Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Education

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Yep I did. I loved it - others won't naturally. I love Jack Whitehall!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭brian_t

I just caught the last few minutes of it but I was pleased enough to give the first episode a full go.

It's repeated another 7 times starting with 00.30am tomorrow morning. (ie. later tonight)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

On the "Hangover Class" blackboard in the first episode: "follow me on Twitter @alfie_wickers". It's a real account, presumably Jack twattering in character:
    I'm the real Alfie. Don't trust people that pretend to be teachers. They are either Arnold Schwarzenegger or 'dodgy'. #badeducation

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

JUst watched the first 2 episodes. It's actually brilliant! Really funny

• Registered Users Posts: 43,784 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Think I read it got a second season somewhere too.

I'm a big Jack Whitehall fan, but I do find it a little hit or miss. And not a fan of Matthew Horne at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Basq wrote: »
    Think I read it got a second season somewhere too.

I'm a big Jack Whitehall fan, but I do find it a little hit or miss.

Yea found that myself, some parts of the episode I was laughing hard at and others I was thinking this is awful stuff. Hope it hits a stride but all in all not a bad series for a show he wrote himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I've been watching it and think it's great. Some of the characters are brilliant but a couple of the jokes are a bit crap. Will definitely keep watching anyway.

Tonight's one was definitely the weakest so far..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

watchable but not really that funny (I don't find whitehall funny in general though)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I've been enjoying this. I'm not a fan of Whitehall as himself, as in as a stand up, but he's good in Fresh Meat, and I've enjoyed him in this too.

He plays a bit of a tosser in Fresh Meat, but does it well, he's quite likeable in Bad Education though.

I don't think Matthew Horne is supposed to be funny in this, is he? He's supposed to be the guy that thinks he's funny but just makes everyone feel awkward and uncomfortable, which he seems to be doing.

I agree some bits are hilarious while other jokes fall a bit flat, but I'd say he might smooth the rough edges if there's a 2nd series. Some of the kids are quite funny too, but he doesn't overuse them like some shows would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I've seen it very funny, watched the first episode but haven't seen the rest of it. Is it any good? Quiet like him as an actor find him quiet funny though wouldn't agree with his character in fresh meat but he is a good actor and funny though.

Series 2 starts on Tuesday 3rd September @ 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Watched it the other night - still bloody funny! :D
    Love Jack Whitehall.

First episode (synchronised diving) was very funny.. the second (with the American teacher) wasn't quite as good though!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loved the first episode. Haven't seen the second yet. I love Jack Whitehall.

I missed about 10 minutes at the start of last weeks episode. Did they explain why Miss Gulliver is now a lesbian? Did she and Alfie hook up at all other then her kissing him at the end of last series?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,344 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jack Whitehall to star in Bad Education US remake Source

^US remakes never work!

^US remakes never work!
    I'd say "rarely" based on The Office and possibly Whose Line Is It Anyway?.. and I've good things about Shameless though I couldn't get into it..

.. but yeah, "rarely" is more apt I'd say.

Basq wrote: »
    I'd say "rarely" based on The Office and possibly Whose Line Is It Anyway?.. and I've good things about Shameless though I couldn't get into it..

.. but yeah, "rarely" is more apt I'd say.

True.

US Shameless is a far superior show to UK one, in my opinion.

The Office only started to work when they moved away from copying the UK one . It depends on what they do with this one. Are they just going to remake the episodes but with an American cast? Or are they going to write completely new episodes and jokes? The Inbetweeners is another example of a show they just remade scene for scene and it was terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

There is a Bad Education Christmas Special Tuesday at 10pm on BBC3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Obtained the first two seasons due to this thread and a review in the Sunday Times. 6 hours of my weekend spent well. They've got a new fan. And I need to get a life. Or failing that, a part as a "teacher" in this.

Christmas Ep was pretty good, I thought. I would pay to see a RoboCracker film. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

This is one of the funniest shows I've seen in years! The play last night had me in stitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I knew half a head bully was going to turn into Olivier at some point. I didn't see the gay angle / Millwall supporter coming though. Harry Enfield and his sex mad missus need to come back for season three. And the tramp is right, Hollyoaks is a fate worse than heroin.

The third and final season of Bad Education will premiere on Tuesday September 16th at 10pm on BBC 3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Only seeing this now. Does it be on the iPlayer?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Only seeing this now. Does it be on the iPlayer?

I don't know but it's repeated twice late Friday night, once late Saturday night and once on Sunday evening.

August 21st movie released

the-bad-education-movie-poster1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Advertisement