Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golf Betting Log

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I wouldn't say its nerves myself but he is just someone that likes to express his emotions, I am finding him very enjoyable to watch (it helps having him at 60s though)

Well I've 30 EW at 40's so I'll even be happy with a place.

Typical

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

fangee wrote: »
    Nice one. Thanks for the info. Somebody was saying yesterday that he looked like a bundle of nerves. I hope he holds it together.

Well I didn't say that,I said he's very highly strung so tbh I can still see a big collapse.
    In fairness he looks good atm

Well I didn't say that,I said he's very highly strung so tbh I can still see a big collapse.
    In fairness he looks good atm

Yeah. Grand. It wasn't a pop. I'm not able to watch it so I was just reading what's happening on here. I've never seen him play in person so I just took it from what you (or somebody) said that he looked a nervous wreck. No biggie. Just hope he holds it together.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

2 shot lead going into the final day, hoffman missed a good birdie chance to go one behind after a fantastic bunker shot

• Advertisement

2 shot lead going into the final day, hoffman missed a good birdie chance to go one behind after a fantastic bunker shot

He only has that little Furyk to worry about. If he holds his nerve. I had Snedeker about 3 years ago at 33/1. Going into the last round he was 6 clear and was trading at 1/12. I didn't lay him off. He shot about 12 over through the first 9. Not sure he even finished top 10. I'm gonna hold my nerve again. Stupid or not ?

He only has that little Furyk to worry about. If he holds his nerve. I had Snedeker about 3 years ago at 33/1. Going into the last round he was 6 clear and was trading at 1/12. I didn't lay him off. He shot about 12 over through the first 9. Not sure he even finished top 10. I'm gonna hold my nerve again. Stupid or not ?

Am letting mine ride but its only 1pt (€5) win and just checked the cash out option on betfair there and it offering me 23pts.

i think if he shoots -3 tomorrow he wins it

squeeky bum time for Horshell, the calvalry are coming after him big time!!

Laird is having some round!

ah fuck!!!

Disappointed after after last weeks final round, on the saturday I taught i would be going into the 1st major of the year in profit. But thats golf betting for ya and all it takes is one winner to turn things around. It hasnt stopped me having a decent go at thing this weekend. Although with a couple of them i might trade out the get my stakes back if they trade low enough.

First round Leader
    2pt win R. Fowler @65.0
    0.5 win D. Lynn @182.0

Outright
    6pt E/W P. Mickelson @11/1 paying 7 places
    4pt E/W D. Johnson @ 33/1 paying 7 places
    1pt E/w K.J. Choi @100/1 paying 7 places
    2pt win L. Donald @48.0
    1pt win W. Simpson @95.0
    0.5pt win J. Merrick @370.0
    0.5pt win C. Petterson @410.0
    0.5pt win D. Lynn @570

Outlay 29pts

current balance -74.5pts

• Advertisement

Right.

I have fancied Tiger for several months and I'm on at 13/2 since November.

I would normally have a couple of savers but I just don't see the point this time round.

Phil is the only other person I'd have an EW bet on as he loves it and is an unpredictable nutter but I don't think he can do it for 4 days.

As I go through the field I'm just putting lines through players.

For example, Dustin Johnson just can't win this event and should be 300/1 not 30/1.

Lee Westwood should be good round here but we all know he lacks the bottle.

Stricker and Snedeker would have been on my radar but have had recent injuries.

Kuchar will only win if left out in front. I don't like his lack of killer instinct/bottle.

I just think that nobody will touch Tiger.

Gimme a player and I'll give you my reason as to why I don't think he can win.

Garcia - bottle and putter.

Schwartzel has been in form but now seems to be running out of it.

Rory may give Tiger a run but it's unlikely with his current form/head space. Although at least he did hit some form last week but I don't think he'll do it over 4 days.

I just think that over the last 3 years it's been more unpredictable. Nobody stands out as bringing in good form or momentum this year.

I know there are a few players who MIGHT hit form this weekend and ARE capable of winning a Major ( Oosthuizen, Donald,Rory) but why take the risk.

Tiger must be one of the safest EW bets for a long long time ?

I laid Lynn for 2pts when he went short earlier on just to get something back

But I also added westwood 2pt win W/O Woods @25/1

Just added

2pt win on Stricker approximately @49.0

Just added

2pt win on Stricker approximately @49.0

he hit 14.5 and i was gona lay my stake back but decided not to bother, he then goes and double bogies the last with a 3 putt :mad:

First round Leader
    2pt win R. Fowler @65.0
    0.5 win D. Lynn @182.0 layed back for 2pts

Outright
    6pt E/W P. Mickelson @11/1 paying 7 places
    4pt E/W D. Johnson @ 33/1 paying 7 places - +1 needs a big round to sneak a place
    1pt E/w K.J. Choi @100/1 paying 7 places - +2 needs a miracle to get placed
    2pt win L. Donald @48.0
    1pt win W. Simpson @95.0
    0.5pt win J. Merrick @370.0
    0.5pt win C. Petterson @410.0
    0.5pt win D. Lynn @570
    westwood 2pt win W/O Woods @25/1 - outside chance
    2pt win on Stricker approximately @49.0 - outside chance

how i stand going into tomorrow

Balance after the master -76.5pts

Just small interest this weekend.

Open de espana
    Lowry 1pt win @ 48.0
    kjeldson 0.4pt win @130.0
    Havret 0.4pt win @150.0

RBC Heritage
    Donald 2pt win @17.5
    Cauley 1pt win @120.0
    Horshel 0.4pt win @55.0
    Gay 0.4pt win @65.0
    Kohles 0.4pt win @200.0

This weeks outlay 6pts

Current Balance -82.5pts

nightmare start to the weekend for both for lowry and cauley

just in from work/football to a nice suprise as i added these this morning:

1pt win on jaquelin @18.5
    1pt win on Uhlien @25.0

how many chances does jacquelin need for gods sake, considering cashing out next time he has a putt to win it, if he get another chance that is!!

get in!!!

• Advertisement

balance was -84.5

After commission Jacqueline returned +18pts

Balance after the open de espana -66.5

Finally moving the right direction

Donald is making a nice early charge in the heritage so some interest there

am also gona add:
    jerry kelly 1pt win @95.0

just for a bit of interest

fancy Simpson to win it but he is too short for my liking

Balance now -67.5

added

1pt win simpson @5.5

just in from work/football to a nice suprise as i added these this morning:

1pt win on jaquelin @18.5
    1pt win on Uhlien @25.0

So you didn't post these up until he was nearly over the line ?

Is that not called after timing ?

So you didn't post these up until he was nearly over the line ?

Is that not called after timing ?

This is a log for me to track my own progress throughout the year, sometimes i dont get the chance to post up straight away as i have a life as well. I have done this previous with losing bets aswell and with in running betting the odds can fluctuate very quickly so no i would not call it after timing as the event was running for another few hours after my post which i put up as soon as i got in from football.

If you dont like it, dont read the thread its really that simple.

This is a log for me to track my own progress throughout the year, sometimes i dont get the chance to post up straight away as i have a life as well. I have done this previous with losing bets aswell and with in running betting the odds can fluctuate very quickly so no i would not call it after timing as the event was running for another few hours after my post which i put up as soon as i got in from football.

Yeah.

Blatant after timing so.

i hate aftertiming but the reason i didn't comment is because the thread was started by yourself.
    If it had been in the general tipping thread i may have lashed ya alright.
    I think you and i need to get involved with the 'ignore' button where 'fan gee'
    is concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Fwiw I don't think this is aftertiming in the slightest. He is updating his log ffs.He's bound to have trouble updating as he bets its very hard to do instantly all the time.
    Fangee try it yourself, then you’ll see how hard it can be to keep everything up to the minute in date.

OP I don't always agree with your selections or strategy, but it's always a good read. GL with it

Just 1 so far for me this week.
    I'm keeping the faith with Luke Guthrie @80/1,missed cut last week does not bother me,this kid will come good this year.

• Advertisement

Cheers lads

Regarding Guthrie i do think he is capable of a win this year but i have given him enough chances do so for me. Saying that this tournie seems to suit irregular/rookie winners.

Advertisement