Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Patww79 wrote: »
    There will be no way of differentiating that as all it will see is audio files in a folder. Make a new folder with the music you want and only sync that.

How do you do this? I tried & when I play music it still pulls in any music files on the device. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

jgbyr wrote: »
    How do you do this? I tried & when I play music it still pulls in any music files on the device. Thanks
    My exact problem, its even going into game folders and pulling out random audio files from the game if it uses an mp3 or wav and posting them as albums, very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I've no idea. I didn't say it had?

So when you said "saved for offline listening", what were you referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Thargor wrote: »
    My exact problem, its even going into game folders and pulling out random audio files from the game if it uses an mp3 or wav and posting them as albums, very annoying.

Can't you put a file in the directories to stop it indexing .Noindex file.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That seems to be an Apple feature? Anyway I have about 100 folders, the designers must have forseen this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

irishgeo wrote: »
    Can't you put a file in the directories to stop it indexing .Noindex file.

I tried this & my ringtones etc no longer worked. I'm now using Rocket Player & find it very good. It allows you to set the music folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

RainyDay wrote: »
    So when you said "saved for offline listening", what were you referring to?

That I could save tracks, albums, playlists etc for offline listening...

I don't believe I ever mentioned anything about saving my entire music collection?!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Patww79 wrote:

There is a program on Windows called Play Music Manager that allows you to choose which folder/s you want it to search in. It's a pain to find it sometimes but AFAIK I still have the installer saved on my hard drive so if anyone needs it I'll put it on Google Drive and share it.

I personally love using Play Music, I have a lot of my music saved on my computer and now it's all stored in the cloud for me too, if anything were to ever happen to my computer I could use Play Music to restore all my music back to it so it doubles as a music backup of sorts.. When you know your going to be traveling it's easy to download albums or playlists to your phone for offline playback and once you no longer need them you just press a button to remove them from memory.

It's not as easy to just pick up and use as Spotify but with a bit of time setting it up you'll be able to have all of your music with you and still stream anything else in a similar way to Spotify if you pay the monthly fee.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

sentient_6 wrote: »
    For me must have Android app for music is DoubleTwist.

thanks for mentioning this, just tried it and loving it. all music and podcasts in one place. probably going to buy the pro version for the airplay support

• Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭patmac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Patww79 wrote: »
    Thanks - any idea if you add your entire library to a playlist and then save it for playing offline?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Keep with it, it gets better each day, after a few weeks you won't even have to press letters!

Yep. these days I just look at my phone and it types the message for me :) Wish it would support Esperanto though. Have to switch keyboards when Im typing in it or it messes up my predictions by adding words to the dictionary...

As for recommendations I really like Textra for messaging. Fits the android look really well, clean but customisable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Can anyone recommend a free Android app to use as a Windows mouse/keyboard?

I have an i3 NUC running Windows 10 as a HTPC with a Mele F10 Pro air mouse and geniuses which all work great, but yt? Would be handy to have a backup controller that will work when the F10 is charging etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I've had a look, but they mostly seem to be paid apps I've found and half the comments are from people looking for a refund, which doesn't instill much confidence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Unified remote is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

vibe666 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a free Android app to use as a Windows mouse/keyboard?

I have an i3 NUC running Windows 10 as a HTPC...!

I bookmarked this with a view on getting a NUC at some point.. Intel themselves have an app, vibe666.

Intelremote.gif

Intel® Remote Keyboard Intel Corporation

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.intel.remotekeyboard&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭54and56

Amalgam wrote: »
    I bookmarked this with a view on getting a NUC at some point.. Intel themselves have an app, vibe666.

Intelremote.gif

Intel® Remote Keyboard Intel Corporation

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.intel.remotekeyboard&hl=en

I have a Dell Win 10 mini PC as my HTPC, don't suppose this app would work with that? I use a Logitech K400 keyboard to control it which I and the kids etc find very good but it would be nice to have something on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

BigCon wrote: »
    Unified remote is excellent

I also use Unified Remote and would be lost without it.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I have a Dell Win 10 mini PC as my HTPC, don't suppose this app would work with that? I use a Logitech K400 keyboard to control it which I and the kids etc find very good but it would be nice to have something on my phone.

You don't use kodi as a front end by any chance? If so yatse is brilliant...

What are the best modules for xPosed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

What are the best modules for xPosed?

Was going to start a thread in this a while back but then I thought we may not be able to discuss some of the better modules as they help you no pay for things etc.

Ones I use are

CustomText- to remove the carrier name from the status bar of my phone.
    Disable fullscreen keyboard - stops keyboard going full screen in landscape mode.
    Enhanced toast - hide toast messages in any app you want.
    Gravitybox [LP] - lots of things you can edit with this.
    Xnotifications - choose to hide any notifications such as the persistent headset connected icon you get on some phones.

Two different YouTube ones ;)

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Was going to start a thread in this a while back but then I thought we may not be able to discuss some of the better modules as they help you no pay for things etc.

You'll most definitely have to PM me those ones *cough*

But the likes of Amplify, Greenify, Boot Manager. Is there any other useful ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

You'll most definitely have to PM me those ones *cough*

But the likes of Amplify, Greenify, Boot Manager. Is there any other useful ones?

All above, I edited my post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

MinMin guard is another, block in app ads. Also YouTube adblock.

Be careful of the modules, some if them haven't been updated for some time and could leave you needing a Rom flash to fix.

YouTube adblocker breaks the skip ad button when you're streaming to Chromecast, I've noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,352 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I assume xposed needs root to work, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

dulpit wrote: »
    I assume xposed needs root to work, right?

Correct.

(Well, theoretically, I suppose you could install the Xposed framework on an unrooted device with an unlocked bootloader via a custom recovery. But without root it wouldn't be able to do anything with modules.
    The unlocking of bootloader is still the part that most manufacturers object to when it comes to warranty.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,352 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

duridian wrote: »
    Correct.

Bah.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement