Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bruce Springsteen gig

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭the_galway_fry

am stuck for a Room for two for tomorrow night if anyone would know here i might get b and b or anything i would appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Tonio

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Any good parking places recommended?

Cork Con rugby club are open for parking I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,887 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Ticketmaster have put up the third row of seats in the whole uncovered stand for sale now ,I can see alot of angry people tomorrow,those seats are way too low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,894 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Zardoz wrote: »
    Ticketmaster have put up the third row of seats in the whole uncovered stand for sale now ,I can see alot of angry people tomorrow,those seats are way too low.
    im in row h of uncoverd section d, getting a bit nervous that the seats are going to be low.

I'm small enough so Ill have a bit of legroom in the seat lol, if you're over 5ft 8 it will be uncomfy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

am stuck for a Room for two for tomorrow night if anyone would know here i might get b and b or anything i would appreciate it.

B+B here for ye near Midleton in east Cork,about 13 miles from Pairc ui Chaoimh,Cork city

http://www.booking.com/hotel/ie/loughcarrig-house.en-gb.html

It nearly the last place left in a 30 mile radius.Ye can get a train from Midleton to Cork city and back.This place is about 1-2 miles from train station in Midleton so get a taxi to train station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

Going with two friends tomorrow but one of them won't be able to make til 6.30 or later whereas we plan on going down early. What's the story with pit passes? I assume it's one per person making it pointless for us to queue if we want to join our friend later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well I just passed what I assume is the main entrance on the back of Monaghan road and there is people queing up already, there was a handful of tents there as well but if I had to guess at the amount down there I'd say about 30.

Going to be a nightmare getting back to work after lunch about 1ish, enjoy ye're gig people. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Is the main entrance on the Monaghan road so? I'm meant to be meeting my friends near the marina entrance later so I assume that's the wrong place if we want to try get pit passes?

Well my work is on the back road so I went past it and there was barriers up and people behind them so I'm asssuming it is where they will be handing out the passes.

If you know the area its the back gate where they usually have the enterance for Funderland, its about 500 metres past where the marquee enterance is.

'll be passing again about 12 ish so I'll let ye know whats the situation, I assume it will be fairly busy at that stage.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Well my work is on the back road so I went past it and there was barriers up and people behind them so I'm asssuming it is where they will be handing out the passes.

If you know the area its the back gate where they usually have the enterance for Funderland, its about 500 metres past where the marquee enterance is.

'll be passing again about 12 ish so I'll let ye know whats the situation, I assume it will be fairly busy at that stage.

Thanks a million :-) I just sort of assumed that it would be at the marina entrance - tbh didn't even know there was an entrance on the other side....! Shows how much I know!

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    Thanks a million :-) I just sort of assumed that it would be at the marina entrance - tbh didn't even know there was an entrance on the other side....! Shows how much I know!

The later you leave the less likely you are to get pit passes IMO.

There is Gardai out on some of the barriers on the road around the area, not stopping any cars yet but I imagine later on, closer to the gig they'll be trying stop as much traffic as possible going down the Monaghan road.

Also there could be an entrance on the Marina side, but from my window I can see the back of the stage and just outside the stadium but inside the back enterance, there is a couple of colourful flags which look like the lead into the stadium from enterance on the back of Monaghan road.

Its easy to get to from the city centre or even Ballintemple.

This is where the enterance is and where people are curerntly in a que, there is event staff on the door here in hig-vis vests also so its a promising sign.

http://goo.gl/maps/uDelB

There is Gardai out on some of the barriers on the road around the area, not stopping any cars yet but I imagine later on, closer to the gig they'll be trying stop as much traffic as possible going down the Monaghan road.

Also there could be an entrance on the Marina side, but from my window I can see the back of the stage and just outside the stadium but inside the back enterance, there is a couple of colourful flags which look like the lead into the stadium from enterance on the back of Monaghan road.

This is where the enterance is and where people are curerntly in a que, there is event staff on the door here in hig-vis vests also so its a promising sign.

Thanks a mil! I'm gonna chance it at around 4.30 and sure you never know - its not the end of the world if we don't get pit passes but it would be a nice bonus!

We will be walking from around the bridge near the clarion I'd say cos the road down by the idle hour will prob be closed??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Thanks a mil! I'm gonna chance it at around 4.30 and sure you never know - its not the end of the world if we don't get pit passes but it would be a nice bonus!

We will be walking from around the bridge near the clarion I'd say cos the road down by the idle hour will prob be closed??

There's a shuttle bus from Lapps Quay to the venue for €2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

How many people will be attending?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

HurtLocker wrote: »
    How many people will be attending?

80000 I was told

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

There seems to be a lot of people going who wouldn't recognize the guy if he was standing next to them.

evilivor wrote: »
    There's a shuttle bus from Lapps Quay to the venue for €2.

Yeah I know but I'm getting a lift into town so may as well just walk from a certain point - will get as close to centre park road as possible and then walk

Wont be 80k anyway, I'd say 50k at most.

Oasis and M.Jackson was about 50-55k all those years ago and given Bruce is playing just about every county in ireland I cant see that much turning up.

The Michael Jackson concert attendence was 110,000 in 1988..:eek:.....................

..............over 2 days..:)

• Advertisement

Given how $h1tty and dilapitated the place is,I hope they dont turn up the speakers too loud or this might happen

0212_C51.jpg

Given how $h1tty and dilapitated the place is I hope they dont turn up the speakers too loud or this might happen

0212_C51.jpg

Ah now :-P

Buddy of mine was down there 10 mins ago, 3000 pit passes hes number 620, they give you a number and a pass.

Was in the que for 10 mins he said.

Just make sure you're standing in the middle.:D

Buddy of mine was down there 10 mins ago, 3000 pit passes hes number 620, they give you a number and a pass.

Cheers for all the updates! It says on my ticket - enter via the red route - did you see anything about a red route around?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

prendi was talking to people with pit passes, they are there for all the roll calls,

one guy from Wales has been to the limerick gig, is going to this, and then up to belfast,

some serious fanatics there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,446 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Balmed Out wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of people going who wouldn't recognize the guy if he was standing next to them.

you'll always get that when an international star comes to town, no matter what town, whether My Hometown or just down by River....see what I did there:D

Cheers for all the updates! It says on my ticket - enter via the red route - did you see anything about a red route around?!

I didnt see signs earlier but that might change throughout the day and once you get closer to the venue.

all else fails, ask a Garda on your way down they should know the story with it or one of the event staff.

:o

At a guess Id say that is entering on the Marina side.See pic here.Red section is on Marina side.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/bruce-springsteen-the-e-street-cork-07-18-2013/event/1800498499CB212F?artistid=860453&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

At a guess Id say that is entering on the Marina side.See pic here.Red section is on Marina side.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/bruce-springsteen-the-e-street-cork-07-18-2013/event/1800498499CB212F?artistid=860453&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

That's just for the seating though, we're standing. Sure I guess we'll see when we get down!

Aiken Promotions will have official car parking at the Marquee site and concert parking will also be available at Cork Constitution rugby ground, Ballinure and St Michael's GAA pitch in Mahon and the Cork Camogie Board grounds on Castle Road.

Bus Éireann will operate shuttle buses, commencing at 12 midday today until 6pm, from Lapps Quay to Páirc Uí Chaoimh. Return from the concert by bus will be on the 202 route at the Ballintemple stops. Extra buses will be provided on the 202 route after the concert.

There will also be a number of road closures. The Marina will be closed from Blackrock Road from 7.30am on Thursday morning to 1am on Friday morning. Church Avenue will be closed from Blackrock Road from 7.30am on Thursday morning to 1am on Friday morning and Monahan Road will be closed outbound from Victoria Road from 7.30am on Thursday morning to 1am on Friday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Does he have the actual wristband thing on his arm now or will he get it later when he goes back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭mossie

polydactyl wrote: »
    Does he have the actual wristband thing on his arm now or will he get it later when he goes back?

You get that when you're in the actual queue entering the stadium.

Number on the right hand, red wrist band on the left.

As at 1 o clock the pubs in Ballintemple had a few outside, one of them is putting on an all day BBQ in the beer garden out the back.

Number on the right hand, red wrist band on the left.

As at 1 o clock the pubs in Ballintemple had a few outside, one of them is putting on an all day BBQ in the beer garden out the back.

You're like a reporter! Are you getting any work done?! ;-)

You're like a reporter! Are you getting any work done?! ;-)

If the I.T. Dept checked my internet usage I'd be sacked . :pac:

So u could just wander along now get your pit pass then go back to work and be in the pit later ?

So u could just wander along now get your pit pass then go back to work and be in the pit later ?

Not sure TBH.

I've a couple of buddies going, 2 of them that are off work today have been down getting passes at about 10am and 10:30am.

I'd say the passes would be nearly all but gone at this stage though. The guy at around 10am was number 508 I think and the guy 30-40 mins later was 620.

Not sure TBH.

I've a couple of buddies going, 2 of them that are off work today have been down getting passes at about 10am and 10:30am.

I'd say the passes would be nearly all but gone at this stage though. The guy at around 10am was number 508 I think and the guy 30-40 mins later was 620.

Ah seems to be a lot busier than Limerick queue so.... Ah well, we'll see!

Even looking out the window I can see groups of people walking down the Monaghan road towards the venue every now and again, its nice afternoon for a stroll down if you've the time to do it.

Thanks

No chance 3000 passes are gone at this stage ,Limerick queue had 900 at noon the day of the gig,so just as busy as Cork.

• Advertisement

Thanks

No chance 3000 passes are gone at this stage ,Limerick queue had 900 at noon the day of the gig,so just as busy as Cork.

Word is 1000 and the last roll call was at 11am and they were left in around 1:30PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Down on Victoria road and there is a nice air around the place. The bars are all open some with seating outside, and there is a few catering vans there too if anyone is looking for food.. Hope ye all have a great time now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Update. Over a thousand I would say in queue easily at the moment. Very little chance of pit passes even for those of us here I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Hope everyone has a great night! He was brilliant in Limerick. You are all in for a treat!!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

What I presume was his cortege was passing in the South Ring at 4.30, so guess he's in situ now.

What I presume was his cortege was passing in the South Ring at 4.30, so guess he's in situ now.

Yes,

Coming in the from the airport.

BPdx1q3CAAApDWL.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

evilivor wrote: »
    Yes,

Coming in the from the airport.

BPdx1q3CAAApDWL.jpg

Coming from tunnel, so possibly heading to airport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Drove past the Millennium Park and I'm amazed how clear the music was. The traffic was backing up and there was some parking improvisation going on. It took me back to listening to Michael Jackson by the skew bridge God knows how long ago...

/le sigh

cantdecide wrote: »
    Drove past the Millennium Park and I'm amazed how clear the music was. The traffic was backing up and there was some parking improvisation going on. It took me back to listening to Michael Jackson by the skew bridge God knows how long ago...

/le sigh

Great vibe down on the Marina - huge crowd sitting outside on the grass by the river.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Three and a half hours of absolute fukking magic.
    You haven't lived until you've seen rock'n'roll's most enduring legend play piano with his face.
    Probably the best gig I will ever see.

Advertisement