Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

poster/mod discussions in real life

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Well there goes my Friday night plans

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You're not a real dub. If you lived in the city you would be but you're in the northern area.
    Like that? :pac:
    Even more childish & petty than that. :)

Born & reared on Oxmantown Road though. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Bad Horse wrote: »
    Not me though. I don't say that.

That's why you would be classed as a neighsayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

gandalf wrote: »
    When I modded politics I knew I wasn't doing my job right if I didn't get a least one PM a week calling me a Nazi :D

pfft, I used to get about three a week calling me a fascist when I was modding Humanities :) Although not sure we even had PMs in those days of yore, might just have been called a fascist on-thread regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

pfft, I used to get about three a week calling me a fascist when I was modding Humanities :) Although not sure we even had PMs in those days of yore, might just have been called a fascist on-thread regularly.

That's cause you were a fascist :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

gandalf wrote: »
    When I modded politics I knew I wasn't doing my job right if I didn't get a least one PM a week calling me a Nazi :D

My leanings go from pinko commie, SF/IRA sympathiser, west Brit, libertarian and right wing nut job, oh yeah, think I was anti Gardai and also a member at some stage!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,451 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

K-9 wrote: »
    think I was anti Gardai and also a member at some stage!
    You sound like a Fifth Columist to me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

My leanings go from pinko commie, SF/IRA sympathiser, west Brit, libertarian and right wing nut job, oh yeah, think I was anti Gardai and also a member at some stage!

One particular nutjob insisted that he knew that I was an 'undercover judge with a mod job'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

One particular nutjob insisted that he knew that I was an 'undercover judge with a mod job'.
    So you can get some speeding tickets and points removed for me, yes? I always knew there were mod benefits I did not use :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Nody wrote: »
    So you can get some speeding tickets and points removed for me, yes? I always knew there were mod benefits I did not use :D

Oh yeah, send them on with my usual. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,256 ✭✭✭✭Penn

One day when I modded Conspiracy Theories I was accused by one poster of protecting conspiracy theorists and by another poster of not doing enough to protect conspiracy theorists.

#unbiased

Classic Illuminati double-bluff. Well done, sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

If I remember correctly once or twice people have buzzed at the door at our previous office where we shared with Daft & The Journal looking to come in to 'discuss' their ban or what someone was saying about them on the site. They were never allowed inside the front door though. Now that we are no longer in that building the staff there can tell them we are no longer there and we haven't publicised our new address yet so we're safe enough. For now!
    Hopefully it wasn't distressing or anything, but that is the funniest thing I've read today.

Name and shame. Please!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Some of them PM's are quality. I'll have to remember them for next time I get infracted or banned. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Some of them PM's are quality. I'll have to remember them for next time I get infracted or banned. :pac:

Tell me when you are publishing the complete set.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,766 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Anyone who wants to discuss a ban with ME in person? Well....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

People have mentioned I banned therm before at beers, yes, yes I did. Most people are grand, I think they expect to meeting a hot lil lesbian so it doesn't go their way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

People have mentioned I banned therm before at beers, yes, yes I did. Most people are grand, I think they expect to meeting a hot lil lesbian so it doesn't go their way. :)

I've met you and wasn't disappointed. you are hot and you do like women :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

aw thanks :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I met a guy at a beers who I had recently banned. We had right craic over a few pints, very nice guy.

At another beers, The Master took great delight in introducing me to a poster which had many issues with me. She turned out to be great too, after a 20 minute bollocking :p

So, if anyone wants to meet me for pints and they are paying, I'm there :D
    They pay their own way to my town, and I will happily buy them a drink.
    Overheal wrote: »
    Anyone who wants to discuss a ban with ME in person? Well....

I can stop off and see on my way to DragonCon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

In the Prison forum , have Moderators ever gotten a post to a thread from a stranger to the 'prisoner' ? Positive / Negative / Neutral post?

I'm not sure that I understand your question. But for clarity - moderators are not permitted to post in Prison - only Admins & sitebanned posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,418 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I'm not sure that I understand your question. But for clarity - moderators are not permitted to post in Prison - only Admins & sitebanned posters.

I think he means has a normal poster just jumped in and started posting.

Thanks.

Normal posters can't post in Prison & all posts there are pre-moderated, so even if someone slipped through the cracks their post would not be approved & displayed.

Thanks.

Normal posters can't post in Prison & all posts there are pre-moderated, so even if someone slipped through the cracks their post would not be approved & displayed.

Wasn't pighead given access to prison before? :D

Or was that DR?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,089 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wasn't pighead given access to prison before? :D

Or was that DR?

He was, and that was since removed.

Spear wrote: »
    He was, and that was since removed.

Oh i know it was a once off long ago but didn't know he was given special access, I thought prison was the same as feedback where people could also post but where too afraid to in case the upper echelons swung the banhammer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

He was modded, aka Pigheaded.

A number of users have asked that they be allowed to post in Prison so that they can help with the Prison process, ie: to tell them that they were banned for spam or shilling etc. But this isn't even feasible for Mods tbh, as there are a large number of reasons behind sitebans, and some that regular Mods wouldn't be privvy to, so it would just confuse matters if Mods and especially users had access.

Plus it would be chaos..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,256 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Gordon wrote: »
    Plus it would be chaos.. SuperHilariousness

RYP (Ruined Your Post)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Gordon wrote: »
    He was modded, aka Pigheaded.

A number of users have asked that they be allowed to post in Prison so that they can help with the Prison process, ie: to tell them that they were banned for spam or shilling etc. But this isn't even feasible for Mods tbh, as there are a large number of reasons behind sitebans, and some that regular Mods wouldn't be privvy to, so it would just confuse matters if Mods and especially users had access.

Plus it would be chaos..

I suppose it would quickly descend into a he - said - she - said principal's office scenario.

Advertisement