Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need Help Please - Astec 63 - Installation/Engineering Manual

• 28-10-2013 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I have recently moved into a house, which has a Astec 63 Alarm, I have successfully reset the Panel back to Factory settings and replaced a contact sensor for a door entry zone, (no open zones - all appears well now), however I now need to program the Full and Part Set settings, as there is no exit time on the Full, and as for Part Set, there is two PIRs that need to be disabled from that mode.
    Would appreciate it very much if someone could provide me with a Install manual for Astec 63, as it would help me to determine if the alarm is fully functioning, or else I'll have to replace it with a new and different make/model.
    Thanks in advance.
    Durzo.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I sent you that manual in a PM.
    If you need any help with it post back here.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stump811

Hi I also need the installation manual to the astec 63 alarm, I would really appreciate it if you could send me a copy as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭altor

stump811 wrote: »
    Hi I also need the installation manual to the astec 63 alarm, I would really appreciate it if you could send me a copy as well.

Sent you that in a P.M.
    Any problems, let us know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 astro11

I'm also having problems with my astec63, would appreciate installation manual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭b318isp

Same here! Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sent you both that manual.
    If you need any help give us a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 astro11

Thanks koolkid, much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 5 garlo1990

Hi koolkid..sent you a PM

Got that and sent you that manual..
    Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Asterix101

This seems to be the place- I need to change the sensors within 'Part Set'.

• Advertisement

Do you have the engineer code? You will need this.
    If so enter engineer code (00 will display on top of the screen)
    enter 30 & enter the zone you want omitted in part set press set. Press the zone type(s)
    Sensor Contact Infred and press set again.
    To leave engineer press 99.

That did the job (I have the engineer code).
    Would you have the equivalent for when I want to add it back to 'Part Set'
    And I'll be your fan forever :)

Do the exact same.

Got it!
    When pressing the Infrared/Contact/Sensor buttons, if the corresponding text on the screen is steady, it will be removed from the 'Part Set', if it is flashing, it will not.
    Happy Easter

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lanno90

Hi KoolKid
    Would you be able to send me that manual for the astec 63DV.
    I am in a pickle at the moment with my alarm.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lanno90

KoolKid wrote: »

Hi.could i get that manual from you too please.

Sent you that manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 batmon

Hello all. Just seen this thread from a search I'd done looking for info on Astec 63 manual. Would appreciate same if anyone's out there. Cheers

batmon wrote: »
    Hello all. Just seen this thread from a search I'd done looking for info on Astec 63 manual. Would appreciate same if anyone's out there. Cheers

Sent you that by P.M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Tangosierra

Recently moved into an apartment with an astec 63. Previous tenant did not leave code. I have the engineer code for the system. There is a 77 call engineer fault showing. I would like to fix this and get it back working. Can anyone provide the installation manual please?

Recently moved into an apartment with an astec 63. Previous tenant did not leave code. I have the engineer code for the system. There is a 77 call engineer fault showing. I would like to fix this and get it back working. Can anyone provide the installation manual please?

Sent you that by P.M.
    You will need to default the system to get it back to factory codes.

I PMed you that manual. Call engineer 77 is just a service interval. It will clear once you enter and leave engineer mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tangosierra

When I put in te code I was given it comes up with fire bypass and set flashes a couple of times before returning to to 77 call engineer. Do I have the wrong code?

When I put in te code I was given it comes up with fire bypass and set flashes a couple of times before returning to to 77 call engineer. Do I have the wrong code?

The engineer code was more than likely changed by the installer.
    Defaulting the system if not engineer locked will bring it back to factory settings and allow you set up a new user and engineer code for the system.
    Default user is 4711
    Default engineer is 1174

• Site Banned Posts: 5 navanhead

KoolKid wrote: »

Hi koolkid could I get the engineers manual too could

I PMed you that manual.
    If you need any help give us a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 daveyburke

KoolKid (or anyone else who can help) - could I bother you for pm with the Astec 63D installation manual? Mine needs some reconfiguring and since it's been many years, I can only my eng code and the 99 command to exit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Karoi

Astec 63 installation manual
    Hi I also need the installation manual to the astec 63 alarm, I would really appreciate it if you could send me a copy as well. Many thanks.

• Advertisement

PMed you that

Advertisement