Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

oLoonatic wrote:
    Same stretch of road as before !!

And the Blakestown tyres link has come up again!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Praetorian22

Been noticing a van passing through the Clonsilla area and estates (Windemere/Aldemere/Portersgate/MountSymon) quite frequently over the last few weeks usually between 3.00 - 3.30am. Driving slowly up and down the estate roads with from what I can see two people in it. The side doors on the van (slide-doors) are both open which made me first think it was a milk van. However not a trace of bainne in sight.

From what I could guess I reckon they're on the lookout for easy pickings e.g. bicycles or unlocked motorcycles. With the frequency of break-ins in these areas lately I'm starting to believe people within the estates are sending the word out for "easy targets".

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

We need bate bikes, cars etc like USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Been noticing a van passing through the Clonsilla area and estates (Windemere/Aldemere/Portersgate/MountSymon) quite frequently over the last few weeks usually between 3.00 - 3.30am.

Are these on random days throughout the week or on specific days?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Praetorian22

At the moment it appears to be random, Tuesday Wednesday and Friday just gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Sounds like a Milk round to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

At the moment it appears to be random, Tuesday Wednesday and Friday just gone.

Large white van with a side door open? It's the Milkman - appears around 2-3am around Allendale

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The Ghost of Ernie.....

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Bad crash between a bus and car at the big roundabout leading to damastown from tyrellstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

Virgin media down in castleknock? Web ok,but phone line down, anyone else affected?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

What has virgin media being down have to do with the neighborhood watch thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

LorelaiG wrote: »
    What has virgin media being down have to do with the neighborhood watch thread

Because the law is out and you're the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

Card skimmed.

Just to let you know I used the Ulster Bank machines outside the entrance to the Blanchardstown centre on Saturday afternoon, the machine on the left of the two beside Milano and by late Saturday/Sunday morning it had been used to make several transactions. Including sky bet, a voucher company in the UK and an online clothing company in the UK

My bank are tracking it at the minute but thought I would let people know.

Found in Blanchard's town centre today someone's house key,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

horse7 wrote: »
    Found in Blanchard's town centre today someone's house key,
    Where? When? Got a photo?

Today,if it's yours,describe it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Today,if it's yours,describe it
    It's not mine. It might be helpful for the owner to know whereabouts it was found. If you found it in West End but someone lost a key somewhere else then they'll know not to respond.

Point taken,I am planning giving it into customer services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Found in Maxol Ballycoolin petrol station pump a AIB VISA Credit Card.
    Called AIB and reported "found".
    Been told the owner will call me to collect it off me.
    Still no calls after couple of hours ... can i use it !?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭oLoonatic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Jaster Rogue

oLoonatic wrote: »

Not far from where the guy was stabbed to death on Saturday. What is going on in that area. Wasn't there another similar incident in Corduff recently, a gunfight in the middle of a housing estate?

Not far from where the guy was stabbed to death on Saturday. What is going on in that area. Wasn't there another similar incident in Corduff recently, a gunfight in the middle of a housing estate?

Yeah looks like its to do with the last shooting (obviously speculating) alot more gang activity here recently though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Caranica wrote: »
    Blanchardstown use to be in West Dublin.

Blanchardstown use to be in West Dublin.

It still is......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

That wasn't the point of the post. Attacks on women, on anyone, are serious. I recognised the photo of the park and didn't fixate on the headline.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

An "interesting" read here about gangland crime in the area - not just Blanch but it's certainly part of it. Here we go again :mad:
    https://www.thejournal.ie/drug-dealers-street-dealers-corduff-finglas-4575688-Apr2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭donaghs

Caranica wrote: »
    That wasn't the point of the post. Attacks on women, on anyone, are serious. I recognised the photo of the park and didn't fixate on the headline.

Waterstown story is awful. At least she got away from him.

But considering this guy from a recent news story, with such a track record for serial behavior, and so many previous convictions was living in Carpenterstown...
    If such people can actually be caught and convicted, they should not travelling abroad, and should be on a register.
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-gets-six-years-for-attacking-woman-in-holistic-centre-and-sexually-assaulting-her-while-she-was-unconscious-917176.html

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

There is some Garda presence around here everyday but it still doesn't deter them. I'm talking armed garda, vans, marked and unmarked cars. Never seen anything like it before.

Advertisement