Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have weird sayings/'catchphrases'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I have a fierce habit of saying
    Ill kick you in the face

You suck fake kicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I have a fierce habit of saying
    Ill kick you in the face
    The copycats can never match the original

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

For an unknown reason I have started saying 'of an evening', for example, "What do you do of a Wednesday evening?' or 'What's on telly of a Sunday?'

It drives my boyfriend nuts, but I honestly don't know where I picked it up, I mean it sounds dead old fashioned. Of an evening, I generally lurk on boards...see there, in every way of life i apply it!

Aggh

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

"Aw ye thunder cnut."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Ask. My. Arse.
    :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

When a deadly lookin bird walks past on the street or is on tv when me and my mate are sitting watching it, i'll turn round to him, and without prompting he'll say, "that's none of my business." Catching on in other circles too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

"to beat off". Pronounced bate off

So I say to my teammate in work, "ok it's 12:30 so I'm beating off now for lunch, see ya in an hour"

I see nothing wrong with it, others obviously do!
    I'm going to continue using it now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

When something takes a turn for the better: "We're suckin on the right tit now". Not sure why I started with that one. Possibly my obsession with breasts.

A cousin of mine will always greet you with "How's yer balls".

There's a guy at work who says to everyone first thing each morning "And how are you this fine morning" in a deeeeeeep scottish accent. It got quite annoying after a while.

Whoopsadaisydoodles (surprisingly)

Ballsology

Janey Macaroni

Fúckity fúck

Scrumdiddly

Nick nack paddy whack (I don't like the word knacker)

Dooo iiiiit

oh, and I always say 'up at cock crow' and I always get funny looks for it, specially when I said it to the cute builder guy in work :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

"That'll ding dang do".

"**** it".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 kerchow

Gee Bag, **** stain, shove it up your hole, kick in the hole, knob jockey, **** stick, that'll go down like a cold cup of sick, ye munter, cheese ball.
    There are so many to choose from. Or Go **** right off, don't give a box of flying mickeys....... god what a potty mouth:rolleyes:

kerchow wrote: »
    Gee Bag, **** stain, shove it up your hole, kick in the hole, knob jockey, **** stick, that'll go down like a cold cup of sick, ye munter, cheese ball.
    There are so many to choose from. Or Go **** right off, don't give a box of flying mickeys....... god what a potty mouth:rolleyes:

well don't you sound just lovely :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

When describing a vehicle in poor condition I will often refer to is as a ''Fucking handbag of a yoke.''

Not sure where that one came from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

"fuck you up with a pliers" is my new favourite phrase ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

Now Ye're Takkin'

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

The ultimate in [subject] technology

eg. I was really drunk last night

"I was the ultimate in drunk technology last night"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I say Gravy instead of great or excellent.

For example:

Friend:"pablomakaveli, someone hit Silvio Berlusconi in the face last week"
    Me: "Thats Gravy":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Most commonly used:

-'Ah Jaysus...'
    -'Fúck sake'
    -'Mother of Christ'
    -'For the love and honour of Jaysus'

And then, one that I used for a while, that I have since dropped, but that may make a re-appearance:

-'As I was saying...' and I mightn't have said anything at all!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

...after reading some of these, I don't feel *as* bad about mine...even thought I hate some of the ones I use!

If someone I don't know that well/I'm in any way nervous around, asks how I am or how's things, I usually reply with...
    ahh...you know...rocknrollnthelike (or just rocknroll....)
    *usually accompanied by a bit a of sigh, a head tilt and/or a thumbs up*:confused:

When I'm going to bed...
    "I'm off to bedfordshire...g'night"
    I know this was definitely in Bridget Jones, but I have no idea why almost 10 years or so after the film, I randomly say it!

After living in Newcastle for a bit, I also tend to reply with
    "neebotha"

if someone thanks me for doing something. Cue some explaining from me as to what it actually means, and why I say it, followed by a puzzled look from them, and no doubt, an inner thought of "why didn't she just say no bother then?!"

I have also been known to use (and still do on a regular basis)
    *coolio
    *ciao for now
    and also lots of yawns when I'm nervous or bored in a situation...!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

I say that "I'm getting a shower" and my friends think it's really odd that I say GET a shower. I don't get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i say awesomeness and seriously a lot and also put random curse words together to make new ones

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

JangoFett wrote: »
    I say that "I'm getting a shower" and my friends think it's really odd that I say GET a shower. I don't get it

Ah, I've a friend who says that as well and I think it's sooo weird! I'd say, "I'm going to take a shower" or "I'm going to have a shower". Getting a shower is just weird! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

Novella wrote: »
    Ah, I've a friend who says that as well and I think it's sooo weird! I'd say, "I'm going to take a shower" or "I'm going to have a shower". Getting a shower is just weird! :p

Is he, like me, from the country? My friends think it's a country thing, my mother says get a shower too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

'I dunno if I need a ****e or a haircut'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

JangoFett wrote: »
    Is he, like me, from the country? My friends think it's a country thing, my mother says get a shower too

Yeah, he's a country boy alright!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rocky77

I have a couple of stock answers for someone asks me how I am:

"Rippin' and tearin' like an aul shirt" or "Strugglin' like a poor Longford farmer"

I also usually reply to all compliments with

a) Thanks, I made it myself, or
    b) Thanks, I've been practisng

And my other catchphrase is "Well, you know what they always say, 'Time flies when you're < insert my real full name > '"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

'I dunno if I need a ****e or a haircut'

Well your not using my f**king scissors so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

finishing other people's sentences with "....said the Pirate!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

when I finish a task/little job - "thats her done now"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 INSCOPE

It is what it is. Or I've taken to calling everyone twats.

Advertisement