Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭trashcan

The "bin it your way" gum litter ads. Jesus, did somebody actually get paid for thinking up that absolute drivel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

The ads for The Leftovers on Sky are pretty annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

trashcan wrote: »
    The "bin it your way" gum litter ads. Jesus, did somebody actually get paid for thinking up that absolute drivel ?

Your username is quite appropriate. :pac:

That little ginger kid acting the maggot while having his picture taken by his yummy mummy in the Santander ad.

Little ginger anti-christ w*nker, would love to snap him in half.....:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Griever931 wrote: »

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Did my Specsavers specs decieve me or is the mad ould one from the UPC ad on the Positive Options ad? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

There really needs to be an inquiry into all these telecommunication adverts, because they are enticing people into contracts they cannot afford, like the UPC Sky Sports offer or that awful 6 month promo from eircom, that advert makes very little effort in warning you that for the rest of the 18 months the price of the bundle doubles at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

flazio wrote: »
    There really needs to be an inquiry into all these telecommunication adverts, because they are enticing people into contracts they cannot afford, like the UPC Sky Sports offer or that awful 6 month promo from eircom, that advert makes very little effort in warning you that for the rest of the 18 months the price of the bundle doubles at least.

Also mobile phone companies advertising "unlimited" internet usage and then putting a fair usage policy warning right under it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Griever931 wrote: »
    Someone has to do a parody of that where he strolls out of the supermarket at the end of it and says "forgot the milk".

Your one seems like a REALLY highly strung individual with how fast she freaks out like that. Stage 5 clinger.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Aldi and the "mammy's boy" footballers. Cringe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

amdublin wrote: »

I saw that for the first time today. Words fail me.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

Just seen Giles and Dunphy advertising Cadburys Dairy Milk Choclate at half time in the football, very cheesy, so bad it's almost good!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

duchalla wrote: »
    Just seen Giles and Dunphy advertising Cadburys Dairy Milk Choclate at half time in the football, very cheesy, so bad it's almost good!

It it just bizarre, if you hadn't already posted about it, I would be questioning if it really existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qk7wexuWHM

Brady baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

My reaction to this was :eek: :D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Jesus the sight of Dunphy lip synching to that song was too disturbing for words,I wish I hadn't watched it now,I won't be able to get that horrible image out of my head.

:eek: Good god no it isnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

That Muller yogurt add with Nicole scherzinger. Could be more fake and annoying if she tried.

Love to be slapping the head of her.

:eek: Good god no it isnt.

And they have made five ads for Cadburys, apparently. :eek:

LynnGrace wrote: »
    And they have made five ads for Cadburys, apparently. :eek:

Jeeeeezussss!!!!! :(

handbagmad wrote: »
    That Muller yogurt add with Nicole scherzinger. Could be more fake and annoying if she tried.

Love to be slapping the head of her.

Good looking as she is, that ad is a load of shíte. All very fake and pretentious crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭p38

The new Guinness Movie ( I mean ad) Christ it never ends :mad:

The one with the Toy Story cast flogging Sky broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,312 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

amdublin wrote: »

Just saw that tonight, the oul bald fella is the most annoying git I've come across in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Billy86 wrote: »
    Someone has to do a parody of that where he strolls out of the supermarket at the end of it and says "forgot the milk".

Your one seems like a REALLY highly strung individual with how fast she freaks out like that. Stage 5 clinger.

I thought that initially too but the next time I watched the Ad I thought I saw a baby seat in the back of the car with no baby

Would make much more sense for her to be freaking out over that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I thought that initially too but the next time I watched the Ad I thought I saw a baby seat in the back of the car with no baby

Would make much more sense for her to be freaking out over that
    I actually saw it again since reading this and her and the annoying kid shouting "daddy" are a good 30 feet apart so they're probably shout g for two different people. They really picked as awkward (and irritating) a snippet as they could find for it.

Oh the m-ooooooo-t-iiiiiii-vaaaaaaa-ttttttt-iiiiii-oooooo-nnnnnn clinic ads are back.
    Why does the person doing the voice over speak in slowwwwww mooootion. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

There's a Dove ad on at the moment for deoderant or whatever, and they're going on about having beautiful underarms. They mean armpits...beautiful armpits. Turns my stomach. They're ****ing armpits, lads. I await the "beautiful spot behind your ears" ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

There's a Dove ad on at the moment for deoderant or whatever, and they're going on about having beautiful underarms. They mean armpits...beautiful armpits. Turns my stomach. They're ****ing armpits, lads. I await the "beautiful spot behind your ears" ad.

What next? Beautiful big toes? Knobbly knees? Rude parts?

The meteor ads with the rocket scientist and the brain surgeon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned those stupid "bin it your way" chewing gum ads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement