Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Current Wrestler

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Feed me Seymour

All we need is a stip match between Rollins and Ambrose for the case........Ambrose wins then cashes in against lesner, although he would probably cash it in during a heyman promo rather than after lesner finished a match........would suit his character.......

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭MrLucidLJ

Moneymaker wrote: »
    daniel-bryan-john-cena-summerslam-2013-1406268613.jpg

And It was clean but the next night he comes out and says that because of his elbow he didn't perform to his full ability thats what annoys me about Cena these inbuilt excuses.

Cena has put lots of guys over - you don't lose the belt 15 times without putting people over ffs!!

He has lost the belt to Punk, Bryan, Sheamus, Edge, Van Dam, Orton, Del Rio, Rock. There's probably more but those are just the ones I remember.

Because you lose to a guy doesn't mean you put them over, there is more into it. He has to sell and make the other guy look better. I can say he put Lesnar over pretty big the other night. Lets look at the men you mentioned. Even with his matches with Punk he still never reached 1 guy in the company as he was a midcard champion defending only at 4 PPVs as the actually main event while Cena eclipsed the main event took about 7 or 8 of them. Sheamus is a midcard and while Cena lost to him can you really say Sheamus benefited back in 2010 from the dodgy wins he got?
    Edge is another weird one he was red hot back in 2006 but after the cash in at NYR 2006 then had to drop the title back to Cena at Rumble 2006 then didn't even have the title match at the main event of Mania 22. Yet again did he really put him over? Van Dam you can argue because of the really good main event at ONS 2006 and actually seemed to lose clean, but WWE were forced to do that because the fans would have gone mental if he won. Orton is another weird one might say hes the only real star on here who is still up there. Del Rio not really think he lost a last man standing dodgy thats about it.
    Rock came back to do business, you know the way WWE promotes Cena as the best of all time, so they had to let Rock win the first match only to set up the 2nd. They revolve things around Cena a 15 time champion is pure mental I though HHH was bad at 13 but don't be suprised that he will break Flairs record. He had a really good match last year at Summerslam 2013 in terms of actually losing yes he did lose clean but still the inbuilt excuse. Cena has to be one of the worse people for not putting people over. I think Taker, Shawn & Hogan are not even on his level.

All we need is a stip match between Rollins and Ambrose for the case........Ambrose wins then cashes in against lesner, although he would probably cash it in during a heyman promo rather than after lesner finished a match........would suit his character.......

Seems like Ambrose will be off TV for a while my friend says he's filming some cop film and good angle last night to take him off TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Jaysus will you use multi-quote!

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Jaysus will you use multi-quote!

Sorry just prefer to answer people individually lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

MrLucidLJ wrote: »
    Because you lose to a guy doesn't mean you put them over, there is more into it. He has to sell and make the other guy look better. I can say he put Lesnar over pretty big the other night. Lets look at the men you mentioned. Even with his matches with Punk he still never reached 1 guy in the company as he was a midcard champion defending only at 4 PPVs as the actually main event while Cena eclipsed the main event took about 7 or 8 of them. Sheamus is a midcard and while Cena lost to him can you really say Sheamus benefited back in 2010 from the dodgy wins he got?
    Edge is another weird one he was red hot back in 2006 but after the cash in at NYR 2006 then had to drop the title back to Cena at Rumble 2006 then didn't even have the title match at the main event of Mania 22. Yet again did he really put him over? Van Dam you can argue because of the really good main event at ONS 2006 and actually seemed to lose clean, but WWE were forced to do that because the fans would have gone mental if he won. Orton is another weird one might say hes the only real star on here who is still up there. Del Rio not really think he lost a last man standing dodgy thats about it.
    Rock came back to do business, you know the way WWE promotes Cena as the best of all time, so they had to let Rock win the first match only to set up the 2nd. They revolve things around Cena a 15 time champion is pure mental I though HHH was bad at 13 but don't be suprised that he will break Flairs record. He had a really good match last year at Summerslam 2013 in terms of actually losing yes he did lose clean but still the inbuilt excuse. Cena has to be one of the worse people for not putting people over. I think Taker, Shawn & Hogan are not even on his level.

The thing to remember here though is that Cena is WWE's top face and has been for a long long time now - a lot of guys have come into the top face role and have gone but Cena has been constantly there as a top face that WWE can depend on whether people like that fact or not. The times that he has put guys over very cleanly (Bryan, RVD, Rock, and I would argue Punk) and made them look superior was when the opponent was also a face.

When up against heel opponents (with the exception of Lesnar who is a monster heel coming off breaking the Undertaker's streak), I agree that he hasn't put them over cleanly and made them look better. But the question is why would he? Surely it makes more sense for the heels to win in a screwy manner and have the top babyfaces trying to win fair against all the odds?

Advertisement