Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014-15 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeah Aguero is key for me, although I want to wait until the fixtures ease up for City and get harder for United. Rooney could still come good! Also looking at possibly having 3 City players which would be silly atm. GW 5 or 6 seems best. Aguero's not even guaranteed to start the next few games, theres doubts over Costa, Rooney still has the easiest fixtures... and thats only in attack!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

roryc wrote: »
    Probably only annoys those that knee jerked though

I would imagine it annoys those who know the word is being used out of context.

Definitions of the word "knee jerk":
    "A spontaneous, thoughless, predictable and stereotypical reaction to something, usually an opinion or a statement".
    "To react without thinking. To form an opinion without paying attention
    automatic, quick and without thought".
    "an immediate unthinking emotional reaction produced by an event or statement to which the reacting person is highly sensitive; - in persons with strong feelings on a topic, it may be very predictable".

I think you'll struggle to find active users on this forum who make FPL decisions "without thinking".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I made it very clear to people last week that laughing and having a go at your fellow FPL player for a bad run or a poor week is not on. A few people are on my radar.

Final warning about this lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-uniteds-robin-van-persie-4136086

No quotes but may be something for the few of us that went with rvp to worry about.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-uniteds-robin-van-persie-4136086

No quotes but may be something for the few of us that went with rvp to worry about.

I plan to pull him out anyway. The WC punt didn't work. Waiting to see how Studge does today.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    I plan to pull him out anyway. The WC punt didn't work. Waiting to see how Studge does today.
    If fit Ill give him next week. Was worth the punt can downgrade to any player in the game and have some cash left over.

If fit Ill give him next week. Was worth the punt can downgrade to any player in the game and have some cash left over.

Yep I definitely think he was worth the punt. Will downgrade him now though. Don't think I'll bother giving him another week. United look brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

More injury trouble for Sturridge.

https://twitter.com/england/status/507872988642152448

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

jebforever wrote: »

Next up is Aguero....

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

dahat wrote: »
    Next up is Aguero....

Dun Dun Dun...

• Advertisement

Makes Sterling a bit more appealing?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,828 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No way am I touching my transfers til this international break is completely over and a day or 2 has passed.

This is an example here of why you never should. Aguero Barca was one that caught me out last year.

roryc wrote: »
    Makes Sterling a bit more appealing?

And Balotelli at 10.00, generally makes all Pool attackers more appealing.

Sturridge and RVP are two of my strikers decisions decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Glad I did Mata to Sterling and not Rooney to Studge with my transfer earlier in the week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Siem de Jong apparently goosed for potentialy a couple of months according to SSN. Thigh injury.

Newcastle confirm De Jong thigh injury - "Initial indications are that he is likely to be out for a number of months"

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140905/de-jong-suffers-injury_2281670_4123415

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/chelsea/injury-woe-strikes-chelseas-diego-costa-30565468.html
    Chelsea striker Diego Costa has withdrawn from the Spain squad for their European Championship qualifier with Macedonia with a hamstring injury

Round two lads? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭Damien360

Danger781 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/chelsea/injury-woe-strikes-chelseas-diego-costa-30565468.html
    Chelsea striker Diego Costa has withdrawn from the Spain squad for their European Championship qualifier with Macedonia with a hamstring injury

Round two lads? :pac:

Balls. Had him from start

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭Pipjam

Damien360 wrote: »
    Balls. Had him from start

Could be nothing. He was meant to miss six weeks last week.

I have him and Sturrudge and already used my two FT so this could be a nightmare.

• Advertisement

Pipjam wrote: »
    Could be nothing. He was meant to miss six weeks last week.

I have him and Sturrudge and already used my two FT so this could be a nightmare.

ouch.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Until i see costa in crutches, i won't believe it consider a week ago he was out for 6 weeks to 3 months.

Unless confirmed he will be my captain and if he doesn't play my vice captain will do the job.

Reports that Jovetic is injured as well, no idea how serious.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Grand so in essence, all the strikers are out, and we should go 5-4-1

CSF wrote: »
    Grand so in essence, all the strikers are out, and we should go 5-4-1

Falcao is graaaand

Danger781 wrote: »
    Falcao is graaaand

Him only playing like 13 minutes for Colombia doesn't fill me with confidence for this coming week either.

Him only playing like 13 minutes for Colombia doesn't fill me with confidence for this coming week either.

Ye i think I'll stick with RVP this week myself as I have to shift sturridge. In time will do RVP to Falcao when we see the way Utd line up.

Ye i think I'll stick with RVP this week myself as I have to shift sturridge. In time will do RVP to Falcao when we see the way Utd line up.
    That's the plan for me too in terms of not chaining my United players immediately, I'll watch the QPR game and then decide what I do and don't want.

Hopefully Falcao doesn't start, and that decision becomes even further rewarded.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭Pipjam

That's the plan for me too in terms of not chaining my United players immediately, I'll watch the QPR game and then decide what I do and don't want.

Hopefully Falcao doesn't start, and that decision becomes even further rewarded.

People forget too that QPR have a good squad. Some new additions and they've more points from three fixtures than United!

Advertisement