Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

rovert wrote: »
    Strong recommendation on this:

Watched this on Saturday night, love for anything Charlie does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Brother just rang me there asking for €1850 to get a new engine for a van he brought. That doesn't include fitting it.
    I should just open a joint a account for him to stop asking for money.

I have to buy Christmas presents yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Speaking of Ebay, bought an Xmas present for my brother off it. A replica samurai helmet coming in from Japan.

Was due last week but no sign of it :( Have sent them an email and nothing back, so reckon I'm going to have to get onto ebay and get them on the case too.

Worry it's just been held up in customs; anyone know if there's any way to check with customs to see if they have a package for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

cena wrote: »
    Brother just rang me there asking for €1850 to get a new engine for a van he brought. That doesn't include fitting it.
    I should just open a joint a account for him to stop asking for money.

I have to buy Christmas presents yet.

Will he pay it back?

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Will he pay it back?

I would hope so. The other brother owes my 5k. Helped pay part of his masters. Ive told I want it back

I would hope so. The other brother owes my 5k. Helped pay part of his masters. Ive told I want it back

Bloody hell you are a generous so and so!

I'd want it back some day as well, serious money that.

Bloody hell you are a generous so and so!

I'd want it back some day as well, serious money that.

Ya its a serious amount of money. More so in this day and age. I can't see me getting the 5k back. Maybe some day.
    Between the two they most owe myself and mother near 30k

Need a loan lads. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Ya its a serious amount of money. More so in this day and age. I can't see me getting the 5k back. Maybe some day.

Jaysus my brothers owe me like €350 & it pisses me right off. Don`t even count what my parents owe me at this stage.
    Skint too & I still ain`t finished the stupid fucking shopping

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Jaysus, it might be time to tell them to go and earn money instead of asking you and your mother for cash

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Jaysus, it might be time to tell them to go and earn money instead of asking you and your mother for cash

Both are in full time work. The oldest had a family to keep.

they seem to only ask me now. Its like I have bank wrote across my chest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

R.I.P Nelson Mandela:(

Feel awful the way I found out searching Robben on twitter....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

sh!t... okay the guy is not young but this is one of those times when finding out about a famous persons death due to a R.I.P post truely has an impact. A legend is lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,568 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP

I think there is two films out about his life

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The inventor of the Full Nelson

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RIP

I think there is two films out about his life

Idris Elba is starring in a film as Nelson in a new film, seen the poster in the Odeon on sat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You have my permission for the quarterly thread title change. Proceed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

D.Q wrote: »
    https://m.facebook.com/justiceforisabelle

Alright lads, hope this is OK, just trying to spread awareness about what happened to my mates dog over the weekend. Basically their dog was ripped apart by hounds on an unadvertised hunt.

This is awful, disgusting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

RIP Nelson Mandela

The world is a better place because of him he should never be forgotten

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Nelson Mandela. Never reoffended. Proof the system works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Deadlie wrote: »
    Nelson Mandela. Never reoffended. Proof the system works.

Bet you thought you would get a load of thanks for that post. Idiocy like that works in other forums, not here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

gimmick wrote: »
    Bet you thought you would get a load of thanks for that post. Idiocy like that works in other forums, not here :rolleyes:

Jesus, relax. It's an old joke that did the rounds for years. Ricky Gervais used it when performing to the Queen, one African British comedian dined out on it all the time. It's not exactly offensive either.

I keep worrying Big Show will get drawn in the World Cup draw

*How I feel watching Man United*

Dr.-Who.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

*How I feel watching Man United*

bgi-bang-theory-celebration-o.gif

• Advertisement

Have many of ye took up the offer of setanta sports for a euro for this month only.

Plenty of ice hockey on it. I don't care for the soccer/football

They need things in a&e to entertain im so bored, I broke my leg earlier today playing a match and the boredom is terrible!

Jaysus, I can't imagine if I broke my leg, I'd be able to post online about being bored. Think I'd be too busy screaming in pain :D Hope it's not too bad.

They need things in a&e to entertain im so bored, I broke my leg earlier today playing a match and the boredom is terrible!

It is a boring place to be when waiting

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I remember getting stuck in A&E when I broke my wrist, and all there was to do was watch Man Utd beat the Airtricity 11 7-1 or something.

• Advertisement

So iv spoilered if squeemish
    its a broken fibula a diagonal break from front up to the back
    its sore enough but my rugby career mite not keep goin.but the boredom is so annoyin,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

its sore enough but my rugby career mite not keep goin.but the boredom is so annoyin,

Sorry to hear. Had a similar situation with my knees to the point where any contact sport these days guarantees an injury so I only do gym work and jogging.

Well they have operate on the leg

Well they have operate on the leg

Yup im fasting as of 12 hopin to get in and done nd home tomorrow its to warm to sleep

Yup im fasting as of 12 hopin to get in and done nd home tomorrow its to warm to sleep

I suppose it well have to be screwed back. The hospital is the best place to have a good sleep before your op. It's nice and peaceful.

Are you the hospital in galway.

I prefer to go there than balinasloe.

I suppose it well have to be screwed back. The hospital is the best place to have a good sleep before your op. It's nice and peaceful.

Are you the hospital in galway.

I prefer to go there than balinasloe.

Im in uchg alright, the problem is I rarely if ever sleep on my back so I find it hard to relax. Plus the heat im meltin give mé a cold room abd a blanket any day

Im in uchg alright, the problem is I rarely if ever sleep on my back so I find it hard to relax. Plus the heat im meltin give mé a cold room abd a blanket any day

I had a hot nurse the night I had to stay. What time are they hoping to bring up in? I guess the heat is to make people sleep

I had a hot nurse the night I had to stay. What time are they hoping to bring up in? I guess the heat is to make people sleep

The doc I have is gorgeous and everyone here us awesome I couldnt fault them. Im in the emergency list so whenever theres a slot free

All bad spelling is auto correct not me out of it on pain killers

The doc I have is gorgeous and everyone here us awesome I couldnt fault them. Im in the emergency list so whenever theres a slot free

All bad spelling is auto correct not me out of it on pain killers

Hopefully you won't be long waiting. Hope you have someone there with you before and after the op.

Hopefully you won't be long waiting. Hope you have someone there with you before and after the op.

Iv told family not to come in till u know whats goin on so id say they wont be in till after my friends might make it in before

• Advertisement

Iv told family not to come in till u know whats goin on so id say they wont be in till after my friends might make it in before

Better off. You have some good friends there coming into

Better off. You have some good friends there coming into

Well between Christmas parties and birthdays theyl look like they should be here with me lol

Good luck and a speedy recovery

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Op over with plate in my leg now, hopefully il be home tomorrow thanks for well wishes.

Frontline staff in hospitals deserve medals everyone has been great in here im being well minded

So Christmas officially started today ye all out shopping :P thank god for online shopping

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Glad to hear it went well. Speedy recovery. There really good in galway. Top notch. One more good nights sleep for you. They feed patients very well in there

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Christmas officially started today ye all out shopping :P thank god for online shopping

I went to buy season 16 of the simpsons today. 50euro they wanted. I think not, just walked out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Speedy recovery Conemara Man

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement