Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Memorable Movie/TV Quotes!!!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Bart escapes the church by umping through the window.

2 seconds later, Homer:
    "Quick, he's headed for the window"

:D

Peep show has a few great quotes as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

"Look at this...f*c*in wrinkles like an old ladies c**t"

Paulie Walnuts The Soprano's

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=s8VGy4oLl5E&feature=related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Narrator: "It is the third millenium. The world has changed. Climate, Nations, all were in upheaval. the Earth transformed into a poisonous, scorched dessert, known as "The Cursed Earth". The world's population has crowded into a few Megacities, where it created a voilence so powerful, the justice system could not control. Law as we knew it, colapsed. From the decay, rose a new order, a new style of justice enforcers. They were the police, jury and executioner all in one. They were, The Judges".

This is the opening sequence of Judge Dredd (1995) as spoken by the Narrator (James Earl Jones). I love the Judge Dredd movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    every single line Arnie has said!

some examples:

[Last Action Hero]
    John Practice: How do you get to Carnegie Hall?
    Jack Slater: By practice. John Practice!

[Total Recall]
    Benny: Hey, Quaid! I'm gonna squash you!
    Douglas Quaid: Benny! Here!
    Benny: [shouts] Where the fu.ck are you?
    Douglas Quaid: [killing him with a large drill] Screw you!

(as Michael Ironside's arms get cut off by the lift)
    Douglas Quaid: See you at the party Richter!

[Commando ... pretty much every line in this film]
    Matrix: Keep an eye out, they'll be coming. You're downwind, the air currents might tip them off
    Jackson: Downwind?
    [looks at Matrix like he's crazy]
    Jackson: You think I could smell them coming?
    Matrix: I did.

[As Matrix drops Sully over the cliff]
    Cindy: What happened to Sully?
    Matrix: I let him go.

[Matrix has thrown a pipe through Bennett]
    Matrix: Let off some steam, Bennett.

sooooo many more :D

You forgot the best one from Commando.

"Hey Sully, remember when I told you I was going to kill you last?"
    "Yeah."
    "I lied!"
    [Drops him off the side of a cliff.]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

"i've...seen things that you people wouldn't believe..."

"how could you shoot women and children?"
    " easy, you just don't lead 'em so much..ha ha...ain't war hell?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

My favourite line ever from They Live:
    "I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum - and I'm all outa bubblegum!"

Johnny Cage: Hey, pal! When the ship comes in, could you put these on board?
    Liu Kang: You want ME to carry YOUR luggage?
    Johnny Cage: Yeah. I pay money, you carry the bags, or is that too complicated?
    Liu Kang: No...
    I]Liu Kang takes money out of Cage's hand[/I
    Liu Kang: ...I got it.
    Johnny Cage: Good.
    I]Liu Kang picks up a suitcase and throws it in the water, then smiles at Cage while walking away[/I
    Johnny Cage: I]Cage watches his suitcase sink[/I
    Johnny Cage: Well, thank God I didn't ask him to park the car...

Mortal Kombat (1995) Johnny Cage (Linden Ashby) and Liu Kang (Robin Shou) before departing by boat to Shang Tsung's island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

"Bloody Americans, they've even managed to vulgarise ice cream".
    Maggie Smith in Tea With Mussolini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Nightcrawler: Excuse me? They say you can imitate anybody, even their voice.
    Mystique: (as Nightcrawler) Even their voice.
    Nightcrawler: Then why not stay in disguise all the time? You know, look like everyone else.
    Mystique: Because we shouldn't have to.

X-Men 2 (2003)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gadfly

From Leon - The Professional:

Mathilda: Is life always this hard, or just when you're a kid?

Leon: Always like this.

• Advertisement

Captain Steven Hiller: I]after crashing the alien spaceship by the Grand Canyon[/I *That's* what you get! Ha Ha! Look at you! Ya ship's all banged up!
    I]shouts[/I
    Captain Steven Hiller: Who's the man? Huh? Who's the man? Wait till I get another plane! I'm a line ya friends up right beside you! Where ya at, huh? Where ya at?
    I]Hiller opens the spaceship, the alien screams, Hiller smacks him in the head[/I
    Captain Steven Hiller: I]beat[/I Welcome to earth.

Will Smith in Independence Day (1996)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Samuel L Jackson-

Jackie Browne- AK-47, the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively, got to kill every mother****er in the room, accept no substitutes.”

Pulp Fiction- ...And, I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers! And, you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!

I've both of those on t-shirts! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

"WHAT IN THE WILD WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS IS A GOIN' ON HERE!!! I HIRED YOU PEOPLE TO TRY AN GET A LITTLE TRACK LAID, NOT TO JUMP AROUND LIKE A BUNCH OF KANSAS CITY FAGOTS!!!"

Anyone know the movie!?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Revenge of the Nerds - (Booger and Gilbert are discussing Gilbert's girlfriend)

Booger: Big deal! Did you get in her pants?
    Gibert: She's not that kind of girl, Booger.
    Booger: Why? Does she have a penis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

'Get off my plane'

Harrison Ford - Air Force One.

Heroic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Just about every line in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Raoul Duke: We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into locked a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.
    Raoul Duke: How long could we maintain? I wondered. How long until one of us starts raving and jabbering at this boy? What will he think then? This same lonely desert was the last known home of the Manson family; will he make that grim connection when my attorney starts screaming about bats and huge manta rays coming down on the car? If so, well, we'll just have to cut his head off and bury him somewhere, 'cause it goes without saying that we can't turn him loose. He'd report us at once to some kind of outback Nazi law enforcement agency and they'll run us down like dogs. Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?
    Raoul Duke: Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?
    Voice of Drug Film Narrator: Know your dope fiend. You will not be able to see his eyes because of tea shades, but his knuckles will be white from inner tension and his pants will be crusted with semen from constantly jacking off when he can't find a rape victim.
    Raoul Duke: There's a uh, big machine in the sky, some kind of, I dunno, electric snake, coming straight at us.
    Dr. Gonzo: Shoot it.
    Raoul Duke: Not yet, I want to study its habits.
    Highway Patrolman: May I have a little kiss before you go? I'm very lonely here.

My fav:
    Raoul Duke: Well? What are your plans?
    Dr. Gonzo: Plans?
    Raoul Duke: The child in the bedroom.
    Dr. Gonzo: Oh, Lucy. I met her on the plane. Yeah, she's a religious freak. I gave her a cap before I realized... Jesus, she's never even had a drink before.
    Raoul Duke: Well... It'll probably work out. We can keep her loaded and peddle her ass at the drug convention. Yeah. She's perfect for this gig. These cops will go fifty bucks a head to beat her into submission and then gang **** her. We can set her up in one of these back street motels, hang pictures of Jesus all over the room, then turn these ****ing pigs loose on her. Hell, she's strong, man. She'll hold her own.
    Dr. Gonzo: Jesus Christ. I knew you were sick but I never expected to hear you actually say that kind of stuff, you filthy bastard.
    Raoul Duke: Straight economics man. This girl is a God-send. ****, she can make us a grand a day.
    Dr. Gonzo: That's ugly, man. Stop talking like that.
    Raoul Duke: I figure she can do about four at a time. If we keep her full of acid that's more like two grand a day. Maybe three.
    Dr. Gonzo: Hold on, man. What if I just jump you and beat the dog **** out of you? Would that make you feel better? You filthy bastard.
    Raoul Duke: Alright listen to me. In a few hours, she'll probably be sane enough to work herself into some kind of towering Jesus-based rage at the hazy recollection of being seduced by some kind of cruel Samoan who fed her liquor and LSD, dragged her to a Vegas hotel room and then savagely penetrated every orifice in her little body with his throbbing, uncircumcised member.
    Dr. Gonzo: That's so ugly, man!
    Raoul Duke: ****. Truth hurts.
    Dr. Gonzo: That's, argh! Argh! That's argh! Argh! That's argh!
    Raoul Duke: Argh!
    Dr. Gonzo: I wanted to help her, man.
    Dr. Gonzo: Well, you'll go straight to the gas chamber for this one. And even if you manage to beat that, they'll still send you back to Nevada for rape and consensual sodomy. She's got to go.
    Dr. Gonzo: ****. It doesn't pay to try to help someone these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Francisco Cindino: Cy...
    Cyrus Grissom: ...onara!

Cyrus Grissom
    : Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. I have the only gun on board. Welcome to Con Air.

Cyrus Grissom
    : Considering my audience, I'm going to make this very quick and very simple.
    I]points to objects in the sand[/I
    Cyrus Grissom: This is the boneyard, this is the hanger, this is our plane.
    Viking: I]points[/I What's that?
    Cyrus Grissom: That's a rock.
    I]knocks it out of the way[/I
    Viking: Okay.

Local cop: We got a problem here with a corpse.
    Larkin: Uh-huh.
    Local cop: Yeah, it fell outta the sky. I don't think he's an astronaut.
    Larkin: What's this got to do with me?
    Local cop: It's got your name written all over it.

Con Air

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Darragh29 wrote: »
    "WHAT IN THE WILD WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS IS A GOIN' ON HERE!!! I HIRED YOU PEOPLE TO TRY AN GET A LITTLE TRACK LAID, NOT TO JUMP AROUND LIKE A BUNCH OF KANSAS CITY FAGOTS!!!"

Anyone know the movie!?!?!

Blazin saddles of course

and the fear and loathing quotes were missing my favourite;

"Don't take any guff from these f**king swine! "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Sex Panther, its made from real panthers.
    60% of the time, it works every time.

I'm gonna kick you in the ovaries.

Where'd you get a hand grenade from?

I stabbed a guy in the heart with a trident.

I love lamp

You have bad hair.

-all the best from Anchorman!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 jan_kowalski

My fav one is from Scarface movie:

"I neva f**ked anybody over in my life, who didn't have it comin' to 'im, you got that? All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one, jou understand?"

(Tony to Sosa)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭johnboysligo

History of Time Part 1
    Moses: The Lord, the Lord Jehovah has given unto you these fifteen...
    [drops one of the tablets]
    Moses: Oy! Ten! Ten commandments for all to obey!

Narrator: See: Hitler on Ice!

Marcus Vindictus: [lifts sword] Goodbye, head!
    Comicus: [grabs Marcus's sword arm] Hello, balls!
    [kicks Marcus in the groin]

King Louis XVI: Knight jumps queen! Bishop jumps queen! Pawns jump queen! *Gangbang*!

Blazing Saddles
    [the Johnsons load their guns and point them at Bart. Bart then points his own pistol at his head]
    Bart: [speaking in a low voice] Hold it! Next man makes a move, the ****** gets it!
    Olson Johnson: Hold it, men. He's not bluffing.
    Dr. Sam Johnson: Listen to him, men, he's just crazy enough to do it!
    Bart: [low voice] Drop it! Or I swear I'll blow this ******'s head all over this town!
    Bart: [now speaking in a higher voice] Oh, lo'dy, lo'd, he's desp'it! Do what he sayyyy, do what he sayyyy...
    [the Johnsons drop their guns. Bart jams the gun into his neck and drags himself through the crowd and towards the station]
    Harriett Van Johnson: Isn't anybody going to help that poor man?
    Dr. Sam Johnson: Hush, Harriet, that's a sure way to get him killed!
    Bart: [higher voice] Oooh! He'p me, he'p me! Somebody he'p me! He'p me! He'p me! He'p me!
    Bart: [lower voice] Shut up!
    [Bart places his hand over his own mouth, drags himself through the door into his office]
    Bart: Ooh, baby, you are so talented! And they are so DUMB!

Bart: Are we awake?
    Jim: We're not sure. Are we... black?
    Bart: Yes, we are.
    Jim: Then we're awake... but we're very puzzled.

Taggart: I got it. I got it.
    Hedley Lamarr: You do?
    Taggart: We'll work up a "Number 6" on 'em.
    Hedley Lamarr: "Number 6"? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that one...
    Taggart: Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a whampin' and whompin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.
    Hedley Lamarr: You spare the women?
    Taggart: NAW. We rape the **** out of them at the Number 6 Dance later on.
    Hedley Lamarr: Marvelous.

[at the campfire]
    Lyle: How 'bout more beans, Mr. Taggart?
    Taggart: [fans his hat in the air] I'd say you had enough!

and of course not forgetting

Jeeeeeewwwwwwssssss in spaaaaaaaaaaacccee!

Mel Brooks is the best Director/Actor/Writer/Producer ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Grumpy aul' sod

There's two bulls standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, let's say we run down there and **** one of them cows". The older one says: "No son. Lets walk down and **** 'em all

colors 1988
    Sean Penn
    Robert Duvall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

FIGHT CLUBBBBBBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yup, the whole movie!!
    starting from "this is your life ending one minute at a time" by Ed Norton to "where is my head" by the Pixies!!

Miranda: What happened?
    Mrs. Doubtfire: He was quite fond of the drink. It was the drink that killed him.
    Miranda: He was an alcoholic?
    Mrs. Doubtfire: No, he was hit by a Guinness truck

One of my favourites :D.

Mrs Doubtfire (1993) Robin Williams and Sally Field. I love that movie. Can't wait for the sequel (they are working on it right now).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

"What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup,Heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie, sausage roll."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 glasgowghirl

The guy I'm seeing has the funkiest tasting spunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 glasgowghirl

Phew! Thank God I posted that on the right thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Mayor Barkley: Entering without a search warrant, destroying property, arson, sexual assault with a concrete dildo...?

Frank Drebin is emptying out his files after being kicked off the force]
    Frank: Hey! The missing evidence in the Kelner case! My God, he really was innocent!
    Ed: He went to the chair two years ago, Frank.
    Frank: Well, uh...
    [Frank Drebin quickly shoves the evidence back into the file cabinet]

Mama Boucher: Bobby, deh ever catch dat gorilla that busted outa da zoo and punched you in da eye?
    Bobby Boucher: No Mama, the search continues.

Kathy Bates and Adam Sandler in The Waterboy (1998)

Everytime I remember that, it has me in stitches. :D

Advertisement