Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adhesive question

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Ah thanks lads. Sadly I can't do it on concrete as was suggested. The house isn't mine, we're just renting. And while I do actually think my landlord would be into it and appreciate it(and the endless other fix ups I've done here) he might not and new tenants might not either. That's why I was going to lino. 5 minutes work and its up if he hates it.
    I've asked him twice for new Lino and bargain town have three times failed to show up to measure it for a quote, that's why I wanted to do somethig different myself.

Might just stick to what I know and stick loads of recycled pallet slats down. I at least know what I'm doing with that.

This one crashed and burned. I'll do a few small trial runs in the back maybe, and go at it again. Later in the summer though.
    Cheers one and all for the feedback :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

If it were me and there was a design in it.

I'd prob draw the design on the on the floor the draw a box around the design. I'd try and make the outer box square in the room so when you get out to the side the coins should be even ( theoretically anyway ).

You would even so the box first then draw your design in it then might be a bit easyer. And you can dry fit all your coins in the box to see exactly how its gonna work out before you fix anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

There's also the option of gluing the coins to mesh (like mosaic tiles come on) and laying the mesh on the lino with adhesive, then sealing. Given it's a rental house it would probably be worth considering how easy/difficult it would be to keep whatever sealant you were to use on the lino and off the surrounding cabinets and kickbacks.
    I think it's a fantastic idea for a project, and always good to have a trial run

Advertisement