Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Locating someone in Ireland

Options
  • 18-07-2012 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Afternoon all,

Im not really sure if Im posting this in the right place so apologies if not.
    I have a bit of a legal issue and Im looking for some advice or suggestions.

Going back a few years ago I stupidly leant some money to an ex-friend, all this got out of control and it came to the stage where I had to get a solicitor involved.
    We went to issue her with a summons to attend court but she has since moved (From Wexford) so it couldnt be delivered.
    I believe shes gone back to her family home (Dublin or Bray).

What would be the best way to try and find her address ? I have her number but obviously I cant just ring and ask her address as shes avoiding the whole situation.
    Also have a picture of her so I was half thinking of hiring a private investigator to try find her so she can be issued with the summons but without know a general location this would be useless.
    Shes not on facebook either.

Any suggestions would be great....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

im the best internet perv in the world.. send me her details.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

bredmond wrote: »

Also have a picture of her so I was half thinking of hiring a private investigator to try find her.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bredmond

I just might take you up on that ofer Neil !

And yep Cavancrew, its come to that Im afraid. My solicitor has said they have a company that do that for them as well but I need to know the area first and it costs €100 a day too seemingly !!! hence why Im trying to find her myself first

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Legal situation? Yeah sure.

*cough* stalker *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Afternoon all,

Going back a few years ago I stupidly leant some money to an ex-friend, all this got out of control and it came to the stage where I had to get a solicitor involved.
    We went to issue her with a summons to attend court but she has since moved (From Wexford) so it couldnt be delivered.

What would be the best way to try and find her address ? I have her number but obviously I cant just ring and ask her address as shes avoiding the whole situation.
    Also have a picture of her so I was half thinking of hiring a private investigator to try find her so she can be issued with the summons but without know a general location this would be useless.

If you know the area she lives in, ask the postman who delivers in the area,promise him a few quid if he finds out for you.i bet you he will find her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

make up a missing person poster with her pic on it.

put it up around Bray and Dublin with your number on it.

Sorted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Would you not just ring her from a different phone pretending she's won something from a radio show?

Or that your a Guard and she's accused of something in Cork then she'll tell you her address is dublin/Bray?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I had a similar case once, I had to hire the Private Investigater as well as he was too small to look over walls and other tall stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

C'mon OP, how much does she owe ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If you have her name and think she's living at home go around the pubs in the area and ask the old man drinking Guinness about the family name. He'll probably know everyone in the area going back generations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

"I love her and I know that as soon as I have her in a room bound and gagged she'll realise she loves me too."

Yeah right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

C'mon OP, how much does she owe ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

It's not very 2012, but have you tried the Eircom phonebook? It's online and everything now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

The summons is void if it's not delivered in six months, you have to get a new one.

Enough to hire a solicitor, put it that way...bit over 10k and legal expenses so you can see why I had to go down the legal route

Couldnt be any further from a stalker !!! If I never see/hear from her again itll be too soon but its too much money to give up on and going back a few years the parents had to help me out financially due to this cock up !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Enough to hire a solicitor, put it that way...bit over 10k and legal expenses so you can see why I had to go down the legal route

Surely you have some friends in common that know where she is?

10k?

What possessed you to loan that sort of money without a legal contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭kyote00

Is that you Adam (Clayton).....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

does she look like Cameron Diaz by any chance?

i'd say she does cause ye wouldnt have lent an ugly bird that type of money ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

davet82 wrote: »
    does she look like Cameron Diaz by any chance?

i'd say she does cause ye wouldnt have lent an ugly bird that type of money ;)

Cameron Diaz would have been made earn it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Afternoon all,

PM me her name, I will then find her on FB and see if we have any mutual friends. If so I will get in contact with them. If not, I will add several of her friends claiming to be the fat kid with no mates in primary school all those years ago. There is then two options, I could go for it and add her on the book and start talking to her as if we were school buddies or I could ask her mutual friends I've just added some questions about "Fiona", haven't seen her in years! What she doing these days? Is she still living by the butchers in Bray...we'll narrow her whereabouts down to a tee...

I have a signed contract from her and shes admitted to owing me the money in letters and to my solicitor so thats not an issue....the problem is I cant follow through on that now cos shes moved.
    We havent spoken in well over a year.

I had to take it legal because if I hadnt any amount older than 6 years cant be chased through the legal system. By going this route it puts it all on hold.
    The money was lent over a 3-4 year period in total

And I wasnt aware that if it wasnt issues within 6 months that a new one had to be raised.

The solicitor messed up a bit as well as there hasnt been a court messagner in Wexford for years and they werent aware of this when we were initially going down that route etc, pain in the hole really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Cameron Diaz would have been made earn it

Wise with the force, you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

post her photo on her and lets see if any of us recognise her, might narrow the area down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

I wish she looked like Diaz !!!!! - far from it !!!!
    Yes we did start off by having a physical relationship but it was usually because I knew I could at the end of the night as bad as that may sound.
    Dont have any time foe her now at all, she got vicious when I didnt want to any more, had 89 missed calls off her one day - BUNNY BOILER !!!!
    Just another reason I avoided her...

Shes been on holidays, moved from a flat to a house, changed her cars and was going out the whole time so I felt fairly hard done by if Im honest when she wasnt making an effort to pay

Id hardly be allowed to post a picture of her would I like suggested ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Honestly. Probably try facebook :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I wish she looked like Diaz !!!!! - far from it !!!!
    Yes we did start off by having a physical relationship but it was usually because I knew I could at the end of the night as bad as that may sound.
    Dont have any time foe her now at all, she got vicious when I didnt want to any more, had 89 missed calls off her one day - BUNNY BOILER !!!!
    Just another reason I avoided her...

Shes been on holidays, moved from a flat to a house, changed her cars and was going out the whole time so I felt fairly hard done by if Im honest when she wasnt making an effort to pay
    So you were paying her for sex and now you want a refund and are looking at getting a PI to find her?

And she's the bunny boiler?
    Id hardly be allowed to post a picture of her would I like suggested ???
    No.

Advertisement