Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've been struck by Man Flu!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

LOL Make sure you say "Awwwww my pooooooor baby" a lot. Also take notes and use this behaviour against him when he's better and you want something expensive! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

as I point of note I think boots are selling a man flu survival kit which you may think of getting him.

see it is that serious that they had to bring out a survival kit:eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Lol, some of the posts on this thread. Can't believe some guys still pull the flu card when they're a little bit sick. Just back in work today from a heavy cold, (in our office its more appreciated if you stay out and don't infect everyone else!), and wouldn't dream of saying I have flu for fear of the slagging I'd get... :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

This thread is further proof of the need for a men's health forum where this disease can be discussed properly than laughed at. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

as I point of note I think boots are selling a man flu survival kit which you may think of getting him.

see it is that serious that they had to bring out a survival kit:eek:

Yeah, there are even different brands. My best friend swears by red wine. I'd go for Baileys, but we are women, so what do we know. Guiness for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

She Devil wrote: »
    A rare strain of flu so powerful and so deadly it can only be matched by the Bubonic Plague and Aids. A incurable virus which has adapted to only effect the "XY" gene found in men. The virus attacks the immune system 10,000 times harder than the average flu virus, causing excruciating pain for the victim. Man Flu has no cure and prayers can save the forsaken life of the infected. The often deadly virus is mostly laughed at by women who sadly cannot contract "Man Flu"

Obviously, he needs to be quarantined. Take no personal risks, yannowarrImean?
    dfx- wrote: »
    This thread is further proof of the need for a men's health forum where this disease can be discussed properly than laughed at. :(

LOL. Educate yourself. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/index.php?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

If your OH should die of this this post will haunt you forever. Man-flu is no laughing matter. You women will never know the pain, but you push a baby out of your vaginas and you go on and on...

Hmmm, push a baby out your vagina, after nine months of carrying around what effectively must feel like a bowling ball in your abdomen, one that kicks you in the liver, spleen, bladder et al without warning or reason. One that makes, I'm reliably informed, lying on your back a nightmare, lying on your front impossible and lying on your side merely supremely uncomfortable.

At the conclusion of this physical trial, hormonal hell, and tactical nightmare, you have labour to look forward to. This by all accounts, ain't pretty. Usually it starts with a gush of liquid from the vagina, but it could just start with the kind of pain that makes being dead from the neck down seem not just like a good idea, but a fair trade too. This can continue, with increasing intensity, for about two days.

After your probably agonising labour experience, the actual delivery is the cherry on the cake of the whole experience. The child, which can be between five and eleven pounds without being considered abnormal, is pushed by the contractions through your pelvis and out your vagina with such force that said vagina can literally be torn apart.

After the infant has entered the world in their own right, said vagina gets stictched up, with a needle and thread.

So much to look forward to.

And then theres man-'flu.

Sniffles, headsy rubsies, playstation while wrapped in a blankie, dinners in bed, hot drinkies, fussing, stroking, and much sympathy.

What am I saying? Obviously its much worse.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I think sick guys are absolutely adorable! They get all cute and vulnerable and don't act all brave and manly, they're like cute little puppies.

My boyfiend is the exact opposite of the guys with their Man Flu though, it takes a lot to get him to even take a painkiller, I think he views modern medicine as some sort of witchcraft and thinks he can treat himself with manliness.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Hmmm, push a baby out your vagina, after nine months of carrying around what effectively must feel like a bowling ball in your abdomen, one that kicks you in the liver, spleen, bladder et al without warning or reason. One that makes, I'm reliably informed, lying on your back a nightmare, lying on your front impossible and lying on your side merely supremely uncomfortable.

At the conclusion of this physical trial, hormonal hell, and tactical nightmare, you have labour to look forward to. This by all accounts, ain't pretty. Usually it starts with a gush of liquid from the vagina, but it could just start with the kind of pain that makes being dead from the neck down seem not just like a good idea, but a fair trade too. This can continue, with increasing intensity, for about two days.

After your probably agonising labour experience, the actual delivery is the cherry on the cake of the whole experience. The child, which can be between five and eleven pounds without being considered abnormal, is pushed by the contractions through your pelvis and out your vagina with such force that said vagina can literally be torn apart.

After the infant has entered the world in their own right, said vagina gets stictched up, with a needle and thread.

Exactly, you girls get a little vaginal laceration after pushing an object through a hole 5x smaller than it, and it's all "Oh, this is the worst pain the world, men can never understand what it's like". Is it any wonder you're called the weaker sex? Try having man flu for just 1 hour, and then you'll know.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Try having man flu for just 1 hour, and then you'll know.

You surely mean try coping with a man with manflu for just five minutes ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

So much to look forward to.

And then theres man-'flu.

Sniffles, headsy rubsies, playstation while wrapped in a blankie, dinners in bed, hot drinkies, fussing, stroking, and much sympathy.

What am I saying? Obviously its much worse.....;)

If it was really that bad no woman would ever have a second child, and yet many do quite willingly. It's not as if we go out of our way to catch manflu.

/awaits imminent de-modding ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Nuravictus

Most men feel this pain in the toliet after a bad curry.

Zaph wrote: »
    If it was really that bad no woman would ever have a second child...

You're now officially trolling in your own forum. Ban yourself.

Nuravictus wrote: »
    Most men feel this pain in the toliet after a bad curry.

Jeez. :eek: I've never had a curry (or anything else) that split me open, or required stitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Hmm, on the subject of sympathy; I have a slipped disc. I'm not sure I'm getting as much sympathy as I should be entitled to, how can I remedy this situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Miss Cellaneous

jaybee747 wrote: »
    I know his pain, i myself am in the process of recovering from my flu, i was struck down about 10 days ago with the blighter, I think you need to make sure he's comfortable at all times, remote is not to far from reach and your not out of ear shot,just in case he has to call you. He needs to be pampered until he is ready to recover, should be a week atleast.

should be a week at least , Hah, Two years ago my OH had the hundred day flu,now thats really pushing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭bumbletumble

a few years back i printed out "the latest cure for the flu" (or so he thought)off the net and showed it to my then other half and because I wanted to look after him so much i followed it step by step!!! he didnt stay sick for very long!

List ws something like this.
    Ice cold bed baths (for the fever)
    clear soup (because any other food would upset his poor tummy anymore)
    freshly squezzed lemon juice (for his throat)
    and the telly out of the Bedroom (so he could get rest and the light would give him anymore sore heads)

worked a treat hehe

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Pherekydes wrote: »
    You're now officially trolling in your own forum. Ban yourself.

That's mild, you've obviously never seen me in action here after I've been drinking. Let's just say my fellow mods are very understanding... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

If a man can get out of bed and get to the bathroom alone, its not 'flu.
    If he can eat unaided, its not 'flu.
    If he can whine endlessly, its not 'flu.
    If he can request his favourite foods, its not 'flu.
    If he demands head rubs, its not 'flu.

If he lies in his own urine, sweating from a fever of 102degrees, if he's delirious and hallucinating, if he can't eat, can barely drink water, can't follow a conversation, doesn't know his own name, and feels like his head is being kicked from the inside out, then theres a chance its actual 'flu.

Yeah, that sounds like man flu alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Ah one of my favourite ads that was around a few years ago was a man going out to work and being berought back by the grim reaper cos he had a cold.

Anyone know what it was for? It was defo an ad and not a comedy sketch!

• Advertisement
Advertisement