Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

This is not the thread you're looking for, but I agree that was a great ad. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Not a TV ad but one recently from Bord Gais or some crowd on the radio about getting a refund and this bimbo sounding teenager saying they can use the discount for her "summer going away with the girls fund".

Don't know why but so many ad's these days just seem to be full of shallow sounding airheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

This is not the thread you're looking for, but I agree that was a great ad. :D

True, but I just want a link haha, anyone tell me where to look? Not on youtube but I have little idea how to even search for this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭QuinDixie

Andrex ad where the kids are describing their cleanliness.

"Like a washed potato" "Like shiny sparkly stars"
    The most obnoxious weird children.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

Married couple are viewing house with a (male) estate agent. The missus (sexy blonde, obvs) is very impressed by the fantastic Triton shower. Hubby and the estate agent then walk into the bathroom to find she's stripped off to have a go right there and then. Confused husband covers estate agent's eyes with his hand.
    Whole thing looks like it was lifted out of a 70's sex comedy.

First noticed it yesterday but it's been around for a while it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

franer1970 wrote: »
    Married couple are viewing house with a (male) estate agent. The missus (sexy blonde, obvs) is very impressed by the fantastic Triton shower. Hubby and the estate agent then walk into the bathroom to find she's stripped off to have a go right there and then. Confused husband covers estate agent's eyes with his hand.
    Whole thing looks like it was lifted out of a 70's sex comedy.

First noticed it yesterday but it's been around for a while it seems.

That can't be a Triton shower, it doesn't have a Maynooth Shower Centre sticker on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

QuinDixie wrote: »
    Andrex ad where the kids are describing their cleanliness.

"Like a washed potato" "Like shiny sparkly stars"
    The most obnoxious weird children.

Plus the puppy only makes a token appearance at the very end. :(

The ad below is ten thousand trillion times better. And that's not an exaggeration.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

The Vanish 'Tip Exchange'. I mean how many possible ways could there be to put stain remover on?

Also the Prepay Power.ie ads. Horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

mordeith wrote: »
    The Vanish 'Tip Exchange'. I mean how many possible ways could there be to put stain remover on?

There's two things above all else that I hate in that ad:
    1. The people in the videos. They look like the sort who would misappropriate memes, e.g. Minions with captions like "if u cant handle me at my worst u dont deserve me at my best". 'Telpis if they ever discover /r/montageparodies.
    2. The song in the ad. It's just some bint who blurts "CONVERSHAWWWN" and then there's some generic guitar riffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

That Vodaphone 4g ad with someones father/chef singing "I have Nothing" Honestly, who the fcuk signs off on these things? Shocking altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The Ultimate Wingman is back again, I was hoping that would be the last we'd seen of that gimp with his stupid hair and stick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The Ultimate Wingman is back again, I was hoping that would be the last we'd seen of that gimp with his stupid hair and stick.

There is a hippy guy in Cork who looks exactly like him.Always see him around the city center.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Music in the latest, prickish, Heineken ad, anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The G.P now add on Radio Nova, must have cost at least E5 to make,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

selous wrote: »
    The G.P now add on Radio Nova, must have cost at least E5 to make,

Remember "It's Noyeks Newmans - kitchens, floors, decks and doors"?

Well, it can now be heard at the top of every hour on Radio Nova...

:o:o:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭dbrunson

that alliance ad, holy shi@e, I will NEVER buy a policy from those tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Remember "It's Noyeks Newmans - kitchens, floors, decks and doors"?

Well, it can now be heard at the top of every hour on Radio Nova...

:o:o:D;)

You bastard, you've just ruined my day. Your username already gets an annoying jingle stuck in my head any time I read it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I want tae call her Fanny

I want tae call her Fanny

Ah I like that ad (great username by the way!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The pinergy add.
    My name is jerry
    my name is Sheila
    my name is Paul
    Ill show ya how to save electric, Go to France on a big pay deal, wooo hoooo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The M & Ms ad where they don't want to get into the bowl so they can be eaten. Seriously who comes up with an ad featuring food that is essentially begging for it's life?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Sorry if it's been mentioned already, but the ad for Boots NO.7 Advanced Serum where they catch up with the women who tried it a year ago.

Stupid smiley women who are getting EMOTIONAL looking at their own faces, and hugging each other like long-lost friends when they meet on the TV shoot.

And the black woman with the curly hair style that looks RIDICULOUS and the blonde woman who laughs her words.
    Cringey and awful.

The Marisota ad where women are given new outfits and then ta-da! They have to see themselves in the mirror and one woman is CRYING.

The Tampax ad with "Mother Nature"; I don't know where to put my face when I have guests round!
    "I brought you a little gift!", she snarls in her witchy voice..
    (The ad woman, not my guest).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

That Uncle Ben's ad for their new rice and quinoa Franken-creation. Taking John Travolta and Olivia Neutron Bomb in vain. Dire!

fricatus wrote: »
    That Uncle Ben's ad for their new rice and quinoa Franken-creation. Taking John Travolta and Olivia Neutron Bomb in vain. Dire!

Yah that looks disgusting as well. If I wanted disgusting quinoa I'd cook it, and I presumably wouldn't want rice. If I want delicious rice, I don't want to ruin it with scuzzy quinoa

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Asdfghjkl987

The cheap Tesco ad with the stupid song that just says DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN......... It always has to come on twice on every break as well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

The cheap Tesco ad with the stupid song that just says DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN......... It always has to come on twice on every break as well :pac:

Anytime I hear music like that, I have to stop and think to myself

"How does **** like that a) get made, b) get the go ahead c) be funded"

Baffling, I mean,,,,its one word.......one word.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Anytime I hear music like that, I have to stop and think to myself

"How does **** like that a) get made, b) get the go ahead c) be funded"

Baffling, I mean,,,,its one word.......one word.....

That song was played 1,000 times a day when it was released. It was head wrecking.
    I felt sick at the end of that year whenever I heard it. I thought everyone was the same, I never thought for one second that anyone could ever even think of making it into a repetitive ad.. :mad::mad::mad:
    (song is Paul Johnson - Get Get Down BTW)

The Corsodyl Mouthwash ad.. It's not that I hate it, but it's .... odd.

"For people who's gums bleed when they brush their teeth."

Not sure if I'd be rushing out to by a bottle of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The M & Ms ad where they don't want to get into the bowl so they can be eaten. Seriously who comes up with an ad featuring food that is essentially begging for it's life?
    The 2 detestable Americans they used for it aswell. "I could go for a snack..." and her meek little husband sounds confused then goes to get it, who asks for food like that? :mad:

Vodafone brought back their san-ban-boon-wa 5GB ad, so many crappy ads reappearing at the minute but this one particularly annoys me because its such a crap product they're offering. Top up by 20 euro and have them instantly confiscate 10 euro credit for a measly 5GB of data that wouldn't last me a day, then have them gouge you on texts and calls and everything else.

Top up by 20 with 3, you get truly unlimited 4g, free texts free weekend calls and you get to keep your 20 euro credit.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

Allyall wrote: »
    (song is Paul Johnson - Get Get Down BTW)
    Nice one! love that tune :):) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

househero wrote: »
    Tesco Mobile

CLAIM...
    Better Value

1 month after doubling WiFi and mobile payg costs

CNTS

Their latest advert's dubbing effort really cringy. The little girl's Irish accent turns into what could be a Scouse (Liverpool or Northern England) accent for a few seconds and then switches back again :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement