Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland AM on TV3... (Mod Warning: See Post 221)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Starry buud.... Damien Dempsey wishin yiz a happy boooortday.

Don't forget to mention the famine and the 'Black and Tans'. Damo rarely puts a sentence together without mentioning the above. Why is the 'AM' so far away from the 'Ireland' on the cake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

She's such an overbearing, shouty, me me me, sycophant

Absolutely odious individual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Desmond definitly all ME ME ME

LISTEN TO THAT VOICE

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

TALKING THROUGH HER NOSE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

She's such an overbearing, shouty, me me me, sycophant

Absolutely odious individual
    jjll wrote: »
    Desmond definitly all ME ME ME
    LISTEN TO THAT VOICE

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

TALKING THROUGH HER NOSE!

Someone really ought to have the guts to remind her, in front of the cameras and the thousands of viewers, that she's only been with the show for half its lifetime whereas Mark, Alan and Aidan have all been there from the off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Ireland AM superfans are on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Anna was looking well

Anna always looks well.

Desmond by far the worst presenter in the shows history.

Colette Fitzpatrick the standout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Anna always looks well.

Luckily for her, cos there ain't much goin on between the ears.

Larbre34 wrote: »

:D:D

She's not the sharpest on the uptake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

She's not the sharpest on the uptake

Is anyone on TV3?

Is anyone on TV3?

Colette Fitzpatrick, Anton and a couple of others are bearable I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Colette Fitzpatrick, Anton and a couple of others are bearable I guess

Colette is good tv3 should want her to take over on Tonight as vb retires

Ireland AM b-day was very cringey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Is anyone on TV3?

All of Vin-B's guest hosts.

I must have a fetish for intelligent women, I have major crushes on Alison O'Connor and Dearbhail McDonald.

All of Vin-B's guest hosts.

I must have a fetish for intelligent women, I have major crushes on Alison O'Connor and Dearbhail McDonald.

O'Connor is tidy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Anna always looks well.

Desmond by far the worst presenter in the shows history.

Colette Fitzpatrick the standout

Has Claire Byrne been written out of the history of IrelandAM? Mark never mentions her, even though she can be seen in some of the early shots.

Ah, leave Anna alone - she is lovely!! :)

Anna was looking well

Pete the vet is quite gaunt now compared to what he looked like in earlier days.
    Seems much friendlier now also!

No claire byrne or anton there today... sinead should have tried world record to see how many times she licks the chops in 3 minutes

I take solace in the fact that Desmond is finished in TV after this stint

FINISHED

• Advertisement

No claire byrne or anton there today... sinead should have tried world record to see how many times she licks the chops in 3 minutes

Im pretty sure theres no way any super computer can figure that number out, CERN were trying but went for that God particle instead.

Good God i went to bed last night, turned on Newstalk only t hear a repeat of Moncrieffs show yesterday with the devil incarnate...Desmond....some of the stuff she was blowing was priceless. Said Ireland AM struggled to attract guests in the early years but now they have 'world superstars' sorry 'superstawrs' asking to come on. Kept referring to Cagney and Hughes as Cagney and Hughes as opposed to Mark and Alan, she works with them, is it a trying to be cool thing.

Good God i went to bed last night, turned on Newstalk only t hear a repeat of Moncrieffs show yesterday with the devil incarnate...Desmond....some of the stuff she was blowing was priceless. Said Ireland AM struggled to attract guests in the early years but now they have 'world superstars' sorry 'superstawrs' asking to come on. Kept referring to Cagney and Hughes as Cagney and Hughes as opposed to Mark and Alan, she works with them, is it a trying to be cool thing.

Noticed this yesterday morning when she asked a guest what her favourite segment was - the guest said it was the fashion slot with Andrea Roche - then Desmond started shaking her head uncontrollably and started screaming 'I love Rochie, Is Rochie around, where the hell is Rochie'.

PLEASE SACK THIS INSUFFERABLE WOMAN

Just trying to be one of the guys, I guess! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Has Claire Byrne been written out of the history of IrelandAM? Mark never mentions her, even though she can be seen in some of the early shots.

Safe to say that Claire was and still is the best female presenter the show has ever had, with Maura Derrane a close second.

Also safe to say, though, that McRedmond and co would more than likely disagree. It could very well be that, to them, SD is the best thing since sliced bread... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And as I've said, she hasn't been with the show for all of its life whereas Mark and Alan have.

She looks particularly horrid in the photo below - so horrid, in fact, that comparisons to the Medusa would actually be understandable... :o:o:o:o

Bx54Pw1CMAA5xcZ.jpg

Noticed this yesterday morning when she asked a guest what her favourite segment was - the guest said it was the fashion slot with Andrea Roche - then Desmond started shaking her head uncontrollably and started screaming 'I love Rochie, Is Rochie around, where the hell is Rochie'.

PLEASE SACK THIS INSUFFERABLE WOMAN

TV3 sacking SD is just as likely as RTE sacking Tubs. :o :rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

I nearly threw up my breakfast watching Cagney slobbering all over his past female presenters. It's like he purposely picks out the attractive ones to work with just so he can perve all over them.

Funny to see that most of the past presenters there were ones who haven't made it anywhere else. No chance of Claire or Maura turning up to that rubbish.

EB_2013 wrote: »
    I nearly threw up my breakfast watching Cagney slobbering all over his past female presenters. It's like he purposely picks out the attractive ones to work with just so he can perve all over them.

Funny to see that most of the past presenters there were ones who haven't made it anywhere else. No chance of Claire or Maura turning up to that rubbish.

Cagney seems to have some kind of contact with Maura as he mentions her now and again. There was also a video slot of Maura and Daithí wishing the show well yesterday morning. But, not a word from or about Claire, ever!! Funny as they kept showing the shot of Mark and Claire from the early days during the show yesterday!

EB_2013 wrote: »

The 'love in' with his 'first wife' is always sickening! :(

He does have a disturbing habit of 'slobbering' over some guests, e.g., Gerry Ryan's
    son in a recent programme, and, Cecelia Ahern whenever she is on promoting a book.

They were presenting a tribute to the Odlum lady recently in which there was an item
    done about her years ago, when Claire Byrne was his then onscreen 'wife'. Mark was waxing on (OK, slobbering!) about Odlum lady and how highly esteemed she was among her colleagues - doing it in that odious way of his - when you could not miss the look of disdain on Claire's face. Her body language clearly said: ' Would you ever STFU!!'

Claire Byrne left TV3 in bad circumstances when she moved to newstalk, I think they even prevented her starting on the station when she was due to start.

• Advertisement

Where was Desmond plucked from? Daily Mail hack?

Dont remember her being on tv

Elmo wrote: »
    Claire Byrne left TV3 in bad circumstances when she moved to newstalk, I think they even prevented her starting on the station when she was due to start.

Yes, I remember that now. Explains a lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Where was Desmond plucked from? Daily Mail hack?

Dont remember her being on tv

Heard her on Moncrieff yesterday. Her affected accent is just plain ridiculous.

Whatever happened to the 'Davy' lad she'd never shut up about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Whatever happened to the 'Davy' lad she'd never shut up about?

The seperated which is very sad for them. No matter what I think of anyone on tv I could never wish that pain on them

• Advertisement

Think she's been reading this and is being even more of an irritant this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dom40

Aidan Cooney sports update is a joke,twice he mistook Donegal for Mayo this morning,the man obviously needs more time to wake up, terrible stuff altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Agreed. The odd time I see bits of the show, I sometimes don't know what she is saying, because of that accent.

She looked in a tortoise this morning but she didnt stick the tongue out as much

She looked in a tortoise this morning but she didnt stick the tongue out as much

Too short to pull off a jump suit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

Why don't they give more coverage for GAA?

thesultan wrote: »
    Why don't they give more coverage for GAA?

Don't mention the war? TV3 have a naughty list

1. Claire Byrne
    2. Any Soap not on TV3
    3. Sky and the GAA

Elmo wrote: »
    Don't mention the war? TV3 have a naughty list

1. Claire Byrne
    2. Any Soap not on TV3
    3. Sky and the GAA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

When they had the GAA they gave it scant coverage really. It followed both soccer and rugby and no national league coverage.

I think Cagney would be more bearable with a better co presenter beside him.

He wasn't half as sanctimonious when Fitzpatrick or Crowley used to sit in with him

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭chatterbox

The whole crew should be replaced they are all so poor as presenters. Sinead is the most out of her depth, trying to sound intelligent with her favourite saying... 'I think the government should do more' .Doesn't matter what the topic is that's her trying to be intelligent. Also takes your man Aiden about 4 attempts to actually read the sports news out probably. His first attempt at it in the morning is like a comedy sketch

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭chatterbox

In the stitches laughing every time I watch that apres match... It funny thing about it all, is that it's so close to reality of Ireland am.

THAT F*CKING ACCENT ON HER!!!!

Mark Cagney on with Brendan O'Connor tonight. Interesting. More monologue than interview!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement