Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 €299 - Argos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭petejmk

Tusky wrote: »

Managed to pick up one of these earlier in the Ilac. They didn't have Uncharted to throw in for free but I reserved one in Jervis and there was no problem going between the two. Just had to show Jervis the receipt from the Ilac

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

Very interesting thread..can i ask are all these bargains walk in,or can i reserve online?my lad wants ps4 with the assasins pack and he laso wants cod...i was thinking it was going to cost bear 500..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 braniganl

You can reserve anything in Argos online for 1 day. I reserved one of the Uncharted PS4's in Clonmel and have to pick it up between now and when they close tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

lolokeogh wrote: »
    Very interesting thread..can i ask are all these bargains walk in,or can i reserve online?my lad wants ps4 with the assasins pack and he laso wants cod...i was thinking it was going to cost bear 500..

Should save you a few quid on Call of Duty: http://deals.simplygames.com/p/call-of-duty-black-ops-iii-3-ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Tusky wrote: »
    Should save you a few quid on Call of Duty: http://deals.simplygames.com/p/call-of-duty-black-ops-iii-3-ps4

50 quid in SuperValu also....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

1tb PS4 marked as €389 drops down to €369 at checkout when bought with Fifa 16 which is free as part of an offer. So all in €369 for the 1tb and Fifa 16. A 1tb console with Star Wars Battlefront is €399 in GameStop so €370 with FIFA seems a good deal. Looks like a pricing error so move fast if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Prunty wrote: »
    1tb PS4 marked as €389 drops down to €369 at checkout when bought with Fifa 16 which is free as part of an offer. So all in €369 for the 1tb and Fifa 16. A 1tb console with Star Wars Battlefront is €399 in GameStop so €370 with FIFA seems a good deal. Looks like a pricing error so move fast if you want it.

Argos have been pricing ps4's for cheap for a while now. I have been keeping my eye on it and will probably be pulling the trigger this week on one of the 500gb consoles, they are cheaper and I can get a hard drive myself and it will work out cheaper and I get to keep the spare 500gb hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Does anyone think there will be a better deal that whats on offer now in Argos closer to Christmas or around New years? I cant remember from last year if prices would be similar or less for new years sales

rejkin wrote: »
    Does anyone think there will be a better deal that whats on offer now in Argos closer to Christmas or around New years? I cant remember from last year if prices would be similar or less for new years sales

I really doubt it. The one for 360 with fifa and battlefront is probably the best you will get for a long time. You can trade those games for almost 100 bucks in cex

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

€319.99 for the Uncharted bundle is a steal... Trust me I would know.

Possible to add stuff too for a better deal, lots of stock about too.

http://www.checkargos.com/product/4532842

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

Can somebody explain what best the machine to go for, Xbox 1 or ps4

Are both game play graphics the same? And the ps controller been smaller to hold, for a small child ect

spongbob wrote: »

Are both game play graphics the same? And the ps controller been smaller to hold, for a small child ect

Without getting into fanboyish debate my own opinion is that the ps4 is better. It has a higher market share and has better hardware.

The xbox has some nice features too though but I can't recommend it over the ps4.

Not sure about the controller, it fits comfortably in my hands and I have largish hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianw1

I've just reserved a copy of the star wars and fifa bundle mentioned above. Not interested in either game so a trade in at cex for 95e, leaving the ps4 cost at 264e. Don't think I'll get it any cheaper than that!

Now to pick up the Witcher 3 from eBay ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Ste1605

any links to the bundle with FIFA and battlefront can't find it on the site..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

spongbob wrote: »

It's really down to personal preference. Go wherever your friends are.

In terms of graphics, the PS4 always has either higher or equal resolution to XB1 but can sometimes suffer worse frame rates. The graphics between the 2 will be pretty much un-noticable unless you really went looking for the small details.

Controller wise, the PS4 pad is a bit smaller. But also is down to personal opinion which one you prefer.

XB1 has EA Access which gives you about 15 full games for €25 per year with more being added regularly.

It also has backwars compatibility for 100+ titles right now with more being added each month. So if you happen to have any old 360 games you can play them on XB1 or pick up some second hand for feck all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It also has backwars compatibility for 100+ titles right now with more being added each month. So if you happen to have any old 360 games you can play them on XB1 or pick up some second hand for feck all.

PS has that coming aswell.

Yup it sure does, PS2 backwards compatibility. Shame it wasn't ps3.

Yup it sure does, PS2 backwards compatibility. Shame it wasn't ps3.

Ps2 library is far better than the ps3 in my opinion.

Ps4 has Playstation now which allows you to play certain ps3 games over the network (At an extra expense and not available here without some workarounds but will be in the future). Xbox is limited in backwards compatibility too and the list available right now is not that great in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭petejmk

Tesco ad in the Indo today offering a PS4 for €299 from tomorrow, 27th Nov. Offer valid until 29th Nov.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

GameStop also selling 500GB PS4's and XBOne's for €300 for Black Friday. Also Watch Dogs comes free with the purchase of any console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Don't forget the monthly free Games with Gold on the xbox one.

Also going forward you can now also download the free xbox 360 games for gold to play on the xbox one as they'll be backwards compatible, giving you double free games monthly.

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/Live/Games-with-gold

biebiebie wrote: »
    Don't forget the monthly free Games with Gold on the xbox one.

Also going forward you can now also download the free xbox 360 games for gold to play on the xbox one as they'll be backwards compatible, giving you double free games monthly.

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/Live/Games-with-gold

Didn't mention games with gold as PS+ has free games each month too.

But you're right about the 360 games, they'll all be b.c from now on, which is good! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Smyths are doing €300 PS4 with Fifa 16

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

petejmk wrote: »
    Tesco ad in the Indo today offering a PS4 for €299 from tomorrow, 27th Nov. Offer valid until 29th Nov.

link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hmv.ie have the consoles at 294 using code HMV5

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

Giblet wrote: »
    Smyths are doing €300 PS4 with Fifa 16

Link?

500GB PlayStation 4 Batman Arkham Knight + + + Star Wars Battlefront Steelbook + GTA V for €349

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01894M0GK?ref_=gb1h_tit_m-4_9187_0c43d5f7&smid=A1X6FK5RDHNB96

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Best deal I've found so far is 389 for the 1tb console with star wars : http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4488611/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CPS4%7C37328275/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328275%7CPS4+consoles%7C37328622.htm you can also add a 2nd game for between 28-35 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sok2005

500GB PlayStation 4 Batman Arkham Knight + + + Star Wars Battlefront Steelbook + GTA V for €349

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01894M0GK?ref_=gb1h_tit_m-4_9187_0c43d5f7&smid=A1X6FK5RDHNB96

€379 inc shipping.

Advertisement