Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A day out in court

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Say in on one where a Garda was caught telling porkies, was very funny. Another where a young adult trouble maker was absolutely shamed by the judge as his mammy had to pay his fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

Say in on one where a Garda was caught telling porkies, was very funny. Another where a young adult trouble maker was absolutely shamed by the judge as his mammy had to pay his fine.
    I am not one of those f**k the police idiots. But when this happens, i think charges or at least disciplinary proceedings should be brought on the guard. If a citizen lies in court they are vulnerable to be charged with contempt, but i think it's more serious for a guard to lie in order to convict somebody

I also think Judges should be votes in by the people at the local elections. That would get rid of the soft touches that leave all the scumbags off. Maybe it would push the government to deal with sentencing and the prison service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I saw a few hours of a murder trial in the Four Courts. Mr Justice Barry White was the presiding judge. The defendant was accused of murdering his wife. He got away with it (I say 'got away with it', rather than 'was found not guilty', as he was clearly as guilty as sin).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

RayM wrote: »
    I saw a few hours of a murder trial in the Four Courts. Mr Justice Barry White was the presiding judge. The defendant was accused of murdering his wife. He got away with it (I say 'got away with it', rather than 'was found not guilty', as he was clearly as guilty as sin).

I <3 Justice Barry White. I always imagine that in sentencing, he looks at the convicted and says "what am I gonna do with you?"

Advertisement