Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G - [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

This thread is just the same questions over and over again.

Can a mod edit the op and put in an FAQ or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,467 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Lads anyone tried to buy directly from Motorola UK using parcel motel?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

deiseach wrote: »
    Goddamit, every time my phone bleeps I'm thinking "a-HA, here it is!"

I was checking for updates this morning, it took longer than usual and I got really excited!

But nope :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,467 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

If I bought a sim free moto g 4g from France or Germany I take it the language would be selectable on first start up?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

If I bought a sim free moto g 4g from France or Germany I take it the language would be selectable on first start up?

Of course!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Lads I hope when lollipop comes out it sorts the signal strength colour,or am I missing something????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Redriddick wrote: »
    Lads I hope when lollipop comes out it sorts the signal strength colour,or am I missing something????

I've never noticed it change colour on my Moto G.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

nc6000 wrote: »
    I've never noticed it change colour on my Moto G.

Same, always regular stock KitKat here.

I have come form an acer dual sim to the new moto g 2014 and on the acer the signal strength bars were the same colour as set in the sim settings.

any easy way to unlock the bootloader lads?
    Looking to put a decent rom on the 4g version.

Any opinions welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Anyone having an issue with the hailo app ?

I downloaded the app and when it runs it kills the wifi for some reason, can only get "G" or "E" over data too.

Uninstalled the app and all fine again, must be a bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

have a moto g 5" for last month and was on it today and it just shut down. i turned it on again but it wont boot past motorola/android screen. i have tried everything includin factory reset off boot menu but stil nothing. it will load the white screen and then turn off and sometimes it will keep this cycle up turning on and off. any ideas?

did you flash a custom kernel to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Motorola wants help fixing their multitasking:

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/6168839e0e?commentId=826298#826298

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Camera and Gallery got updated with Material Design. Not much difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Occono wrote: »
    Motorola wants help fixing their multitasking:

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/6168839e0e?commentId=826298#826298

I noticed this issue particularly with viber quietly being thrown out of ram resulting in me missing calls and messages. Very very annoying...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kjgf123

Hey guys I was just wondering if the 5" from argos dual sim. Thanks

sure is.posting on one now!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kjgf123

Redriddick wrote: »
    sure is.posting on one now!!!!

Thanks Redriddick, looks as if i'll be getting on tomorrow so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

Just bough my moto g. Liking it so far but not liking the lack of a stock clock/weather widget and the calender widget isn't making me happy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Just bough my moto g. Liking it so far but not liking the lack of a stock clock/weather widget and the calender widget isn't making me happy either.

That's a bit like buying a new telly and complaining about the shows... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

Any suggestions of a clock and weather widget that would be similar to the one on sense 5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Hey all,

just got a Moto G2 (Dual sim) for the very purpose of having active dual sim capability and within a few hours I wrecked the Sim 2 slot by using an adaptor (ignoring all warnings!) :(

Now, I know it is wrecked as in I saw tiny bits of metal come out when I finally prised the adaptor and nanosim out of sim2 slot (nano sim also wrecked) plus I tried a microsim after and the sim2 reader is not recognised by the phone.

Is there any place that can replace the sim reader in Dublin or is it simply impossible to do this with this model?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Hey all,

just got a Moto G2 (Dual sim) for the very purpose of having active dual sim capability and within a few hours I wrecked the Sim 2 slot by using an adaptor (ignoring all warnings!) :(

Now, I know it is wrecked as in I saw tiny bits of metal come out when I finally prised the adaptor and nanosim out of sim2 slot (nano sim also wrecked) plus I tried a microsim after and the sim2 reader is not recognised by the phone.

Is there any place that can replace the sim reader in Dublin or is it simply impossible to do this with this model?

Thanks

Where did you buy it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

mondeo wrote: »
    Where did you buy it?

Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Lads, the gf's moto g (gen1) is acting up. The vibrate feature doesn't work most of the time and as she has it on silent 95% of the time, she misses a lot of calls.

Is there any easy fix for this? Has anyone had similar issues??

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TempAc

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Lads, the gf's moto g (gen1) is acting up. The vibrate feature doesn't work most of the time and as she has it on silent 95% of the time, she misses a lot of calls.

Is there any easy fix for this? Has anyone had similar issues??
    I've found motorola support to be pretty awesome. They do online chat etc. Only released October 2013 so should be still under warranty

• Advertisement

Dropped mine on gravel yesterday resulting in two large dents in the bezel. I don't think these would survive many drops.

Has anyone a suggestion for a case that doesn't add much bulk? Looking at this Ringke job for £5.99 right now - http://amzn.to/1r0Ge8n

Advertisement