have missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

can i just say a really big thank you to Lazeedaisy!! for the carlow code. I have posted many times before but have never (i think) asked for a code and didnt hold much hope in getting one. your little act of kindness has really helped me out, merry christmas Lazeedaisy i really hope you have a happy one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Code requests are not permitted under forum rules. Do not request a code, or seek a code swap.

dudara

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

dan786 wrote: »
    Anyone have a code for Tallaght? Shared many myself in the past for bargains , time to see if I get any now.

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mondo123

This one is now available - slightly dearer... is it a good bargain?? seems to be the new model- http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4177159/Trail/searchtext%3EGREAT+SAVINGS+ON+SELECTED+TABLETS.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Mondo123 wrote: »
    This one is now available - slightly dearer... is it a good bargain?? seems to be the new model- http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4177159/Trail/searchtext%3EGREAT+SAVINGS+ON+SELECTED+TABLETS.htm

Yea me too.Would like peoples opinions on this model/price

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Mahogany Gaspipe

Doesn't seem to be in stock in many places either :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Slightly? It's €40 more. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mondo123

Techmaster wrote: »
    Slightly? It's €40 more. :P
    Really useful, thanks for pointing that out. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Really useful, thanks for pointing that out. :rolleyes:

Mate it's not a bargain anymore when you buy it at that price, in fairness.

The tablet you linked is nearly identical, besides the processor, which is slightly newer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

This is why I hate some people

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_lenovo+a8/

Charging double the price and conveniently they all went up yesterday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Techmaster wrote: »
    Mate it's not a bargain anymore when you buy it at that price, in fairness.

The tablet you linked is nearly identical, besides the processor, which is slightly newer.

Plus an extra speaker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

An it gets an official upgrade to 5.0. It's a good alternative, not as much of a bargain as the one yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

swingking wrote:
    This is why I hate some people

Sickens me, people doing that last week with the Nexus 9. That means something who genuinely wanted the tablet has missed out

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

Actually my sister ordered one for Kilkenny and does not want it so first person to reply here gets it, please no private message. I will pm you the details, first reply saying they want it only.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Cant collect my one today in Childers rd.. First reply gets it.

Edit. Gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

No code requests allowed. I will start taking mod action if I see any more

If you have a code that you cannot use, then offer it and edit your original post when it is gone. DO NOT CLOG UP THE THREAD WITH "PM SENT" TYPE COMMENTS

dudara

Advertisement