Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARist in the spotlight - digger2d2

Options
  • 14-04-2014 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

The next manchild boardsie up is one of the funniest, most popular, and filthy-minded posters on this forum (log here).

He escaped the horrendous boston bombing, and more recently survived double manflu.

He is one half of AR's glamour couple, and takes his daily chickings with the best of grace.

He has redefined how late you can safely start marathon training after a superb sub 4 in london.

Ladies and gentlemen, put your browsers in safe safety mode and give it up for digger2d2!!!

To get us started.....

Why did you start running?

Why did you join sportworld?

There are rumours that London was your 'last' marathon. What are your future running goals?

Top 5 favourite races?

Either you use CL's exfoliating apricot scrub on your face or there is there a painting of you in an attic somewhere in running gear getting older. Which is it?

Raycun's pet rabbit has gone missing. Would you happen to know anything about that?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Were you and Tim Sherwood separated at birth?

Who'd win over 400m between (a) you and CL, (b) you and Brian?

Favourite racing distance?

Are you going to have a crack at the beer mile this year?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

jaysus I could have great craic here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Sweet jesus. Mods are going to be busy for the next week ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Thanks TBB..... The poisoned chalice is mine, all mine, muahaha! ;)

Why did you start running? I had played a lot of sports at a decent level but one of my knees started giving me grief so I stopped and did nothing for about two years and then thought I'd give running a go, as that's easy on your knees right? ;)

Why did you join sportworld? Because the seedlings on the Sisters Pearse track hadn't germinated :D

There are rumours that London was your 'last' marathon. What are your future running goals? TBC when I give it some further thought. Definitely some shorter, faster stuff during the Summer. I might even try-out for being a track fairy!

Top 5 favourite races? The Monaco Grand Prix, The Epsom Derby... Eh, I loved the Conn Ultra although it nearly killed me, obviously I absolutely love the DONADEA 50K ;) DCM is great, Boston, Berlin and London.... Very liucky to have had the chance to run all of them.

Either you use CL's exfoliating apricot scrub on your face or there is there a painting of you in an attic somewhere in running gear getting older. Which is it? Guinness and crisps, both very healthy in their own right, particularly the latter as they grow from the earth ;)

Raycun's pet rabbit has gone missing. Would you happen to know anything about that? No, I've been out of the country or in your back garden :D

Rainman Kirby, thanks for your questions ;)

Were you and Tim Sherwood separated at birth? That's a new one!

Who'd win over 400m between (a) you and CL, (b) you and Brian? (a) I would (b) Brian was always quicker off the mark as evidenced by that big rock you have on your finger... H Samuel must have been doing some deals ;).

Favourite racing distance? 10 metres

Are you going to have a crack at the beer mile this year? Although I hold the Beer Mile World record for a Zombie the answer this year is no, as I think it's an extremely immature activity and belongs on the weather forum.

• Advertisement

TRR wrote: »
    Sweet jesus. Mods are going to be busy for the next week ;)

Almost as busy as your mirror...:D

''Who is the king? TRR is!... LOUDER...Who is the king? TRR IS''!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Donadea - great race or expensive t-shirt?
    Your best ever (running) race performance?
    Any regrets that you didn't start running a couple of decades sooner?
    Masters running - consolation prizes for golden oldies, or a worthwhile endeavour?
    The RQ-180 spy drone, or the MAV 3-DS - which one gives you a better view into theboyblunders garden?

Do you think Liverpool will manage to hold on and win the league?
    Is it true you looked at the male/female ratio of club runners before deciding on sportsworld?
    What do your kids think of your running?
    Would blockic make a good son in law?
    After meno's shannanigans last weekend have you devised a new nickname for him?
    In your opinions what's your strongest/weakest PB?
    What races are on your bucket list?
    For overall experience London or Boston marathon?
    Listening to you trying to explain what you work at is reminiscent to chandler bing trying to describe his job in friends. In layman terms what the hell do you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

"Is it true you looked at the male/female ratio of club runners before deciding on sportsworld?"

Priceless :pac::pac::pac:

Thanks KC...

Donadea - great race or expensive t-shirt? :D Great race and always exactly 50k ;)

Your best ever (running) race performance? Hmmm... A toss up between hammering Meno in a 5k somewhere down in Meath early last year and sniping CL on the line in the Goal Mile at Christmas

Any regrets that you didn't start running a couple of decades sooner? Haha, no, not at all.

Masters running - consolation prizes for golden oldies, or a worthwhile endeavour? I'll reveal my answer when I arrive at that age ;)

The RQ-180 spy drone, or the MAV 3-DS - which one gives you a better view into theboyblunders garden? Neither were necessary,we dug a tunnel and a return to an 8mm drop gave me the perfect extra height I needed to look in his bedroom window from the top rung of the ladder.

• Advertisement

The King asks the questions.....

Do you think Liverpool will manage to hold on and win the league? Very, very happy to be in this position at this point of the season but there's many a slip between cup and nip ;) I can however guarantee Champions League Football next Season :D

Is it true you looked at the male/female ratio of club runners before deciding on sportsworld? Possibly..........

What do your kids think of your running? They think it's great, especially now that I don't talk about it as much as I used to

Would blockic make a good son in law? Yes, decent lad is Blocky

After meno's shannanigans last weekend have you devised a new nickname for him? Finding it tricky to come up with something that will do justice to both the quantity and the area covered by his bug, froth chowder blow!

In your opinions what's your strongest/weakest PB? Good question, then again, you are a Doctor ;) I think my 18:47 5k is my strongest and my weakest is probably 5 mile which I think is around 35 mins (would need CL to check that out)

What races are on your bucket list? Marathon Des Sables, Leadville 100 ;) I don't really have any at the moment, I mean, I had Seville, NY, Chicago and Tokyo in mind but now that I'm not going to unlikely to run a marathon again I'll have to re-think that whole area.

For overall experience London or Boston marathon? I think I preferred Boston but London was certainly way louder from a spectator perspective.

Listening to you trying to explain what you work at is reminiscent to chandler bing trying to describe his job in friends. In layman terms what the hell do you do? Understood, a little like trying to figure out what sort of Doctor you are ;) I manage the Irish customer relationships and P&L's for a global outsourcing company.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

* Do you understand how difficult it is for us to type 'real' questions to you, don't you?

* If you focus on the shorter stuff going fwd - do you think your 18:47 5k could be beaten this summer?
    * How often to you make use of being in a club?
    * more important: prolonging your running mojo (enjoying running) or getting good performances?
    * Nivea or L'Oreal anti aging creams??

Thanks AMK, formerly known as RK...

* Do you understand how difficult it is for us to type 'real' questions to you, don't you? Yes, a little like posting originally on Stazza's log before we knew he was real ;)

* If you focus on the shorter stuff going fwd - do you think your 18:47 5k could be beaten this summer? Yes I can beat it but not sure about this Summer as I'm not sure just how far off I am at the moment. Had a tentative discussion with the coach in the Coal Hole and I might target Rathfarnham next September as the goal 5k

* How often to you make use of being in a club? Very little in the last 12 months but plan on going much more over the Summer

* more important: prolonging your running mojo (enjoying running) or getting good performances? Personally they go hand in hand. I think when I'm in good shape it's all a little easier in training and although racing is bloody tough at least you know you are on your game

* Nivea or L'Oreal anti aging creams?? Guinness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Why are you giving up on marathons?

Favourite run route?

Favourite session?

Favourite beer?

Favourite TBB family moment? :)

Favourite meno DNF?

Dark or white chocolate?

Cheese 'n' onion or salt 'n' vinegar? (sorry RQ - quick or the dead)

Leather or denim? ;)

Saver or spender?

'Ready, aim, fire' or 'Ready, fire, aim'?

ecoli or TRR?

Cheese 'n' onion or salt 'n' vinegar? (sorry RQ - quick or the dead)

You didn't even ask it right :rolleyes: :P

Favourite flavour of crisps?

How's Ray?

Aren't you two due a house move? Which boardsie is next on your hitlist?

Why did you start running? Why did you start with the marathon? Where did you lose the love?

Favourite distance?

What advice would you give a complete newbie runner looking to jump straight into running a marathon?

Cross country season 2014?

What was it like going to school during the war?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

If you were guaranteed to stay niggle and injury free, would you rather be training and playing football / golf like Handsome Dave instead of running?

In light of the superb sub4 in London; will you be tasting from the TRR set menu or the A-lan-carte going forward?

GENUINELY can you cope with how the tables have turned between us running wise?

Liverpool or Guinness:- you have give up supporting one or the other?

Favourite pair of runners out of the 56 pairs on the spare room floor?

Biggest waste of money out of the 56 pairs of trainers on the spare room floor?

6 miles recovery run versus 2 mile session?

Where do crisps come from?

Are there carbs in brown rice?

Will you marry me?

claralara wrote: »

Will you marry me?

Gave yourself away there Digs. You almost had us.

Gave yourself away there Digs. You almost had us.

I reckon its CL alright - only a woman would know how many pairs of runners and make a man choose between a football team & drink.

Greatest Liverpool player of all time?
    Worst Liverpool player of all time?
    Best Irish international to ever play for Liverpool?
    Favourite position .......................... as a player (soccer not bedroom player ;))
    You have a kinky penchant for robbing hoodies and ziptops from claralara's younger sister! What's your end game? Have you progressed to underwear?
    Are you looking forward to clarlara's debs this Autumn?
    Dublin 24, yay or nay?
    Favourite place to go for a run?
    Favourite piece of running kit?
    Burdocks or the Borza?
    McDonalds or Burger king?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

claralara wrote: »
    Will you marry me?

You mean you folks arent married?

Digger, CL is lovely, but its not too late to find yourself a slower bird ;)

Just sayin'.....

• Advertisement

Bruce Grobbellaarreerreerr: Goalkeeping legend or gimp of the highest order?

Best L'pool player you wished was Irish?

Meno or MS?

Favourite holiday destination?

Boards A/R goto logs?

Don't get greedy TBB ;)

Why are you giving up on marathons? I hate LSR's

Favourite run route? Don't think I have one TBB TBH

Favourite session? Anything where Meno doesn't puke at the end of it

Favourite beer? Guinness

Favourite TBB family moment? When you sent the kids to bed so you guys could watch the pilot of Homeland ;)

Favourite meno DNF? There are so many but I think London tops them

Dark or white chocolate? Neither, don't really like chocolate

Cheese 'n' onion or salt 'n' vinegar? (sorry RQ - quick or the dead) C&O

Leather or denim? Denim at the front, leather at the back ;)

Saver or spender? Spender, life is short

'Ready, aim, fire' or 'Ready, fire, aim'? The former

ecoli or TRR? Tough choice, ecoli has such healing hands but TRR has that big vein in his head

At your service dark-sider...

Favourite flavour of crisps? Lightly salted

How's Ray? On his way up the stairs to put more seed in the hot press

Aren't you two due a house move? Which boardsie is next on your hitlist? Hopefully not, but, now that you know where we live then.... CL

Why did you start running? Why did you start with the marathon? Where did you lose the love? Just did... I didn't, started with 5k.... Boston broke me

Favourite distance? 10 metres

What advice would you give a complete newbie runner looking to jump straight into running a marathon? I'd say to her, stand in front of the fridge before you introduce yourself to me

Cross country season 2014? No

What was it like going to school during the war? Smokey

Answering your questions oh lucky one... ;)

If you were guaranteed to stay niggle and injury free, would you rather be training and playing football / golf like Handsome Dave instead of running? I'd rather be with his missus :D

In light of the superb sub4 in London; will you be tasting from the TRR set menu or the A-lan-carte going forward? By and large I'll follow his advice. I should follow it 100% but I'm flawed ;)

GENUINELY can you cope with how the tables have turned between us running wise? Not really, obviously delighted you've progressed so well and that I've been largely responsible for said transformation but I'm even being chicked running up the fookin stairs!!

Liverpool or Guinness:- you have give up supporting one or the other? It would have to be Guinness

Favourite pair of runners out of the 56 pairs on the spare room floor? Nike Lunaracer 2's

Biggest waste of money out of the 56 pairs of trainers on the spare room floor? Half of them :D

6 miles recovery run versus 2 mile session? 2 mile session

Where do crisps come from? The Earth

Are there carbs in brown rice? Yes, obviously!? :rolleyes:

Will you marry me? Hahahaha....Of course

digger2d2 wrote: »

Will you marry me? Of course

Steak or Salmon?

Thanks TRR....

Greatest Liverpool player of all time? Probably Steven Gerrard at this stage imo

Worst Liverpool player of all time? Toss up between Traore and Konchesky

Best Irish international to ever play for Liverpool? Ronnie

Favourite position .......................... as a player (soccer not bedroom player ;)) Centre Forward

You have a kinky penchant for robbing hoodies and ziptops from claralara's younger sister! What's your end game? Have you progressed to underwear? Nope, playing hard-to-get ;)

Are you looking forward to clarlara's debs this Autumn? :D

Dublin 24, yay or nay? Ah yeh, apart from The Tanning Cove

Favourite place to go for a run? The toilet

Favourite piece of running kit? My Achill buff thing

Burdocks or the Borza? Borza

McDonalds or Burger king? Mickey D's

Steak or Salmon? Definitely steak Al

Thanks AMK..

Bruce Grobbellaarreerreerr: Goalkeeping legend or gimp of the highest order? Loved him at the time but....

Best L'pool player you wished was Irish? John Aldridge :D

Meno or MS? Tough choice, a hot tanned bird or a pain in the hole who talks about boxing all the time :D;)

Favourite holiday destination? So far, probably Lake Garda

Boards A/R goto logs? My own ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Favourite pub?
    Who is Quasimodo?
    red lipstick - lady of the night or sophisticated trend setter
    do you cook and if so favourite dish?
    How often have you watched CL undress meno?
    Can you read a map?
    If someone gave you €1 million to spend in 1 week on anything but property, what would you buy?
    Where you involved in the 1916 rising?

• Advertisement

So Gavlor...

Favourite pub? The Spinnaker in Dunmore East ;)

Who is Quasimodo? I still don't know but I have a hunch I'll find out.

red lipstick - lady of the night or sophisticated trend setter? The latter but I've nothing against h0okers or red lipstick

do you cook and if so favourite dish? Yep, used to quite a lot, whole stuffed roasted sea bass, rosemary cubed potatoes but don't get too much time these days so tends to be quick and easy

How often have you watched CL undress meno? Only once, but, once is quite enough thank you ;)

Can you read a map? I could but I don't

If someone gave you €1 million to spend in 1 week on anything but property, what would you buy? World peace

Where you involved in the 1916 rising? I've been involved in quite a few risings but not that one :D;)

Advertisement