Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Medicals and Training 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    Yes just ring in.

I was thinking of ringing in friday to see if the exemption forms are back and if a set date has been made for training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

Cedric87 wrote:
    I was thinking of ringing in friday to see if the exemption forms are back and if a set date has been made for training.

They said "coming weeks" I should here back on the forms , like I was sure when someone said coming weeks it ment no more then 4 weeks ,but I'd say there is a good 10- 20 forms so mite take longer then we think

They said "coming weeks" I should here back on the forms , like I was sure when someone said coming weeks it ment no more then 4 weeks ,but I'd say there is a good 10- 20 forms so mite take longer then we think

Yeah it's 2 weeks on Thursday I sent mine. So maybe another 2 weeks, I just don't want to miss the June training date.

Cedric87 wrote:
    Yeah it's 2 weeks on Thursday I sent mine. So maybe another 2 weeks, I just don't want to miss the June training date.

I sent mine 4 weeks ago Sunday man, I still haven't herd anything

I sent mine 4 weeks ago Sunday man, I still haven't herd anything

Really jasus that gives me feck all confidence now

• Registered Users Posts: 11 karl6709

Rang up there the other day unfortunately they told me my file has not even been processed yet due to the sheer amount of applications they received in 2013..long time to be waiting for a br form has anybody else experienced a wait this long?

karl6709 wrote: »
    Rang up there the other day unfortunately they told me my file has not even been processed yet due to the sheer amount of applications they received in 2013..long time to be waiting for a br form has anybody else experienced a wait this long?

I applied Febuary 2013 originally for the process sent BR forms off in March 2014 and got my medical 3 weeks ago.

karl6709 wrote:

Sent my br form of September 2013 only got medical 2 weeks ago, when did u send it in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

Is there any medicals going on this month and is June a done deal for training.

• Advertisement

thesamster wrote:

No idea my man , theres ment to be a class at the end of June ,but sure who knows really. As for medicals they will ring you ,I'd say u get a call soon.

Any word on your exemption. Still waiting myself

thesamster wrote:
    Any word on your exemption. Still waiting myself

No word back yet , its a month on Sunday . I didn't think it would take this long ,I was thinking 2/3 weeks ,

No word back yet , its a month on Sunday . I didn't think it would take this long ,I was thinking 2/3 weeks ,

Hopefully soon with that and medical out of the way it will feel like we're getting some where ,,,, finally

thesamster wrote: »

Yes as far as I'm aware medicals are this month and nothing is offical as of yet Regards training.

Cedric87 wrote:
    Yes as far as I'm aware medicals are this month and nothing is offical as of yet Regards training.

There will be a class late June or July hopefully .

• Advertisement

There will be a class late June or July hopefully .

Still no word back runner no ?

Cedric87 wrote:
    Still no word back runner no ?

I'm afraid not man . :(

I'm afraid not man . :(

And here's me thinking all the wairing games where over

Cedric87 wrote:
    And here's me thinking all the wairing games where over

Might give an email next week .

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jammydodger123

Lads, prob a silly question but if you've done the medical does that mean your BR forms are cleared?

• Advertisement

Lads, prob a silly question but if you've done the medical does that mean your BR forms are cleared?

Yes, you have to be cleared before you get to medical stage, have u had your medical recently? :)

My last interview I had with the superintendent would have been in 2013 just before fulltime recruitment was announced heard nothing back since..I was told my form still has not been processe. Still holding hope I get a call soon.. Not sure if I should keep ringing in for updates.

karl6709 wrote:
    My last interview I had with the superintendent would have been in 2013 just before fulltime recruitment was announced heard nothing back since..I was told my form still has not been processe. Still holding hope I get a call soon.. Not sure if I should keep ringing in for updates.

Id say what happened and happened to many was ur BR form was sitting on someones desk in your local station for a few months, because mine and your own time frame are the same I also done my last interview in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jammydodger123

Yes, you have to be cleared before you get to medical stage, have u had your medical recently? :)

Ya I did few weeks ago, hopefully there will be a training class soon ðŸ˜႒

Id say what happened and happened to many was ur BR form was sitting on someones desk in your local station for a few months, because mine and your own time frame are the same I also done my last interview in 2013.

Hopefully so..maybe I'll just keep pestering them so They get a move On with it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

karl6709 wrote: »
    Hopefully so..maybe I'll just keep pestering them so They get a move On with it!
    I dont think they will pay much heed to some wannabee pestering them.

Santa Cruz wrote:

Keyboard warrior should be your user name Santa Cruz .

Santa Cruz wrote: »

People have been blocked for less on these threads and this arsehole annoys most of us with his foolish and idiotic posts and yet he is still not blocked.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Santa Cruz permabanned

Santa Cruz wrote: »

Turner wrote: »
    Santa Cruz permabanned

Thanks turner, one less troll.

• Advertisement

Anyone here any word on exemptions ?
    There's another lad ino got his back already.

Anyone here any word on exemptions ?
    There's another lad ino got his back already.

I'm ringing tomorrow so, it's been 3 weeks now.

Cedric87 wrote:
    I'm ringing tomorrow so, it's been 3 weeks now.

It's nearly 5 for me , I emailed and they said they haven't be signed off yet so I'd say you will get the same answer as me self.

It's nearly 5 for me , I emailed and they said they haven't be signed off yet so I'd say you will get the same answer as me self.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised, the bloke you know who got his when did he send them away ?

Cedric87 wrote:
    Yeah I wouldn't be surprised, the bloke you know who got his when did he send them away ?

I think he said 5 months ago, and he got Reject letter or email.

I think he said 5 months ago, and he got Reject letter or email.

5 bloody months and he didn't get in feck. That has me doubting things now, however with classes coming up I think it will be quicker but rejection would be a kick in the teeth.

Cedric87 wrote:
    5 bloody months and he didn't get in feck. That has me doubting things now, however with classes coming up I think it will be quicker but rejection would be a kick in the teeth.

Ya he had so much done more then me ,so I'll keep hope but when he told me I was shocked .he had been in the army and all.

Ya he had so much done more then me ,so I'll keep hope but when he told me I was shocked .he had been in the army and all.

Yeah but what was his voluntary work like ? I'm not hopeful anymore

Cedric87 wrote:
    Yeah but what was his voluntary work like ? I'm not hopeful anymore

He worked for order of Malta for 5 years .

• Advertisement

He worked for order of Malta for 5 years .

Jesus there must have been a reason Id that's not enough I don't know what is.

The Garda Commissioner may exempt a person from meeting these requirements if satisfied that the person has personal attributes which otherwise render him or her suitable to be admitted as a reserve trainee. (This only occurs in exceptional circumstances).

I'm gone. Forget it.

He never told me if they gave a reason and I didn't ask ,but the guy has charity and community work done . but I don't think they hand them out to offen ,iv herd of people getting them but only a few from off this.
    I wish I had my maths past and this wouldn't be a problem .

He never told me if they gave a reason and I didn't ask ,but the guy has charity and community work done . but I don't think they hand them out to offen ,iv herd of people getting them but only a few from off this.
    I wish I had my maths past and this wouldn't be a problem .

I know same if only I could go back. If I do an irish class and pass would this be okay for applying in future recruitment it wonder ?

Cedric87 wrote:
    I know same if only I could go back. If I do an irish class and pass would this be okay for applying in future recruitment it wonder ?

Ya for sure it would, You know for full time you only need 5 passes in your LC but you do need 2 languages., so Irish and English,

Why was the Reserve entry requirements not changed like the full time ?

• Advertisement

Why was the Reserve entry requirements not changed like the full time ?

I haven't a clue it's a joke.

I rang today no word back on the form. But the lady said that the majority get exempt and it's rarely that people don't get it apparently. So a bit of hope

Cedric87 wrote:
    I rang today no word back on the form. But the lady said that the majority get exempt and it's rarely that people don't get it apparently. So a bit of hope

Good to here man , I gave an email just to see for me self. But if urs not back mine probs isn't.

Good to here man , I gave an email just to see for me self. But if urs not back mine probs isn't.

Your be in before mine.

Cedric87 wrote:
    Your be in before mine.

Got an email back, Got a Yes. Happy days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement