Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,278 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Folks, while I understand that having so many local politicians/canvassers at the scene of the crime inevitably may turn the discussion to matters of a political nature, we do have a couple of other threads on the go for that sort of thing. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Talk about poor judgement to turn into a blame Leo opportunity.
    Is Leo the Minister for Communications now?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

daymobrew wrote: »
    Is Leo the Minister for Communications now?

The thought process inside his head appears to be

'Ring 999......can't get through.......999 also for ambulance......ambulances are health......Leo's fault!!!'

"Oi Leo!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

Someone has dumped a lot of rubbish at the entrance to Riverwood on the green beside Luttrelstown

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Someone has dumped a lot of rubbish at the entrance to Riverwood on the green beside Luttrelstown
    On the green between Riverwood Way and Luttrellpark View or at Riverwood Court? See the map here. This is best reported at FixYourStreet.ie. Include photos if you have some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

coolmine area in blanchardstown in a dark coloured volvo saloon license plate <snip> if you see this call the gards..just attempted a break in in the last hour. They were just seen on a roof of a house trying to pry the window open. They set off the alarm and hoped in that car and sped off. At least two males.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

thomasjad wrote: »
    coolmine area in blanchardstown in a dark coloured volvo saloon license plate <snip> if you see this call the gards

Why?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,278 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

No licence plate numbers please. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

Sorry mod for posting the reg plate but adrenaline was rushing through me. We ran the reg plate on motorcheck and it comes back as a black Volvo S60. The garda told us they had received reports of travellers(her words not mine) knocking to doors in the area an hour before.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

An hour before what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

An hour before what?

The attempted break in.

January wrote: »
    The attempted break in.

Oh I see they've added it into the original post now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 The Stand Side

Seen this on social media earlier, from comments believe entry by way of accessing keys through letterbox......

"... though if it can help us recover our car, it's worth a shot...: our house was broken into early this morning (Thurs 25th Feb ) cash, car (Silver Vauxhall Zafira) Reg: 10 D 124775. They stole the plates off one of our neighbours' car which may be on it: 10 D and black xmax scooter stolen. Everyone is OK, thank god. Gards say the car may still be parked in a street in the area. Don't hesitate to contact me if you see a new car parked in your street: a silver Vauxhall Zafira. Son’s hurling gear is in the boot 😉Thanks a mill.
    Cheers Ed <snip> it happen in Hunstown D15"

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

My friends 2002 Toyota vitz auto (jap import) was stolen during night time last week, from Curragh hall crescent, Tyrrelstown. The car was parked in his driveway and house wasn't broken into for the keys. Seems they managed to steal the car with cloned keys probably? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

peaceboi wrote: »
    Seems they managed to steal the car with cloned keys probably? ?

You wouldnt need unique keys for a car like that, screwdriver job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

http://www.thejournal.ie/off-duty-garda-2651905-Mar2016/

which one is castleknock shopping center?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭gutenberg

http://www.thejournal.ie/off-duty-garda-2651905-Mar2016/

which one is castleknock shopping center?

IIRC there's a pharmacy in both the Castlecourt Shopping Centre (the one next to Beechpark Avenue) and in the centre next to the Topaz petrol station, across from Myo's. Hard to know which they mean - perhaps the one next to the garage, as otherwise it might have been referred to as Castlecourt? Hard to say definitively though just from reading the article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

One is called Castlecourt Shopping Centre the other Village Shopping Centre.

AFAIK, there is none is called "Castleknock Shopping Center"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

The assistant Garda commissioners house was burgled and his car stolen in <SNIP> Castleknock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

Not a good idea to give out information where he lives. Besides the info you have provided both law abiding citizens and criminals is incorrect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

The assistant Garda commissioners house was burgled and his car stolen in Castleknock.

Spectacular own goal

horse7 wrote: »
    Not a good idea to give out information where he lives. Besides the info you have provided both law abiding citizens and criminals is incorrect.

Really?

https://twitter.com/IrishSunOnline/status/708200794743410688

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I think saying Castleknock is fine, in general giving out an individuals home address on boards is not considered fair. (I know you didnt give the full address) I dont see the road name in the Sun btw, just Castleknock.

Gaspode wrote: »
    I think saying Castleknock is fine, in general giving out an individuals home address on boards is not considered fair. (I know you didnt give the full address) I dont see the road name in the Sun btw, just Castleknock.

In fairness there is a few hundred houses in the location I mentioned and the article does go on to confirm the location. I don't have the inside page online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Another attempted armed robbery at Dunnes in Ongar yesterday but community Gardai caught them.
    http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/unarmed-community-gardai-arrest-raiders-who-threatened-supermarket-staff-with-gun-and-knife-34536724.html

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MrMaki

athtrasna wrote: »
    Another attempted armed robbery at Dunnes in Ongar yesterday but community Gardai caught them.
    http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/unarmed-community-gardai-arrest-raiders-who-threatened-supermarket-staff-with-gun-and-knife-34536724.html

Looks like it is a national sport now - to rob a dunnes in ongar. How many times it happened so far? 5-6-7?

Not sure if this is the right thread for this or not but I don't think it warrants a thread of it's own......

The other week I noticed there was writing on the car windscreen. Small and in the corner and in pink. Numbers and letters. I'd never noticed it before but it's my mum's car and she only got it new this year so I thought maybe I just never noticed it.

Today I was in Mulhuddart village and was parked along the side of the road there and noticed the car in front of me had pink writing on it's windscreen too, it was bigger and much more obvious though. I remembered then that I had been parked in Mulhuddart the day before I noticed the writing on my car.

Anybody know what this is about? Is it just coincidence? I'm 99.9% sure it wasn't on the windscreen until I left it parked in Mulhuddart village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

The other week I noticed there was writing on the car windscreen. Small and in the corner and in pink. Numbers and letters. I'd never noticed it before but it's my mum's car and she only got it new this year so I thought maybe I just never noticed it.
    Today I was in Mulhuddart village and was parked along the side of the road there and noticed the car in front of me had pink writing on it's windscreen too, it was bigger and much more obvious though. I remembered then that I had been parked in Mulhuddart the day before I noticed the writing on my car.
    Anybody know what this is about? Is it just coincidence? I'm 99.9% sure it wasn't on the windscreen until I left it parked in Mulhuddart village.

I seen a car yesterday at the Hartstown Topaz with similar markings on its alloys??? No Idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Advertisement