Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polar RC3 Halfords Bargain

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

ted1 wrote: »
    What did they do ? I'm having trouble with my HRM too.

Hi Ted,

Just swapped a hrm from another box.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SprinterSacre

Have one of these available at €80 in Galway if anyone here is interested. Working perfect and only used once (used with old hrm strap). Only reason for sale is I prefer the Garmin I already have.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

So the gps stopped working about a week ago. The battery doesn't last as long as it used to. I have the receipt from halfords. I beleive there is a 2 year warranty. Do I bring it back to halfords or do I send it to Polar.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

baza1976 wrote: »
    So the gps stopped working about a week ago. The battery doesn't last as long as it used to. I have the receipt from halfords. I beleive there is a 2 year warranty. Do I bring it back to halfords or do I send it to Polar.

Thanks

I would probably bring it back to Halfords first of all anyway. They will probably just send it back to Polar anyway. If my experience with Halfords is anything to go by you may be quicker sending it back to Polar yourself, they are pretty useless. My bro had problem with his RC3 recently and sent it back to Polar, the whole thing was sorted in a few days, new watch sent out. They seem to have a decent setup for returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

baza1976 wrote: »

Thanks

Contact Polar directly through their website http://www.polar.com/en/support/contact_us/email_polar you will get a RETURNS number from them which cuts out the crvp you will get from the retailer.

Once you get the number send it directly with copy of your proof of purchase and your issue will be turned around within a few days. As it is end of line product at this stage the retailer would be returning it too and there's no need for a middle man in this.

2 year warranty is right with Polar.

Just to check first though, you haven't inadvertently disabled the GPS in the sport profile?

Battery life shortening is normal in rechargeable products but if it is excessive put in your claim anyway. You should in reality be getting approx 10 hours GPS time between recharges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

There seems to be an ongoing issue with those Polar RC3 with regards to battery life. My brother had to return his less than month old watch as the battery was dying during activities even after a full night on charge.

With R=1 and N=20 or so thankfully the only issue I've seen with the units has been pairing issues with HRM after the batteries have been replaced - but that is a simple enough reset.

The only think I wonder about is as these were being circulated out are the batteries being killed by a long shelf life without any charge. A lot of the similar generation Garmin suffer the same shortening battery life - FR10 for example

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Batteries can develop a charge memory from not letting them fully discharge before charging them up again. No need to do every time but do it regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Vincepl

Bought this back in July, got it for €72 (guy in Halfords gave me the AXA bonus as there was an issue with my reservation and I had to wait a few days) and was fairly happy with that.

Being using it mostly as a watch and as a HRM on bike rides so fairly limited use.

Charged it fully at the weekend and it had a good 80%+ charge left in it before checking it this morning and finding it completely dead and won't charge.

I suppose I'll contact Polar as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ooter

My HRM stopped working ages ago, watch still works fine though, could I return just the HRM or would they want the watch also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

ooter wrote: »
    My HRM stopped working ages ago, watch still works fine though, could I return just the HRM or would they want the watch also?

Is the battery dead on it? Not a warranty issue batteries run out and need replacing periodically

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ooter

Is the battery dead on it? Not a warranty issue batteries run out and need replacing periodically

Tried a brand new battery and the watch still wouldn't pick up the signal.

You will need to break the pairing and repair them again through the settings system on the watch.

Advertisement