Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland AM on TV3... (Mod Warning: See Post 221)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jpt77

mick867 wrote: »
    I would hapily give them a go on the couch
    In the pictures who are the birds between teh Joyce sisters.

Alan Hughes is the greatest waste of money imaginable-

how can TV3 affod to pay for that huge presenting cast

get rid of cagney- hughes and desmond

give the presenting to Cooney and the chunky girl with the lovely eyes

and dont let her fasten her top 3 buttons

hey presto- much savings- and increased viewers

I agree about Alan Hughes. I watch Ireland AM most mornings and I'm increasingly getting into a rage when I see him on the screen. I don't see the point of him on the show. Alright, he does the weather but then you see him on the couch giving his own experience of different problems in Irish society. For example, during the pharmacists strike an expert was on talking about the situation and AH took over the whole discussion about his own traumatic experience of try to get a prescription the previous day. Its just that he thinks that his own opinions are little nuggets of gold. As well as that his attitude to guests, especially regular ones like the DIY man, is a disgrace. He justs cuts them off, doesn't listen to them and invariably shows them a lack of respect unless they are discussing eye-liner or foundation. Rant over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

ppdub73 wrote: »
    Did anyone see the skirt Sinead Desmond wasn't wearing this morning? Phew! Talk about micro short! What a pair of legs! She is one hot lady. I love the distance shot when you could see how short it was. It was disappearing under her jacket. We want more of that please. And get Anna Daly into skirts like that please. The campaign for micro minis on Ireland AM starts here!

That Desmond one does absolutely nothing for me. Dont like her looks or personality.

The girl who used to do it years ago, Collette Fitzpatrick was far superior. Gorgeous and appeared to have a great personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭ppdub73

I agree with you, Collette is a little doll! She seems to be real playful! Just a question lads, what do you think of Elaine Crowley? In my opinion, she would be a challenge! Work that one out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 snow white

jpt77 wrote: »
    I agree about Alan Hughes. I watch Ireland AM most mornings and I'm increasingly getting into a rage when I see him on the screen. I don't see the point of him on the show. Alright, he does the weather but then you see him on the couch giving his own experience of different problems in Irish society. For example, during the pharmacists strike an expert was on talking about the situation and AH took over the whole discussion about his own traumatic experience of try to get a prescription the previous day. Its just that he thinks that his own opinions are little nuggets of gold. As well as that his attitude to guests, especially regular ones like the DIY man, is a disgrace. He justs cuts them off, doesn't listen to them and invariably shows them a lack of respect unless they are discussing eye-liner or foundation. Rant over!

I couldnt agree with you more, Alan Hughes is absolutely USELESS, I hate the way he interupts the guys he is interviewing and then tries to make a skit of them on live television, they're there to do the talking NOT HIM... he tries to make a joke out of everything - but who's laughing?? and why oh why does he do the make up/hair/and clothes slot??? He is a man! what does he know!!! mind you, I question that!!! ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

snow white wrote: »
    I couldnt agree with you more, Alan Hughes is absolutely USELESS, I hate the way he interupts the guys he is interviewing and then tries to make a skit of them on live television, they're there to do the talking NOT HIM... he tries to make a joke out of everything - but who's laughing?? and why oh why does he do the make up/hair/and clothes slot??? He is a man! what does he know!!! mind you, I question that!!! ha ha

Why does he do all the make up and fashion and stuff,i'm guessing because he is gay...no offence or neither am i trying to be derogative.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lindy Lou

OMG This show is cringeworthingly bad. I've never seen such unprofessional behaviour on mordern day TV. Both guest and viewer are systematically ridiculed and/or patronised by that chauvinistic, dinosaur Mark Cagney. His strained banter with fellow presenters namely Alan Hughes, go beyond a joke at times verging on homophobia. His current affairs style of presenting is too aggressive for those quiter hours of the day.

I will say the bones of a morning show are there to build upon. Namely human interest stories, special guests, news bulletins, weather, fashion, cookery and Pet the Vet. However certain elements need to be updated in the name of progress. Namely, that northern Ireland tango'd showbiz gent, that useless blonde beauty person and Mark Cagney.

Rant over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I don't watch this much I saw it there on Tuesday I think and it looked like they are now alternating between presenters. And Aidan Cooney seem to be doing allot more.
    OMG This show is cringeworthingly bad.

Yeah but it is a morning show. But I take your other points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

Elmo wrote: »
    I don't watch this much I saw it there on Tuesday I think and it looked like they are now alternating between presenters. And Aidan Cooney seem to be doing allot more.

Yeah but it is a morning show. But I take your other points.

ya that should tell you something. i mean how did a guy like this get on tv? prob a nice man but come on..tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

All Aidan does is fill his stomach with wine and mixtures of slop made by some cook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Yes Ireland AM is not very professional, but that what's makes it good in a way.

I enjoy the banter between the presenters.

Of course it is aimed more at women.

My wife loves it, but I often watch it for a while each morning.

elaine_crowley_2377378.jpg

Elaine Crowley! What a challenge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Anna Daly is getting worse at presenting the weather everyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

orla wrote: »
    Anna Daly is getting worse at presenting the weather everyday.

Shes lucky shes pretty :rolleyes: ...She always looks terribly rigid, standing there with the hand in the pocket.

I dont have any major issues with the show, at least they provide a source for seeing some news when we get up the rest is just filler between news bulletins.

Cagney is insufferable, he needs to go.

The problem with Anna Daly is like most TV presenters, take the away from an Autocue and they are dead in the water. Or in the weather in her case!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Allison91

I'm so glad I'm either asleep or at college when Ireland Am is on :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Who's the bird who does the soap reviews? Ace bird..

rondeco wrote: »
    Who's the bird who does the soap reviews? Ace bird..

Do you know if she reviews Fair City, EastEnders or Ros Na Run? I know I have watch reviews about Emmers and Corrie but not the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 fitch34

Is Aidan Cooney supposed to be loosing weight?? It looks like he hasn't lost a pound!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

fitch34 wrote: »
    Is Aidan Cooney supposed to be loosing weight?? It looks like he hasn't lost a pound!
    He ate Mark Cagney. At least I hope he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

supposed to be running the dublin marathon in october !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

As if there isn't enough potholes on the streets already.

I hate Mark Cagney's attempts at conversation with the rest of them and everything he does or says.
    I hate your woman whoever she is.
    I hate Aidan Cooney.
    Alan whats his name's only talent seems to be he is gay.
    I hate that supersavvi me ad.
    I would love to know does anyone ever get the competition questions wrong.
    All in all they haven't a brain cell between them.

Apart from that it's not too bad really.

I must really stop watching that show in the morning.

i usually watch the news bulletins at 8, but do you ever see them sitting around the table just before they go over. some of the stuff they go on about its cringy!!!!! id sooner watch paint dry that watch 3 hrs of this. thank God i have a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

It said today "he's had a few hiccup's but is doing fantastic"

hiccups from eating his pizza too quickly!

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    It said today "he's had a few hiccup's but is doing fantastic"

hiccups from eating his pizza too quickly!

Brilliant! Its such a joke, if he was loosing weight, they would be doing a live weigh in. Its just a slot to fill up the show!

God that Aidan Cooney is some gowl! How did he get on tv??

who knows, doubt he does. all of that lot should thank there lucky stars they are employed at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

I've heard he's a pain of an arse to work with too

mcwhirter wrote: »
    I've heard he's a pain of an arse to work with too

I hate the way he gives his own opinion! Nobody cares!

Also, every week when the odlums lady is on (who actually is quite good) he asks her where to get the recipe. I think people know by now, anything to fill up the show i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 menapian

Personally I think Anna Daly just doesn't have what it takes. I mean her no offense and I'm not saying its an easy job .. but .. it just doesn't come natuarlly to her. Say what you like about the rest of them but at least they have some personality. Anna Daly asks a question and you can almost hear her concentration as she just thinks about the next question not listening to whatever poor sap she is interviewing.

menapian wrote: »
    Anna Daly asks a question and you can almost hear her concentration as she just thinks about the next question not listening to whatever poor sap she is interviewing.

They all have a tenancy to do this. Perhaps not the thinking part but certainly they just move on to the next question.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

menapian wrote: »
    Personally I think Anna Daly just doesn't have what it takes. I mean her no offense and I'm not saying its an easy job .. but .. it just doesn't come natuarlly to her. Say what you like about the rest of them but at least they have some personality. Anna Daly asks a question and you can almost hear her concentration as she just thinks about the next question not listening to whatever poor sap she is interviewing.
    Agree, she is pretty and photogenic(unlike sinead desmond:D) but not natural in front of camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

OMG Mark Cagney is such a bore.

He is like a Grandda on the show, keeping them all in line, telling them the way things are, forcing his views on his younger colleagues (and us poor viewers).
    He drives me insane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Just do what I do and watch Euronews, just news no sh1t and when the weather comes on it plays very relaxing music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭iseegirls

He is like a Grandda on the show, keeping them all in line, telling them the way things are, forcing his views on his younger colleagues (and us poor viewers).
    He drives me insane!

Hates it when they're all having a lively chat - and he cuts across them immediately because it's exactly top of the hour and the news has to be shown. What difference does it make if the news is off by a minute or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

here here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

Aidan Cooney is a state. The size of the flipper.

He does be on every morning throwing glasses of wine and big steaks down his throat. That's his breakfast. Is it any wonder he's so fat. He's almost obese. In fact he probably already is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

He drives me insane!
    That's his problem right there. He feels compelled to impart his 'wisdom' on colleagues and viewers. Biggest plonker on tv, imo.

I wake up to Everwood (the TV show :rolleyes: ) and As Time Goes By.

As Time Goes By and Mad About You must top TBBT for they worst sitcoms ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    They should give Claire Brock, Sharon Tobin or Siobhan Bastible a go on the couch and see if they have a personality and then decide if they need a change. Status and lenght of time at TV3 seems to take priority when chosing people for positions instead of talent and suitability for the job.

Claire is taking over on the couch in the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭thesultan

Why is it they have a rugby and soccer section on the monday but no GAA. Can't they get talking about the National Leauges.
    One thing why do they always cut songs before the end. Surely they can judge how long the interview has to run?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

I'm sitting here waiting for it to come on :eek: ha, no i'm not really. I actually hate it, maybe just get the news at the start but i couldn't watch anymore.

News-
    They talk some bull****-
    Adds-
    Headlines-
    Bull****-
    Adds-
    News-
    Etc......

bamboozle wrote: »
    Claire is taking over on the couch in the next few weeks.

Claire is taking over from Sybil on the Morning Show.

On another matter, how do they get away with not mentioning any other show thats not on TV3. There's Dancing On Ice previews/reviews on Fri and Monday, soap section containing just the TV3 soaps - Emmerdale and Coronation Street, among other features that they do.

Just going with Dancing On Ice - the show that has rarely even featured in top20 for TV3 every week this year - and The Voice Of Ireland has been attracting nearly 600,000 on RTE - but not one mention of the Irish show on Ireland AM - even though most of their audience watched the show.

Would they ever grow up - and stop being so one-sided and talk about all shows across all channels. The commercials inbetween Ireland AM is their chance to promote their own shows then.

TV3 are pissed off that RTÉ don't mention (on their sports news) when live sports airs on TV3. RTÉ don't mention where viewers can watch live sports on any channel outside RTÉ TV. TV3 don't mention when Live sport is on RTÉ, Setanta or TG4. And TG4 and Setanta don't either.

Elmo wrote: »
    TV3 are pissed off that RTÉ don't mention (on their sports news) when live sports airs on TV3. RTÉ don't mention where viewers can watch live sports on any channel outside RTÉ TV. TV3 don't mention when Live sport is on RTÉ, Setanta or TG4. And TG4 and Setanta don't either.

Looks like a vicious circle. :)

Had to laugh this morning when they were having their usual "chat" after some feature. Someone text/emailed in about Sky's Got To Dance. This was said, but then quickly moved on when Mark Cagney said his 6 or 7yr old relative LOVES Alan Hughes Family Fortunes - and how brilliant Alan is and how it's so much fun on a Saturday, and then Aiden goes on to say how much his friend loves it too and goes on about saying family fortunes is the perfect weekend viewing . . .etc . . .

It's just cringe the way the plugs and promos appear heavily throughout the show.

iseegirls wrote: »
    Looks like a vicious circle. :)

It is strange though RTÉ do highlight programmes on TV3, they don't ignore TV3 soaps when reviewing soaps, nor do they ignore The X Factor IMO the biggest promotion TV3 have for that show is on Derek Mooney's painful radio show and RTE TEN every second article being about X Factor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I hate the sight of that smarmy bastard Alan Hughes.

Also, was raging to see that Claire girl (not Brock) is gone now that Anna "Useless" Daly is back:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I hate the sight of that smarmy bastard Alan Hughes.

Also, was raging to see that Claire girl (not Brock) is gone now that Anna "Useless" Daly is back:mad:

Alan showed his true colours a few weeks back when he was talking bout the Monaghan episode of Come dine with me. He referred to one of the women as 'the one that looks like a man'
    He's a complete talentless bitch.

Is anyone else pissed off by the talking detergent (must be lever bros) ads each side of the ad break? They have been the same for at least a year. I have to mute the tv for them.
    You know what it's like grass stains on the kids clothes etc deep cleaning action in one wash
    Maybe I'm overreacting but I can say that I despise these ads

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Don't you mean Laura Woods the other blonde one that was covering Anna Daly, I do agree Laura Woods is easier on the eye ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭Decade of Decadence

mtjm wrote: »
    Don't you mean Laura Woods the other blonde one that was covering Anna Daly, I do agree Laura Woods is easier on the eye ;)

Are you kidding? Woods has no chin and has the most annoying D4 accent EVER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

I'm liking the new format with Anton Savage doing his bit from 7am to 8am

Desmond is as irritating as ever though, sadly

• Advertisement
Advertisement