Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby - Spoilers inside

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Marshtomp, Breloom, Kirlia, Pikachu and Swellow atm. Hoping to get the Shiny Beldum asap. Always have trouble using those features

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone know if this is in Tesco ? Have a €10 voucher from Lidl that can be used in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Anyone know if this is in Tesco ? Have a €10 voucher from Lidl that can be used in Tesco

It's certainly in the one in Arthur's Quay in Limerick, so I would think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jc4517

Are any of the Pokemon from the black/white and x/y gen in this game? I always thought that X and Y had far too many Pokemon in them, especially if you're trying to complete the pokedex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

jc4517 wrote: »
    Are any of the Pokemon from the black/white and x/y gen in this game? I always thought that X and Y had far too many Pokemon in them, especially if you're trying to complete the pokedex.
    I know you get a choice of one of the Black and White starters late in the game. And depending on the version you have, you get the legendaries from Black and White as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Tesco : You can buy an Argos token and some groceries. Usually as long as you don't just spend 50 on tokens they'll let you use the Lidl voucher. Argos have it for 42 or 43. Also, if you bring your Argos spend up to €50 you get another €5 off your next Argos shop. I don't know if it's a token or a voucher/credit. If the latter you might chance your arm - ask someone leaving if you can borrow theirs for 5 minutes, spend €55 and give them the voucher you get back... :)
    Alternatively, Some - but not all - Tescos sell Nintendo eShop vouchers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Finished the main story, onto the Delta Episode stuff now. Probably would have been done quicker but I got distracted by all the free-roaming flying :pac: Team I used against the Elite Four was Groudon, Sceptile, Terrakion, Metagross, Glalie, and Latios.

Now I wanna work on getting mega stones to give a few more of the new megas a lash. In particular I wanna see how Beedrill handles, the glassiest of glass cannons.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sharmander

My team so far is Marshtomp, Kirlia, Pikachu, Leafeon, Mightyena and that shiny event Beldum. Big change from my usual team, but it's a lot of fun. Just beaten the 3rd gym and got myself a bike.

Ramping up for the first gym. Team is not really taking shape - looking like a glass-cannon gang of Wingull (Flying vs rock? Fantastic!), Surskit (bug vs rock? Genius!), Lotad (Lotad vs anything else? supoib!) - all of whom have water attacks and whatever I can muster to fill it out. Why did I go with the Fire Starter???

Just got a Charmander for a Wurmple via Wonder Trade - I forgot how much fun WT can be :)

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Just got a Charmander for a Wurmple via Wonder Trade - I forgot how much fun WT can be :)

Nnnnnuuuuhhhhhhh don't send Wurmples out on Wonder Trade. It's just full to the gills of them and Zigzagoons since ORAS released :(

I did my bit on X/Y sending out a lot of 4/5 perfect IVs, other-gen-Starters and other leftovers from my breeding programs. I paid my dues, and now I'm going to milk the system. Oooh, a cascoon! I'll be someone on WT would be delighted to get this!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

:mad:

Banjo wrote: »
    I did my bit on X/Y sending out a lot of 4/5 perfect IVs, other-gen-Starters and other leftovers from my breeding programs. I paid my dues, and now I'm going to milk the system. Oooh, a cascoon! I'll be someone on WT would be delighted to get this!

You're still part of the cancer killing Wonder Trade :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

What is the deal with Victini on trading, keep getting a message of it being a special pokemon that can not be traded yet so many have them up to trade.

What is the deal with Victini on trading, keep getting a message of it being a special pokemon that can not be traded yet so many have them up to trade.
    Does it have a ribbon that prevents it from being traded? I know certain event pokemon have something like that.

Anyway, gotten to the Battle Resort now. Breeding a bunch of pokemon in my Y game to send forward to I can farm BP to get some of those sweet, sweet tutor moves.

Also, really liked
    meeting Looker again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Well tgats dex completed bar diance shaymin genesect and meloetta

Can you trade from X/Y to ORAS?
    If so I think I can help you with up to 3 of those if my mobile internet holds and you're free around 12:30pm
    If not... well I need there to be a big enough gap between events in Marvel Puzzle Quest for me to play other games - it's such a demanding mistress...

Yup, you can trade from XY to ORAS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Lthe day care centres are in horrible locTions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Anyone know where this is going cheapest in Dublin?

Smyths are offering it for €5 against trading in two games but the list of accepted games wasn't anywhere in store (I asked) and can't find it online! Anyone know anything about it?

• Advertisement

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Anyone know where this is going cheapest in Dublin?

Smyths are offering it for €5 against trading in two games but the list of accepted games wasn't anywhere in store (I asked) and can't find it online! Anyone know anything about it?
    Think Argos is cheapest at 43 euro. gonna pick it up myself next week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Holy crap, I just got an Eon Ticket! :D

F*ck those people who lay out their base specifically so you can't reach their flag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Finally made it to unlocking soaring. Well this is pretty incredible. So incredible you know they'll cut it out for the next game :(

I'll be ok if it gets cut once they have two things:
    1. Letting us fly to routes rather than just cities/towns.
    2. I want my Pokémon to follow me again!

Did someone say...FLEG?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Don't get the whole base thing. Don't remember doing it years ago on the originals.

Don't get the whole base thing. Don't remember doing it years ago on the originals.
    It was there, but I don't think you could really visit other peoples bases.

IIRC you could do so in Emerald at the very least, based on who you've traded and/or battled with, back in the days before online gaming.

Ah right. I didn't really have anyone to trade with (anyone who had the game never had a link cable).

• Advertisement

Well that's strange, FireRed and LeafGreen came with a free wireless adapter which was compatible with Emerald too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

RS didn't come with the adapter, FRLG and Emerald all did. I did do a base back in the day, but link cables were such an enormous pain to use, and find other people playing, I didn't bother in emerald.

Catching Regigigas may be one of the most inane things I've come across in a game.
    You need to have the Regi trio in your party, which is fair enough. Then it needs to be day time, even though you're battling it in a cave. Regice then needs to be holding a frozen item (Nevermeltice, Casteliacone, something like that), and also be nicknamed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Holy crap, I just got an Eon Ticket! :D

How?

GodlessM wrote: »
    How?

You get it via Streetpass. About a month ago there was an event in London where some players were given an Eon Ticket each, and it spread from there.

How are you able to post on the internet? Get up you fool! If you get an Eon ticket, you have a moral obligation to walk the earth until everyone else has one too!

You get it via Streetpass. About a month ago there was an event in London where some players were given an Eon Ticket each, and it spread from there.

So in other words, turn on Street Pass, and hope?

That's the gist of it, yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The amount of legendaries just sitting around in this really shows how over the top they have become. Most of them serve no purpose and just sorta exist for no reason. I'm hoping for no new legendaries in whatever the next game is and instead they give a reason to exist to some of the others. The Kyogre/Groudon story is good, Lati@s at least has som sort of story and the Regi's have their own thing but other than that, they just sorta pop up for no reason.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The amount of legendaries just sitting around in this really shows how over the top they have become. Most of them serve no purpose and just sorta exist for no reason. I'm hoping for no new legendaries in whatever the next game is and instead they give a reason to exist to some of the others. The Kyogre/Groudon story is good, Lati@s at least has som sort of story and the Regi's have their own thing but other than that, they just sorta pop up for no reason.

It was no different in the originals. RBY had 4, GSC had 5, then all of a sudden RSE had like 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

GodlessM wrote: »
    It was no different in the originals. RBY had 4, GSC had 5, then all of a sudden RSE had like 10.

There are now 52 legendary Pokémon, assuming the unreleased are normal Pokémon otherwise it's higher again. That means a living Pokédex would average out at two legendary per box. Out of those 52, maybe 10 are worthwhile. The rest are just there to inflate numbers.

I didn't want to single out RSE as I'm already critical enough of those games but it was the point where they lost the run of themselves. DPPlt and BW just made it worse. They should never have added more than 5 per region. XY was a vast improvement so hopefully that is a sign of things to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jc4517

Got an eon ticket! Walking around Grafton street area with your 3ds on gets you a metric **** ton of streetpass hits

Woohoo! Eon Ticket!
    I have a sneaking suspicion I got it from just turning on WiFi, as I noticed the notifier while sitting on the couch at 11pm, but it may have been there from earlier in the day. Either way, W00t! (is w00t still a thing?)

In the spirit of giving, I'm sending out a bunch of 4 and 5 IV pokémon on wonder trade today, like Zorua, Froakie, and Gligar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Started AS earlier. Not too far into it though as my Treecko is only level 7.

• Advertisement

Started OR yesterday. Now have a level 40 Sceptile and heading for the 7th gym. I feel like I did at Christmas 98 when I got a GameBoy Colour and Blue version, devoting most of the 2 days to the game. Sad as it may seem, I love it!

Ah now, I wouldn't say it's sad :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Anyone buy a guide yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Just did a Nuzlocke run through of alpha sapphire... not too difficult really, but defo harder than X/Y. Here are the rules I used:

1. Use a Number Randomiser to randomly select the 6 pokemon I would use in the game - (Grimer[Muk], Rhyperior, Huntail, Zangoose, Golbat[Crobat], Golem)

2. Battle mode set to SHIFT

3. Using the same amount of Pokémon as the gym leaders.

4. No using heal items in battle

5. No pokemon held items

6. Level limited as follows:
    Gym 1: 12
    Gym 2: 15
    Gym 3: 19
    Gym 4: 26
    Gym 5: 28
    Gym 6: 33
    Gym 7: 44
    Gym 8: 46
    Elite 4: 55

7. No using Pokémarts

8. No catching Pokémon not pre-determined

Time: 37:44

Fair play to you, that's a lot more rules than I'd usually follow going into a 'locke run!

• Advertisement
Advertisement