Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

the orchard thieves cider add is terrible , the poem has no relevance to the product , sounds like michael gambon could be wrong but it annoys the hell out of me and in terms of relevance it reminds me of the mr plow advert in the simpsons

uggybear wrote: »
    Their latest advert's dubbing effort really cringy. The little girl's Irish accent turns into what could be a Scouse (Liverpool or Northern England) accent for a few seconds and then switches back again :o

i didnt realize this until i read the post ,but in truth it was dubbed over in every scene , i cant watch the add now without noticing it , its around the part of the father getting the sports channel's in that she sounds like sinbad from brookeside

The M & Ms ad where they don't want to get into the bowl so they can be eaten. Seriously who comes up with an ad featuring food that is essentially begging for it's life?

that or just too lazy to fight for his life , "couldnt find a bigger bowel huh" to be fair the M&M's are not putting up much of a fight either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

i didnt realize this until i read the post ,but in truth it was dubbed over in every scene , i cant watch the add now without noticing it , its around the part of the father getting the sports channel's in that she sounds like sinbad from brookeside

The radio ad isn't much better. The kid with the Amurkan accent needs a slap

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Smug American prick with the annoying voice driving around in a car ad with a lie detector, its on over and over and over again.

• Advertisement

There's a lovely new ad with a family cavorting on the beach and the voice-over just seems to be saying diarrhea over and over again.
    They look happy now but one of them has had a rough few days

No idea what the product is. All I heard was diarrhea. Maybe the product is called diarrhea?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

The one that I really despise is the Hyundai ads with the slogan "Believe everything you hear"

I have had to drive some of their products in our fleet at work. In my opinion they are piles of excrement on four wheels. If I tell you that then you should believe it. How much Coke had that advertising team consumed to come up with that slogan?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

For five seconds before watching anything on YouTube: "Oym Conoh McGregoh. Oym a figh'oh!"

"Skip ad" - oh thank God!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

That Guinness Hophouse 13 advert drives me insane, the guy says 'larger' instead of lager?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The bank advert, I think it's AIB.

The girls accent is genuinely rage inducing...
    I don't know what accent she is trying to attempt, but there's no way that it's real.

In Branch..
    On the phone..
    Online.. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Nothing more to add than this .....

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

I find Pringles use of the word "cans" to describe the cardboard tubes containing their product most agitating. Most agitating indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

Only thing I hate about Pringles is how 1 pringle turns into the whole "can" very quickly.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I'm getting tired of that Energia one with the Wayne Rooney lookalike being hassled by that bird and cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Allyall wrote: »
    The bank advert, I think it's AIB.

The girls accent is genuinely rage inducing...
    I don't know what accent she is trying to attempt, but there's no way that it's real.

In Branch..
    On the phone..
    Online.. :mad:
    Its because she sounds like shes going to start crying, it triggers a reaction like the sound of a crying baby, its so bad and has been going on for years at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Thargor wrote: »
    Its because she sounds like shes going to start crying, it triggers a reaction like the sound of a crying baby, its so bad and has been going on for years at this stage.

Nail on head. It is pure exploitation by corporate advertisers in their attempt to somehow apply emotion and an emotional response to a BANK. When she says 'and shop streets bustle' it really does sound like she is about to be overcome by an unspeakable emotion.

I don't know who the narrator in that AIB ad is, but her voice grates into to very core of my soul. Her accent is so false and her voice so piercing. The day is coming when I shall be ruler of the world* and that is the day I will round up every advertiser and put them up against a wall. They are destroying the world.

*not necessarily true :p

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    I don't know who the narrator in that AIB ad is, but her voice grates into to very core of my soul. Her accent is so false and her voice so piercing. The day is coming when I shall be ruler of the world* and that is the day I will round up every advertiser and put them up against a wall. They are destroying the world.

This be she:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiona_O%27Shaughnessy

Was in an amazing show called 'Utopia'

The M & Ms ad where they don't want to get into the bowl so they can be eaten. Seriously who comes up with an ad featuring food that is essentially begging for it's life?

What bugs the sh!te out of me is the obviously fake American voice used at the end.

Anyway, TRIVAGO, TRIVAGO, ALWAYS ALL THE FCUKING TRIVAGO ADS!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Birneybau wrote: »
    This be she:

I remember seeing that RTE show she was in Trouble In Paradise,where she played some kind of hippy/new age traveller.Even by RTE standards it sticks in my mind as one of the worst fecking things I've seen on the telly in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

This be she:

Wasnt that the infamously crappy show?

Remember reading some hilarious IGN reviews about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Oneiric 3 wrote: »

All hail Oneiric and his glorious new regime!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The new Eircode ad that is all.

Wasnt that the infamously crappy show?

Remember reading some hilarious IGN reviews about it

No? It got great reviews this side of the Atlantic. I thought it was amazing myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Thargor wrote: »

She doesn't deserve vocal chords. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

This be she:

Finally we have a face to the person who has been wrecking all our heads in the AIB ad

357560_full.jpg

May she have a long career

......in silent movies

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

ah now, i think she has a lovely voice. (i dont like the ad much, but she can only work with the script shes given)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Trip Advisor- that "BOOK" is so irritating

ah now, i think she has a lovely voice. (i dont like the ad much, but she can only work with the script shes given)

She's better than the Airtricity voiceover. 80 is not pronounced Adee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Blue Insurance ad, put me off before I even looked them up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭patmac

The stupidest ad has to be the latest Carlsberg Ad featuring a Barber shop. I mean your sitting there having a pint getting your haircut you look up at the band singing, then take one mouthful and you will be spitting out hair for the rest of the day. Fecking eejits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement