Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oh dear

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 darsheblows

We were out for a few drinks the other night with a few other friends. Great evening. I wasn't drinking so drove them all home. Last to drop off was this guy.
    Sitting in the passenger seat. Reaches over and places his hand on my crotch. i didn't move it. Started rubbing me. I pulled over in a quiet car park and he went down on me.
    Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭AdFundum

I just can't imagine a gay guy in the workplace behaving in the way you describe - "That filing cabinet really brings out your bumcheeks" - maybe I am naive but it just doesn't make sense. OP, are you sure you didn't start the flirtation? I know what guys look like when they fancy you - and usually, they just look you up and down and a bit - the courageous ones might stutter something. I can't help but think there is something disingenuous here.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lyinghere

We were out for a few drinks the other night with a few other friends. Great evening. I wasn't drinking so drove them all home. Last to drop off was this guy.
    Sitting in the passenger seat. Reaches over and places his hand on my crotch. i didn't move it. Started rubbing me. I pulled over in a quiet car park and he went down on me.
    Wow

Literally no remorse picked up in this comment. You are cheating. In my opinion you really need to think about what you have done and evaluate next steps. Not fair on your family and lack of consideration for consequences is shocking.

People on here might tell you it's fine and I'm being judgemental but you need to think about what your wife would think if she knew, you might think it's ok but she mostly likely would feel betrayed. It's her feelings that matter here and you took a vow to consider them.

By making the decision to let this happen you are effectively choosing to end this marriage in my opinion, or at least that how you should be thinking about it.

Of course I know it's wrong. I'm not an idiot.
    But feck it's good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm a bit concerned at this approach that cheating is always bad
    It's not nice ,for sure, if someone you're with or married to goes off with someone else,that's true
    But against that no relationship or marriage is a prison
    Facts are if someone else attracts you such that you no longer can be happy with your current partner, then it's better to go for it rather than be miserable
    Why be miserable?
    Where kids are involved, there's thousands of examples countrywide of split parents loving their kids as much as ever

In the op's case he's exploring a side of his life and has a decision to make
    Looking at it any other way or preaching higher moral ground should be left well out of it in my opinion save for comfort or support that the dumped partner may need
    I say best of luck to the Op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Marriage isnt in general a prison. It can be a prison for some. I really dont think anyone here suggested that it is in general a prison. Its generally accepted that people who take vows are signing upto the ideas of faithfullness and monogamy.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SliabhnamBan

If, up to now, you have been happy with your wife, then steer clear of this guy and re-commit yourself to your wife.

Why would you risk your happiness for someone you barely know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Marriage isnt in general a prison. It can be a prison for some. I really dont think anyone here suggested that it is in general a prison. Its generally accepted that people who take vows are signing upto the ideas of faithfullness and monogamy.
    True, but the reality is different, there are plenty thousands of happily divorced people in Ireland and rightly so All marriages or relationships are ideally a commitment but through this thread I'm sensing a condemnation of what is normal and a real politik of everyday life ie commitment s are made but circumstances sometimes intervene to mean a change

Because it's fun.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Because it's fun.

So did you speak to this guy at all about the whole situation, I assume he knows you are "straight" ! After your encounter did you speak ? Is it not awkward at work ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

Because it's fun.

I'm really doubting that any of this actually happened.

The original story was a little of the the top, and now the cliched story and the apparent complete lack of regret or guilt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

I'm starting to doubt it too. Perhaps it's just a thrill for the OP to type out a fantasy and have us all react to it. What started off in the OP as what seemed like a genuine "I don't know what to do - help me" plea has seemingly now turned into "I've done it, I'm glad and I'm gonna revel in it" type thing which just strikes me as odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Paddy C wrote: »
    I'm starting to doubt it too. Perhaps it's just a thrill for the OP to type out a fantasy and have us all react to it. What started off in the OP as what seemed like a genuine "I don't know what to do - help me" plea has seemingly now turned into "I've done it, I'm glad and I'm gonna revel in it" type thing which just strikes me as odd.

Bingo. Grown men don't need advice on if/why/why not to cheat. It's just inflating egos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

I'll admit the story as it has progressed strikes me as less than fully convincing. At the same time I can't recount the amount of times I've read things on the internet and indeed elsewhere, 100% true, that struck me as being far fetched. Isn't it possible that the OP posted this tale of conflicted emotions and thought, seeking out affirmation for the choice he had already made? By which I mean, he may have been confronted by the situation presented and already have decided to indulge and was seeking some sort of reassurance or moral approval? This would explain much of the issues others have articulated as casting doubt on the veracity of the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,690 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

I too am sceptical about the truth of the whole thing.

But, if it is true, I don't think the OP is looking for reassurance or moral approval. The whole tone of the thread from day 1 has made it clear that he is not going to get that; he would need to be extraordinarly stupid to cointinue looking for it here.

I think it's more he hopes to provoke an enjoyable (to him) reaction when he tells of rejecting the advice which he sought, but didn't take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

If you think the op is trolling then report the posts. Quit speculating on thread.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Aplotemerges

Just to update .. I gave in ..

What exactly did you give in to? Did he recripocate? Are you going to do it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭MarriedButBi

If he did it once he'll do it again, I'd say he's dying to reciprocate if he hasn't already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Aplotemerges

I'd say he's gagging to reciprocate and can't wait to have it happen again!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭MarriedButBi

I'd say he's gagging to reciprocate and can't wait to have it happen again!

Well he really enjoyed it the first time, didn't appear to have significant (if any) remorse or guilt...if I was him I would have ensured the opportunity presented itselg again, I'd be giving him a lift home every night, or at least let them know that I was available for lists :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement