Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA V Next Gen - No Spoilers!!

• 10-06-2014 4:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

..and it looks amazing

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/10/e3-2014-gta-v-coming-to-ps4

MOD NOTE: Changing thread title from 'GTAV comes to next gen consoles..(and PC)' to 'GTA V Next Gen - No Spoilers!!' as this looks to be the main discussion thread for Next Gen and I want to make sure new players don't get things spoiled for them. If you are discussing something to do with the story, highlight any information that might be considered as Spoilers and hit the spoiler button. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,210 ✭✭✭✭Penn

F*cking knew it.

A graphically updated game is awesome, and I'll definitely buy it. That said, I hope they introduce a few new things into it too. Obviously all the updates will be included, but I hope they introduce something new for single-player too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Here's hoping for bigger multiplayer! 64 per map would be great crack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Hopefully it comes with an add on pack a la BOGT/Lost and the Damned. Otherwise.. meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

F*cking Hell, I did not expect this news this morning! All online stats and I think single player progression will move over to the upgrade. With so many big titles pushed to next year, I think I will be upgrading. Surely there will be a new Single player DLC to release with.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mark.Smith90

This will definitely help me make the push to next-gen if they keep bring over great titles like this. At the moment the current selection on Xbox One & PS4 is so limited with so many pushbacks for release dates for new games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I pissed myself worse than Jim Lahey after reading this news :pac:

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I pissed myself worse than Jim Lahey after reading this news :pac:

Just to put it into context for non TPB fans :pac:

randy_lahey_in_jail.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,064 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I cant access the link here at work but I wonder will they do a swap for PS3 game for PS4 game like gamestop did with ACIV and others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I cant access the link here at work but I wonder will they do a swap for PS3 game for PS4 game like gamestop did with ACIV and others

Haven't been able to find this out either.

Was hoping they'd have a similar scheme in place like The Last Of Us has, where you get the download at reduced cost, but need to have the ps3 disc in the drive for verification of ownership.

It really does need an upgrade system in place. I just hope they release Heists before the next gen release!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

I wonder how this will affect online crews. As awesome as this looks, imo the best craic is still playing online with crew members. If you get the PS4 GTA, I presume when you go online you only meet other PS4 users (assuming there are bigger lobbies etc.). I think I'd rather stick with the PS3 until the majority of PS3 crew members decide to make the switch, rather than being the guy with the cool game and no one to play it with...

So the plan is to sell my PS3 Copy immediately so I can't play GTA again until I buy on X1.

It's a pity there has been no Single Player DLC announced.

Did they give a release date?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    So the plan is to sell my PS3 Copy immediately so I can't play GTA again until I buy on X1.

It's a pity there has been no Single Player DLC announced.

Did they give a release date?

No date, just Fall 2014. Likely September/October.

Might trade in my GTAV now too. Played through the story again a few weeks ago, but will still get again on PS4 so may as well trade in now, get best value for it.

I hate when this happens. I thought GTAV was one of the best looking games I've seen on PS3. Then they release what GTAV on PS4 looks like

c4b7zoU.jpg

Now I can only think of how sh*t GTAV on PS3 looks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

apart from awsome graphics change hammer head sharks and an incar driving perspective seem to be the main chages

Ah feck sake Penn, I saw the new vid and thought ah looks the same, not much difference. That screenshot makes GTA V on the PS3 look like GTA 3!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

This and the new uncharted game, i hope to get the ps4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

In car driving perspective.... Yes please.

In car driving perspective.... Yes please.

Yupp! I'm not a fan of in car view in sandbox games but works really well in watchdogs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 gillholmes

cant wait untill this is released it looks sweet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

apart from awsome graphics change hammer head sharks and an incar driving perspective seem to be the main chages

Weirdly, one of the things I missed most from IV was the passenger perspective in taxis. Hope that returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

This is the one thing i missed about moving to ps4, best news ever!

Sony say gta started on playstation and have a special relationship with r*. Ps4 will have some exclusivity that will make it the most tempting version to buy.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/467952/gta-5-will-have-unspecified-ps4-exclusive/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Can't bloody wait! I wouldn't be surprised to see R* announce that they'll be releasing some DLC parallel to this and that it'll be available on the PS4 in advance to that of the Xbox One, I would love to see that anyway...

I have the Special Edition for my PS3, would consider going a step above for the PS4! This is about the 8th game R* have released that I've bought (will be buying) multiple copies of, that's something wrong yet totally justified about that! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

Weirdly, one of the things I missed most from IV was the passenger perspective in taxis. Hope that returns.

is that not in gta5 too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Until we get to see some actual gameplay footage from the ps4 I'm undecided on whether a release of GTA would make me want to buy one. The new video is great and all but is it really going to be as good as the video is making it out to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭C.M_jc

Mc Love wrote: »
    Until we get to see some actual gameplay footage from the ps4 I'm undecided on whether a release of GTA would make me want to buy one. The new video is great and all but is it really going to be as good as the video is making it out to be?

Agreed. I've gotten far more enjoyment out of online than story and we haven't even seen anything from that yet. Also, I can't really see there being much extra than what there is for the PS3/XB. Surely it won't be the end of the road for updates for them.

It is kinda sad though that this will have the effect of splitting crews and friends.
    Think the boards crew will have to come to a unanimous decision! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sony say gta started on playstation and have a special relationship with r*. Ps4 will have some exclusivity that will make it the most tempting version to buy.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/467952/gta-5-will-have-unspecified-ps4-exclusive/

It started on PC first actually, MSDos way back in the day before they ported it for Windows.

So it looks like next gen versions will have an updated radio soundtrack as the model that does the pop station put up that she was in r* choosing to update her station. Great move as the soundtrack in V was shyte.

Wonder what other features will be in. In looking forward to going through the story mode again on next gen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

So it looks like next gen versions will have an updated radio soundtrack as the model that does the pop station put up that she was in r* choosing to update her station. Great move as the soundtrack in V was shyte.

Wonder what other features will be in. In looking forward to going through the story mode again on next gen.
    To be fair I'm just looking forward to see how R* utilise all the processing power that the next gen consoles/PC has to offer, given the fact that what they managed to achieve on the PS3/360 could be considered a miracle, it's frightening to imagine what it'll be like on up-to-date hardware.

The greater amount of vehicles and pedestrians I imagine will make driving and getting in a gunfight in public more interesting, the improved draw distance and the supposed improved weather effects will also be a huge plus, it's all just building in what was already awesome.

With regard to new features, I'm none-the-wiser, I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll add to the radio stations; I didn't necessarily thing the music was bad, but I thought, they went for more of "realistic" radio feel particularly on the modern music stations, which is grand but most people want to hear known classics and awesome driving music, so maybe they swing it in more of that direction this time. If they could put a metal show into Channel X like they done with LCHC and Max Cavalera on the DLC for GTA IV, that's be class.

Watch in 1080p.....Makes the PS3 version look SHYYYYYTE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

F*cking Hell, I did not expect this news this morning! All online stats and I think single player progression will move over to the upgrade. With so many big titles pushed to next year, I think I will be upgrading. Surely there will be a new Single player DLC to release with.

I read somewhere, could have been here and could have been you Sheehy, that the online character stats etc will be linked to the R* account as opposed to the player/console account. Do you know if this means that if I get it on PS4 my 360 stats etc will transfer over, along with all my money, cars and apartment?

Yupp R* confirmed our online stats and character on any old console will be moved across to any new console suo yeah 360 to ps4, you will pick up at the same place for your online character. I'm sure this will include your cars and money unless R* start checking if you got any of your assets by glitching.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Jackpot. Thanks man, that just made my day :pac:

Defo gonna get this for PS4 now, can't wait to shoot the sh1t out of boardsies errr, people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So fking annoyed at the delay for PC. Why does the undisputed king of games platforms get treated so badly by everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Shiminay wrote: »
    Why does the undisputed king of games platforms get treated so badly by everyone?

I think that may be a self-contradictory statement there ;)

Anybody know a good place to pre-order this in Ireland? Normally I'd just go with X1 digital download, but I want the $1m :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

So fking annoyed at the delay for PC. Why does the undisputed king of games platforms get treated so badly by everyone?

Rockstar tend not to be the best at making PC games, they probably need all the time they can get with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

FUCCCK YESSSS!!!

Thank God I was fearing it was going to be delayed :D:D:D:D:D:D

Yes! 30 people now for each server online, not too shabby. Preordering as son as i can!

Yes! 30 people now for each server online, not too shabby. Preordering as son as i can!

Where would you do this?

Tis up on Amazon!

Where would you do this?

Tis up on Amazon!

Ah probably local store that i can pick it up morning of release.

Ah probably local store that i can pick it up morning of release.

I see, looks like my choices for local are Smyths, Xtravision or HMV. Wouldn't go near GameStop :pac:

Do Tesco do ps4 / xbone games yet? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

January 27th? Boo-urns! That's literally the week I head into my final semester of college...

Dang it R*!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

bare in mind, pre orders get $1 million in GTA dollar to spend :)

ukoda wrote: »
    bare in mind, pre orders get $1 million in GTA dollar to spend :)

500k offline mode and 500k online mode!

They should really give it all to online, it's pretty easy to make money in story mode!

because the fanboys say things like this and then people don't like yee :p:)

500k offline mode and 500k online mode!

They should really give it all to online, it's pretty easy to make money in story mode!

I still think ill get it in store, amazon never deliver on launch day in my experience and i hate waiting

• Advertisement
Advertisement