Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manhattan [WGN - US]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

harsh last words to her
    franks back on hill but for how long

i was confused about whether that was a letter from dunleavy or about dunleavy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I thought he had died in service but the letter was signed by him (I think)

I thought he had died in service but the letter was signed by him (I think)
    letter from his family apparently

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Just caught up to 2.07, progressing nicely. Bit of a Mad Men moment there at the end of 2.06.

Needs more typewriter action and dragon tickling...
    Cyanide pill for Meeks -
    Chekhov's gun? Would fit given that the theatrical role too.

Happiness in the world of Manhattan is a rare thing. Poor
    Fritz.
    :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Serious pair of binoculars there at the start!

Very much a "moving on", offloading of guilt type episode. Frank playing the long game and getting his moment with the Colonel that he missed out on at the end of 2.06.

The chalk drawing was great.
    Charlie's father
    seems to be in fact a giant.

Again,
    poor Fritz.
    :( Now, do we
    trust Paul?
    I reckon so as he's not a chancer, unlike the other Brit.

Barium on my toast. Well, quite.

2.09 was all about the business of being caught, that applied to Frank, Charlie, Abby (tapes room was great), pretty much everyone.

Now
    Frank's back in his office
    someone other than the Army, i.e. Helen can call him on his BS.

Loved how plain-spoken the psychiatrist/interrogator/Bucher was, seemingly that guy gets around.... Liza had her moment too, brief though it was. Hello, Army censorship, once again.

Even with that speech, Oppenheimer
    decking Charlie
    really made me go 'woah!' :pac:

Strong episode, really set up the finale.

Terrific finale with 2.10 - glimpses of the chaos we saw in 2.01 came full circle. If you've been on board all season long, and know where the characters are at, it was electric.
    Gutted about Fritz. Loved that he was pulled more into the centre of this one, alas that often means goodbye for a character and the breadcrumbs dropped in previous episodes such as the wedding footage all loomed. Meeks owning up was a terribly crushing blow. In many ways it was an episode of goodbyes.

Happy for Helen.

Roll on Little Boy.

Oppenheimer still remains a bit of an enigma, imo. Frank continues to be Frank and all of that entails.

Welcome to Jupiter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,507 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Starts on AMC UK on Tuesday January 5th at 9pm

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I my opinion this is a blow to viewers who wants smart, thoughtful and well-made TV.

Sure the ratings were bad and WGN has only a limited budget for original programs.

With Salem being strong and Outsiders pulling in million of viewers they cut what they saw as the weakest performer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

oh for **** sakes :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,507 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Starting on Drama (Sky UK Play) Saturday if anyone missed or wants to rewatch

I suppose the success of Oppehemier brought it a resurrection

Advertisement