Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a little lotto goes a long way

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

bluewolf wrote: »
    Seriously? Are your legs broken?

No I can walk perfectly fine. A huge amount of the republics population will get in their vehicle to go shopping even if it is just a 5 minute walk down the road.
    Or do you never leave the house except to get a lotto ticket

Are you asking me personally or just being very bad at trying to implement sarcasism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

tech2 wrote: »
    which equivalates to around to 208 a year which in my case would be one month of rent. Also not taking into account the cost of petrol to get to the shop it would amount to a lot more

so you're broke and can't afford to do the lotto or the petrol to go to the shop to do the lotto in the first place

what lesson have we learn't here??

conclusion 1: if you have no money you can't do the lotto
    conclusion 2: if you don't do the lotto you can't win (if you're not in you can't win)
    conclusion 3: if you can't win you will have no money
    conclusion 4: = conclusion 1

so its a never ending circle

how to fix this problem do the lotto every chance you get (conclusion 3)

is this making sense to anyone?
    lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

tech2 wrote: »
    I can agree with some of your points. If it was spread out so that more people would have a chance of winning less than a million it would make more sense to have a higher number of people well off.

Yeah that's the idea, probably did not express myself very well ;)
    A fairer system, that's it.

lucky-colm wrote: »
    so you're broke and can't afford to do the lotto or the petrol to go to the shop to do the lotto in the first place

No Im financially sound for the short to medium term at the very least
    conclusion 3: if you can't win you will have no money
    conclusion 4: = conclusion 1

Money is there it is up to you to find it. In our current capitalist world it is up to the individual to gain his own success. Lotto is one way of getting credit but in reality its a chancers world and its never going to be a certainty.
    is this making sense to anyone?
    lol:D

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

I won a fiver!

I spent it all in the one place :o

• Advertisement

I won a fiver!

I spent it all in the one place :o

thats the spirit

spread the wealth thats what i say

not like tech there (miser)

get the money out into the economy

with people like you we will spend our way out of this resession (not like tech)

lucky-colm wrote: »
    spread the wealth thats what i say

not like tech there (miser)

get the money out into the economy

with people like you we will spend our way out of this resession (not like tech)

You can spend but my opinion is different. Im not a miser more like a person that feels spending money on air such as the lotto is a waste of cash.

The government take enough money off me through income tax I would make sure I spend in the north for personal gain not in the interests of the country. The recession would not have been as severe as in excess tax only for our incompetent govenment.

so did anyone win?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,280 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

so did anyone win?

yeah, I just have to send my credit card details to a lad in Spain and €300,000 is mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Nope. Got 3 numbers - €5

Too much money really - where will I spend it :p

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    yeah, I just have to send my credit card details to a lad in Spain and €300,000 is mine.

good man, cc me on that email will ya. Just so I can make sure you don't get messed about like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Didnt win a thing this time.

I probably won a fortune but I'm just too lazy to get up and get the ticket out of my mála

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Shop couldnt check my ticket and id have to research how to check the ticket manually (i never do the lotto).

go onto www.lotto.ie and you can enter your numbers and they'll check the last 8 draws for you. Wouldn't waste your time though, the winning ticket is over the other side of my sitting room ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

go onto www.lotto.ie and you can enter your numbers and they'll check the last 8 draws for you. Wouldn't waste your time though, the winning ticket is over the other side of my sitting room ;)

Shows results dated for March :/ nawt for the latest draws.

Sully wrote: »
    Shows results dated for March :/ nawt for the latest draws.

18th april is on the right hand side of the homepage.....

Aye but that check facility is failing me.

Anyway, I didnt win the jackpot. Some fecker in Dublin did. Darn.

I didnt even win that euromillions thing - not a cent. The lady wouldnt consider giving me my money back either :/

Sully wrote: »
    Anyway, I didnt win the jackpot. Some fecker in Dublin did. Darn.

see told ya - twas me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

****, wasn't me..:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

see told ya - twas me!

I love you:)

galwayrush wrote: »
    I love you:)

:p

rarnes1 wrote: »

so how did it go with the guy in spain i hope you didn't get afraid and not send your details cos some mate of yours down the pub said it was a scam. ask him did he ever send his bank details to reputable contact in spain and recieve 300k i bet he will say no. see he will never have any money unlike a smart guy like you who see's an oppurtunity and jumps right in

so go ahead e-mail that guy
    let us know what happens
    and good luck mate
    i can allways say i knew that guy when he had nothin:D

see told ya - twas me!

MAAAAAAAAATE!
    BUDDIEEEEEEEEEEE
    PAAAAAAAAAAL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

I won the lotto last night.....

3 numbers, booooooyah thats €5*, and it's all mine!!!!

*the ticket cost €9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

fair play to the winner..sweet amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I won a €1 scratchcard from €10 spent :( I'm expecting €10k from the scratchcard though!

Some winnings, I would have liked to have seen it spread between 4 or 5 winners though for such a big amount. I'd love if it was a syndicate or something who won.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Imagine the guy who won it tomorrow.
    Crashing his porsche into his work place to get out and soak everyone with champagne at 9 in the morning. No-one needs that kind of distraction in a recession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

The lotto was won last night? I thought it was going to roll over again until wednesday, so i didn't play it. Save my money and put it towards the price of the ticket on wednesday. Ah well, they'll be another time.

• Advertisement

just checked these for my family from the last 2 weeks.. nothing.

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5757/picture2ail.png

just thinking you have the same chance of winning as doing 2 lines of a quickpick and getting the same numbers on both lines.. will still do it next time it breaks 10 million tho.

Advertisement