Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava Boards.ie Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭rab!dmonkey

ror_74 wrote: »
    Can you see the files in the history folder through explorer/ finder ?
    No. Recuva can't find anything there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

Was there a site were you could view everyone on the one map, an icon moving on the map for every rider,who uploaded onto Strava after a race. Sure I seen this on boards last year? Was interesting to in effect watch how the race unfolded after.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭nilhg

greenmat wrote: »
    Was there a site were you could view everyone on the one map, an icon moving on the map for every rider,who uploaded onto Strava after a race. Sure I seen this on boards last year? Was interesting to in effect watch how the race unfolded after.

That was veloflow, when Strava updated their API support for this seems to have been lost, whether it will ever return is not clear, though Strava themselves have hinted at some new comparison features coming in the future,

Some background info here;

http://blog.veloviewer.com/save-the-veloflow-api/

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

nilhg wrote: »
    That was veloflow, when Strava updated their API support for this seems to have been lost, whether it will ever return is not clear, though Strava themselves have hinted at some new comparison features coming in the future,

Some background info here;

http://blog.veloviewer.com/save-the-veloflow-api/

Thats the one, pity about that, Was excellent. Looked at it before I tried open racing and now that I have wanted to give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ian_rush

Raceshape would give you similar info for a selection of riders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,494 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Maybe I'm missing something but didn't there used to be a performance tab on a segment where you could see your performance on the selected ride with a comparison against your best time and the KOM?

I can't find it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭maloner

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something but didn't there used to be a performance tab on a segment where you could see your performance on the selected ride with a comparison against your best time and the KOM?

I can't find it anymore

I think you mean raceshape:

http://raceshape.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

maloner wrote: »
    I think you mean raceshape:

http://raceshape.com/

I think Leroy42 is correct. That functionality did exist on strava itself but is now gone

I believe that the performance tab is now a premium feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

I believe that the performance tab is now a premium feature.

No it's gone completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Any tips for recovering files from an Edge 510? I was running a Livetrack activity, hit start/stop, saved activity. I turned the thing off and when I turned it back on, all of my user data was gone (bike/activity profiles, old activities, courses, workouts). I tried using Recuva, but it couldn't find anything relevant.

Any chance you kept any of them on the garmin pc training software (forget what its called).

Most odd that recuva didn't find it (assuming the data was deleted). Did you try searching the garmin for ".fit" files ; maybe it hid them somewhere else???

Any chance you kept any of them on the garmin pc training software (forget what its called).

Most odd that recuva didn't find it (assuming the data was deleted). Did you try searching the garmin for ".fit" files ; maybe it hid them somewhere else???
    I do backup my activities on the 'Training Centre' software, but the 510 wiped itself well before I got it near a computer.

To be honest, I'm not sure if the last activity before the wipe ever saved properly. I was running a Livetrack session which allowed to view the activity online up to 24 h later. When I took a look at it, there was a notification which said that the session was ended from the app, but that the activity was still ongoing. Given that I ended the activity in the normal way, it seems possible that the activity was never saved properly.

I searched my Garmin high and low for .fit files, but everything was gone: old activities, courses, bike/activity profiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

jinkypolly wrote: »
    Try using 'Strava Needs A Polish' to nudge your ride back on to the road and give you a usable tcx file that you can upload to Strava.

http://strava-tools.raceshape.com/snap/

This was posted in Jan last year but is a great tool. Posted this in my log - " Was wrecked so pulled up at a bar and grabbed a drink before hitting a downhill segment. Parked the bike under an awning and it appears it lost GPS as it has the downhill section off track and not counting against the segment. Doh!" but fixed it using the above tool.

Originally googled it looking to fix an errant gps route so I could set a segment properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Saw this linked on Drunkcyclist.com - quick way to ruin strava for everyone and make every KOM look suspicious.

http://www.digitalepo.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

Saw this linked on Drunkcyclist.com - quick way to ruin strava for everyone and make every KOM look suspicious.

I think that's been round for quite a while now. Might even be a reference somewhere in this thread. In fairness I'd say there must be very few people sad enough to use it.

It is trivial to detect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Forgive me if I'm wrong but are the two fellas doing that crazy amount of mileage on the boards club actually members on here? Or are they just 'kudos-whores' joining every club under the sun? :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Zyzz wrote: »
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but are the two fellas doing that crazy amount of mileage on the boards club actually members on here? Or are they just 'kudos-whores' joining every club under the sun? :|

Noticed those two a week or so ago. I believe it to be the latter to be honest.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Does it make any difference?

Does it make any difference?

Well yes, it's a club, I like the competition against members on here..

That's like giving Brian O'Driscoll the 'Munster Player of the Month' award' (assuming you watch rugby then that won't make any sense)

But thanks for the valuable input!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

What are they competing in?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'd be pretty irritated by them too if I had any chance of being top of the club leaderboard. It's totally unnecessary to join 20-30 clubs

What are they competing in?

Do you use strava or are you just here to stir?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭buffalo

Zyzz wrote: »

Forgive the back seat moderation, but I believe it's against boards.ie rules to speculate on the identity of members. Therefore, we cannot know if the top two are actually members unless they choose to step forward and identify themselves.

It was a genuine question. As far as I can see anyone can join a Strava club, so I don't think they did anything wrong even if they aren't Boards users. And I wasn't aware of any Strava competition where they're depriving anyone of winning something by being a member of the club. So yes, I'm genuinely wondering if it makes any difference.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

It was a genuine question. As far as I can see anyone can join a Strava club, so I don't think they did anything wrong even if they aren't Boards users. And I wasn't aware of any Strava competition where they're depriving anyone of winning something by being a member of the club. So yes, I'm genuinely wondering if it makes any difference.

I randomly joined the IAM cycling strava club. Took months to approve and as far as I can tell not many others are in it (except the pros)

godtabh wrote: »
    I randomly joined the IAM cycling strava club. Took months to approve and as far as I can tell not many others are in it (except the pros)

Actually, that rings a bell. I think I had to be approved to join my work club. So I guess it's up to the club admin to decide whether membership is open or subject to approval?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

yeah wouldnt mind if boards had to accept you, then we know its all people actually posting on boards thats the fun of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I don't get what makes it more fun if the two gents in question are or are not posting on Boards.
    They have put down a marker regarding distance. If one is one of those sad pr1cks that get his jollies out of competing with other anonymous folk on a social media platform then whether they post here, lurk here or invade the Strava club is irrelevant.
    They are just slightly more sad than all of the rest of us sad fuc£s seeking validation by posting our rides on Strava and then crowing about it over here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

manafana wrote: »
    yeah wouldnt mind if boards had to accept you, then we know its all people actually posting on boards thats the fun of it.

That would mean designated administrators, which is a whole new can of worms for Strava I'd imagine.

Local administrators for segments would be great though. Then KOMs might revert back to actual hill climbs.

Advertisement