Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Your posts are simply incoherent.

Well fcuk me, a guy on the the Internet thinks I'm incoherent.

No more drugs for me then..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

not yet wrote: »
    Well fcuk me, a guy on the the Internet thinks I'm incoherent.

No more drugs for me then..

Damn straight......

No more wacky tobaccy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Happy4all wrote: »
    Blanch is becoming a dangerous sh1thole

Am possibly moving to Btown, is it very bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Austria! wrote: »

No. Its not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Polar101

Well the traffic is bad. While there's been a few incidents lately, it's not like it's the wild west. Around 100,000 people living in the area, so all sorts of things - good and bad - do happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Does anyone know what practical steps you can take / request of the council/guards/whoever in relation to illegal dumping? There's regularly unmarked white vans going round the likes of R121 dumping bags of rubbish every few meters; watched them doing it the other night and have heard others report it. There's rubbish everywhere now with the winds (some of it is from regular bins, but most is blowing out of the illegal dumping) and it's quite a pain in the arse to be picking it out of your garden and just unsightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Does anyone know what practical steps you can take / request of the council/guards/whoever in relation to illegal dumping? There's regularly unmarked white vans going round the likes of R121 dumping bags of rubbish every few meters; watched them doing it the other night and have heard others report it. There's rubbish everywhere now with the winds (some of it is from regular bins, but most is blowing out of the illegal dumping) and it's quite a pain in the arse to be picking it out of your garden and just unsightly.

http://www.fingal.ie/environment/waste-and-recycling/litter-and-domestic-waste/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

Blanch is generally a very good area but there are loads of surrounding areas that are regularly referred to as Blanchardstown simply because they are covered by Blanch garda station. Just like most of the areas calling themselves castleknock are not in castleknock you have the same with blanch. If you are considering moving you should be more specific about the particular area. Closer to blanch village and Roselawn are generally very good areas with older populations and good services. To the west of the center is more mixed but generally fine as is much of Corduff. Mulhuddart is a separate area and shouldn't really be referred to as blanchardstown at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭horse7

Supervalu in tyrellstown robbed at knife point last night. Don't know if they got much or anything. Was working in one of the other shops in the area so a few people came in saying it after wards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Aldi just been robbed..

Thanks for sharing, maybe you could tell us which one?

Oops sorry ,, Mulhuddard..

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Wild guess, Mulhuddart. And word on how and when, or if anyone caught?

septictank wrote: »
    Wild guess, Mulhuddart. And word on how and when, or if anyone caught?

Just drove in, I was in the carpark. A lady in the carpark was telling me . They put a knife up to him. She wasn't sure if they got anything as it happened so fast. The drove of was about 6 : 40 pm . The cops was there just before 7 pm as I was leaving.
    Spoke too one of the girls at the till she seems shocked , she was furthest away .
    Was at the till next to the exit!
    The staff member who it happened to is ok. Well justr upset and shocked.

Wonder if it was the same person who robbed supervalu ****ing scum. Leaves me ****ing terrified this time of year.

LorelaiG wrote: »
    Wonder if it was the same person who robbed supervalu ****ing scum. Leaves me ****ing terrified this time of year.

My thoughts aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭firebird84

People trying doors in Delwood/Brompton cul de sacs last week during the day. Guards told our neighbours they got a call about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

What's happening with the chopper on the go?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

Apparently there was a shooting in Clonsilla an hour ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

RTT wrote: »

Yeah just seen there now.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1076556855411949568?s=19

Chopped was up at at about 14:15 must be other stuff happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,838 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

horse7 wrote: »
    Chopped was up at at about 14:15 must be other stuff happening.

Blanch Centre traffic I'm certain.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

RTT wrote: »

Blakestown road. Loads of sirens as I was leaving the centre.

Road is closed off now. Have to go that direction myself in a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Coverage said the victim was "well known" to the Gardai. Must be a serious bad egg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

It kept on going around in my head, did I not hear blakestown cottages mentioned on the news a couple of weeks ago?

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2018/1212/1016739-imre-arakas-court/

Also

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/motors/2018/12/13/drunken-motorist-demanded-his-own-arrest

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Came out to go to work this morning and my car has been stolen from the driveway. Littlepace Gallops. All my xmas drink in the boot, all my college notes and books in it too. Absolutely gutted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

dmm82 wrote: »
    Came out to go to work this morning and my car has been stolen from the driveway. Littlepace Gallops. All my xmas drink in the boot, all my college notes and books in it too. Absolutely gutted
    Sorry to hear that.
    Are you able to post car details and the possible time of theft?

Advertisement