Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Mangan's World Run

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    Is there a map of his route anywhere to be found? I'd love to do a few miles with him

There is a basic route done but as I said in my previous post it does change day to day depending on how he is feeling and traffic conditions etc.

This weeks provisional route is as follows Buncranna-> Bally Bofey today

Then its onto Ballintra tomorrow follwed by Sligo->Tubbercurry->Dunmore->Galway

Again if anyone wants to run, cycle or walk (his pace is slow atm) best contact Siobhan Clifford on siobhan.theworldjog@gmail.com as she is driving the support car.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Good stuff, I see he's doing Waterford to Kilkenny on a Saturday.
    Old N9 is a grand road to run on,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Tony is in Ennis at the moment and I ran with him and Keith Whyte last night two pure gents. We are trying to get people to run with him for the rest of the route just to shorten the road a bit. We are struggling on the Killarney->Mizen Head->Clonakility next Wed to Sunday. If anyone can come out and run/cycle with him contact Siobhan on siobhan.theworldjog@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I had the pleasure of running with Tony from Tralee to Killarney yesterday. If you have to chance to join him, even for a short stretch, do so. He has some great stories to tell, I can guarantee you won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

Had the pleasure of running with Tony last Friday, in the rain. Super guy. Couldn't recommend getting out and meeting him enough.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 254 ✭✭Excuseless

Today is Tony's last day (pr part day as he says himself ) as he only has ~20k to do from Bray to the DCM Starting point via Shankhill and N11.

If anyone has a spare few mins or hour please do make the effort to join him.

To say he is tired would be accurate and as expected coming towards the end of such an epic journey but he sure appreciates anyone making the effort to join him and, as other have said, he has some great stories and really appreciated the company.

Give Siobhan a call on 087-2931029 to get an update as to his whereabout :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Anyone know what pace Tony was on today. Didn't spot him up to 4 hrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

gerard_65 wrote: »
    Anyone know what pace Tony was on today. Didn't spot him up to 4 hrs.

I checked him on the live tracker and it says his estimated finish time is 6 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I was stewarding at the 15k mark and he was after the 4 hour group. I let a shout out at him and he came over for a chat and shook my hand.
    I reckon he's taking his time and making the most of it, shaking a lot of hands along the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

Jnealon wrote: »
    I was stewarding at the 15k mark and he was after the 4 hour group. I let a shout out at him and he came over for a chat and shook my hand.
    I reckon he's taking his time and making the most of it, shaking a lot of hands along the way.

Was just looking at his website there and he doesn't plan on finishing until around 3 o clock so he must be just taking it handy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

A short interview with Tony on the news there.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭A P

Tony stopped to pick up a couple of jellies at Terenure yesterday and said "thanks for your efforts". Had to laugh - I was only holding a tub of jellies for a couple of hours - he's after running around the world! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Can't even begin to imagine how Tony feels getting out of bed this morning, to be finished such a mammoth journey must be bitter sweet. Kudos to him on the achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Had the pleasure of running a small distance with him in July and he had some great stories about his "jog".

If you try to think of what he has done it is mind blowing really. A supreme achievement. Not many people achieve their dream.

Congrats Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

A P wrote: »
    Tony stopped to pick up a couple of jellies at Terenure yesterday and said "thanks for your efforts". Had to laugh - I was only holding a tub of jellies for a couple of hours - he's after running around the world! :D

I'm sorry, but that is just priceless, and from what I hear of the man, typical.
    I'd love if he, or a friend of his, could come on here and give a few lines on his high/lowlights of the trip. Obviously, not the whole lot, he'll be keeping that for his book :)

Advertisement