Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

daymobrew wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that.
    Are you able to post car details and the possible time of theft?

It was a 2009 bright green Mazda demio. Would have been taken between midnight and 7ish this morning. The driveway was wet so I reckon it was taken early in the night though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

dmm82 wrote: »
    It was a 2009 bright green Mazda demio. Would have been taken between midnight and 7ish this morning. The driveway was wet so I reckon it was taken early in the night though

Awful. There's a gang going around at the moment, two cars reported robbed off driveways in Hollywoodrath in the past couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

dmm82 wrote: »
    Came out to go to work this morning and my car has been stolen from the driveway. Littlepace Gallops. All my xmas drink in the boot, all my college notes and books in it too. Absolutely gutted

Very sorry to hear this, my house was broken into a few weeks ago, specifically for the car, culprits caught on CCTV but can’t identify them, car was stolen and nothing else touched. They arrived at 04:25, dogs started going crazy, they left and came back 15 minutes later with meat for the dogs, threw it through the back gate, and were then gone within 3 minutes then

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Managed to get my college notes/ books back. We had posted about the robbery on Facebook and a man found my college bag thrown over a wall in beechfield and dropped it into us. Going to go up later and see is there any other stuff thrown around the estate

billie1b wrote: »
    Very sorry to hear this, my house was broken into a few weeks ago, specifically for the car, culprits caught on CCTV but can’t identify them, car was stolen and nothing else touched. They arrived at 04:25, dogs started going crazy, they left and came back 15 minutes later with meat for the dogs, threw it through the back gate, and were then gone within 3 minutes then

Also know some folks down in Springlawn who had a couple of houses broken into and keys - nothing else - taken for cars. Feels like someone meticulously making their way through the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Also know some folks down in Springlawn who had a couple of houses broken into and keys - nothing else - taken for cars. Feels like someone meticulously making their way through the area.

According to the Gardai who dealt with us, it’s an Eastern European gang that are doing it and the cars go up north and onto a containership out of here to Northern Africa

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭miss misty

If they know where the cars are going then why are they not doing anything to stop it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

They'd have to leave the station then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2018/1223/1018806-murder-dublin/

Increased Garda presence in D15 this Christmas due to the murder in Blakestown.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

ongarboy wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2018/1223/1018806-murder-dublin/

Increased Garda presence in D15 this Christmas due to the murder in Blakestown.

Must be in plain clothes, because I have'n seen it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

not yet wrote: »
    Must be in plain clothes, because I have'n seen it..

I just had a walk where I was only on a main road (as in not in an estate) for 5 minutes and saw two squad cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Awful. There's a gang going around at the moment, two cars reported robbed off driveways in Hollywoodrath in the past couple of weeks.

There's been a good few cars stolen in Tyrrelstown too. All jap imports.

VeVeX wrote: »
    There's been a good few cars stolen in Tyrrelstown too. All jap imports.

The Cars or the robbers,,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

The Cars or the robbers,,

Let us know when your next gig is on in Vicar St.

VeVeX wrote: »
    Let us know when your next gig is on in Vicar St.

Not doing Vicar st till late next year, but I am in the laughter lounge this Friday...

I'll put your name on the guest list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭daymobrew

About 5:30pm yesterday (Wed 26 Dec) three lads were throwing eggs at cars on Laurel Lodge Road as they passed the church. They got mine on the passenger side. I phoned it into the Gardai (who actually answered though it took a good few rings).
    It took a few litres of water to wash off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

daymobrew wrote: »
    About 5:30pm yesterday (Wed 26 Dec) three lads were throwing eggs at cars on Laurel Lodge Road as they passed the church. They got mine on the passenger side. I phoned it into the Gardai (who actually answered though it took a good few rings).
    It took a few litres of water to wash off.

If this happens anyone DON'T use the wipers or sreen wash as you wont' be able to see out the window, some thieves do this as it forces cars to pull over when the windscreen is cloudy from using wipers / washer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Shemale wrote: »
    If this happens anyone DON'T use the wipers or sreen wash as you wont' be able to see out the window, some thieves do this as it forces cars to pull over when the windscreen is cloudy from using wipers / washer.
    I did a quick search and read that using the wipers will remove enough of the mess to allow you to drive to somewhere safely: https://www.hoax-slayer.net/egg-windshield-attack-robbery-warning/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Serious issue doing the rounds on Facebook this morning and last night. A page called Dublin Taxi Drivers has shared a video of what they say is 4 African lads attacking and robbing a driver after traveling from city centre to Tyrellstown. It's being shared by quite a lot of people and some of them are certainly identifiable.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Serious issue doing the rounds on Facebook this morning and last night. A page called Dublin Taxi Drivers has shared a video of what they say is 4 African lads attacking and robbing a driver after traveling from city centre to Tyrellstown. It's being shared by quite a lot of people and some of them are certainly identifiable.

You can't say African lads, they're are born here so they is Irish, Innit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

You can't say African lads, they're are born here so they is Irish, Innit...

Ah I was careful you'll notice
    ''of what they say is 4 African lads''

Ah I was careful you'll notice

Clever..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dfferent

Hi all, could i get some opinions about Whitestown or Sheepmore, looking at houses for offer in those areas and wanting to know how safe they are?

dfferent wrote: »
    Hi all, could i get some opinions about Whitestown or Sheepmore, looking at houses for offer in those areas and wanting to know how safe they are?

I will caveat this by saying that in most areas with a bad rep, there's more good people than bad. How and ever, these two areas would not have the best reputation in the world. There's kind of a ring that has two entrances on R121 beside the center (McDonalds roundabout exit) and the millennium park junction; that as you drive around it counter clockwise from the center to come back out at millennium has you passing the lidl opposite Whitestown Park, Sacred Heart NS, Hartstown Community School, Eurospar Hartstown, back down around Salmon's pub and back out. Having lived in the area, I would remark that in among the many many wonderful people there are certainly more antisocial elements, ranging from litter dumpers to nasty neighbors to street thugs, than you would find in other places around blanch, for example if you headed on over to Mount Symon or down to Glenville. I imagine prices reflect the areas, even though they're not a million miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Moonjet

They were no-go areas in the 80s and 90s but have calmed down considerably over the last 15-20 years. I think most of the houses are owner occupied now, meaning there's not as many council houses (they were originally council estates). Walk around the areas in the evening/night on weekdays and weekends. If you feel uncomfortable then it's not somewhere you want to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Polar101

I walk through the area most days, but I don't live there. Most of the times there is no hassle. But I'd recommend visiting the area before making any offers. I would personally say they are not the tidiest or nicest looking areas, and I have seen antisocial behaviour, but not necessarily more than elsewhere. Since I don't live there, I can only comment based on my (frequent) brief experiences :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

It's a kip, but lady'swell is worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭oLoonatic

Anywhere in D15 where the house price is about 50 to 100k lower than the average house price is a no go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

horse7 wrote: »
    It's a kip, but lady'swell is worse.

i agree with above poster regarding the 80s 90s i wouldnt dream of going near it. i wouldn give a ****e these days but i'm not a teenager anymore and i certainly wouldnt buy there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 dfferent

Thanks for comments, much appreciated

Advertisement