Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2nd fix plumbing

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

sky6 wrote: »
    If you do go with the pump get a vessel also put in. Otherwise every time someone opens a tap the pump will come on. Drive you mad after a while especially during the night.

I have a boiler house attached onto house so I could put pump out there I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

In the meantime I was talking to someone else and they said to supply downstairs with a gravity fed system from tank and supply upstairs with a negative head pump. Dont really understand this tbh.

he was prob saying do a gravity fed system and then bring the hots and colds into a pump and boost from there..if your going for pressurized system put the pump in the boilerhouse.good pressure and you wont hear it running too.
    no harm to put the toilets off a gravity feed so the pump isnt kicking on and off for them

Plumbing coming along well. Manifolds connected, cylinder installed and radiators connected. Boiler arriving tomorrow. I went for the Grant Vortex in the end. I am currently wiring the heating control system.

I am surprised at the cost of materials. I originally had a budget of €2500 allocated however we are now close to €4000 excluding bathroom ware and stove.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

Be careful with the stove if your zoning the heating, could be dangerous. You have to make sure the stove can disperse the heat with all motorized valves closed!!!

Froststop wrote: »
    Be careful with the stove if your zoning the heating, could be dangerous. You have to make sure the stove can disperse the heat with all motorized valves closed!!!

Not installing a stove with a back boiler so don't need to worry about that. Thanks anyway.

Not installing a stove with a back boiler so don't need to worry about that. Thanks anyway.

Same rules apply with a back boiler!

Froststop wrote: »
    Same rules apply with a back boiler!

I am not connecting the stove to the heating system.

I am not connecting the stove to the heating system.

Sorry got threads mixed up.

Advertisement