Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday present for herself - ideas?

Options
  • 27-08-2008 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭

The big three zero is coming up in a few months and I want an idea for a present for her. For her last birthday I bought her a computer which she loved. I asked her was there anything she wanted and she said she didnt want a big present as she cant reciprocate. So ladies, does anyone have any idea of what to get her?

ideas please.

By the way, we are going out 3 years, engaged to be married. Getting hitched the year after next.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Some info about what she likes might help :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

she likes gardening, playing world of warcraft, reading, computers, playing roleplaying games(not the sexual ones), movies, music, er....Thats all I can think of.

A certificate for iTunes and a couple of DVDs? I won't be much help because I don't share her interests, but maybe some of the other women will have some clue. Sorry. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Garden centre voucher, some books by an author she likes and maybe a game or two?

• Advertisement

For her 30th birthday?

These ideas so far seem a little low key to be honest.

Is there anybody on here who is over 30? What did you do for your 30th?

For my ex's 30th I gave him a skydiving trip. Would she like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

buy her some nice jewellery

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

My wife was feeling a little sensitive about the day (her big 30) so I took her away for a long weekend to the Peak District and we did some walking along the Dales, stopping for a pint at a pub, visited a few local villages including Bakewell (home of the Bakewell tart ) etc. We stayed in a very plush B&B and had a great time.

It was the perfect, 'get away from it all weekend'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Bring her to the sex shop, buy her lots of kinky underwear and toys and bring her away for a dirty weekend somewhere...

You both win!!

• Advertisement

r3nu4l wrote: »
    My wife was feeling a little sensitive about the day (her big 30) so I took her away for a long weekend to the Peak District and we did some walking along the Dales, stopping for a pint at a pub, visited a few local villages including Bakewell (home of the Bakewell tart ) etc. We stayed in a very plush B&B and had a great time.

It was the perfect, 'get away from it all weekend'. :)

Thats the sort of idea I was looking for. Interesting idea!

Anything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭zoey

I think something along the lines of r3nu4l's gift would be greatly appreciated by most woman.

Basically a weekend away and incorporate something you know she's interested in/ would enjoy- maybe an afternoon at a spa, maybe taking her for a picnic along a river or on a mountain as you mention she likes gardening and would probably appreciate the beauty of the outdoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

If it was me I would definitely prefer a break somewhere. Especially with the wedding in the offing, it could be the last chance for a bit of quality time together before the mayhem (and expense). You might be lucky to find a couple of cheap flights somewhere.
    Another idea is this http://www.thecanvasworks.ie/?gclid=CM32sOjJrpUCFQdLtAodYA1yZg
    I have done this as a present for my OH and again for my niece's 21st and they were thrilled. You could use a photo of the 2 of you together - major brownie points could be earned !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MzFusspot

lots of boutique/fancypants hotels are doing really fabulous sounding package weekends lately, like fancy room with champagne and dinners and stuff as part of the offer. They aren't cheap but they sound like heaven- couple I've been looking at and trying obsessively to justify it to myself are

http://www.dylan.ie/packages.php

http://www.theghotel.ie/g/index.asp?SessionID=B0342DD847674A4696F6CD39C5306D71&pi=520

maybe a book signed by her favourite author? wow figurine toy thingy as a cute pressie? spotted some of those on amazon a while ago.

swarovski do some very pretty and unusual costume jewellery

http://www.swarovski.com/category/Jewellery+%26+Accessories|Jewellery/Web_IE/en

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Gardening, eh? What about an expensive plant - maybe a magnolia stellata tree, or magnolia grandiflora if you have a big garden. Or a glasshouse with IOU to construct it for her? You can get lean-to ones from Mr Middleton. Or take her on a gardening course to The Organic Centre?

thanks for all the suggestions. The pricey hotel is one.

I had an idea of my own. A surprise party. I will admit she does not like social events, but I thought if I invited all her friends in this country, and then invite her best from her home country, and then pay for the tickets for this friend to come over. Do you think she would like that?

She mentioned tonight she would love to fly a helicopter so maybe a days flying one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

No idea how much time you have but this is a lovely idea:

Get a scrapbook/leather bound book and get all her friends to write her a little note on some memories they've shared over the years. You could add lots of different photos of her over the years as well adding a little note to each. Adding photos of things she loves throughout the book would be lovely as well.

It a lovely thoughtful gift that she can cherish long after her birthday. My boyfriend made me something similar for my last birthday and I absolutely loved it.

Taking her away and surprising her with a helicopter flight on one of the days is a nice idea as well.

A.

b3t4 wrote: »
    No idea how much time you have but this is a lovely idea:

Get a scrapbook/leather bound book and get all her friends to write her a little note on some memories they've shared over the years. You could add lots of different photos of her over the years as well adding a little note to each. Adding photos of things she loves throughout the book would be lovely as well.

It a lovely thoughtful gift that she can cherish long after her birthday. My boyfriend made me something similar for my last birthday and I absolutely loved it.

Taking her away and surprising her with a helicopter flight on one of the days is a nice idea as well.

A.

I love that idea! Ill give it a go! Thanks very much!

Advertisement