Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Soap Actors, ever see one out?

Options
  • 22-07-2009 2:00am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

Im thinking here about Fair City actors, i mean Dublin is a small place and ive never seen any fair city actors while i was out and about, have ye?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

You can try asking here or here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

That would imply that people actually watch Fair City

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I've probably seen 4 or 5 or so of 'em "out and about" over the past few years. (I don't watch it, my mom used to :p)

(I don't watch it, my mom used to :p)

Suuuuuuure ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Im thinking here about Fair City actors, i mean Dublin is a small place and ive never seen any fair city actors while i was out and about, have ye?

Why? Why would you even wonder such a thing? Most of them are average earners that just happen to get some air-time thats not likely to go any where.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

orestes wrote: »
    Suuuuuuure ;)

Doubly trebley (?) sure :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I saw an actor from Coronation Street outside Old Trafford once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Seen a few of 'em in my time passing.

Means nothing to me.

Met Jack Lemmon in Harrods 20 years ago. Total Legend!

Never wanted to meet a 'b lister' after that........

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i wouldn't know any fair city actors if they walked past me

i did met mick lally aka miley from glenroe one day in dublin about 10 years ago, does that count??

• Advertisement

My dad was in Glenroe once, even had a line and everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

If anyone knows where the woman who plays Cleo in Fair City hangs out or has a home address for her I'd be grateful for the information.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

See few of them out this way a good bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

Met yer' wan Heather Daly (see they're not famous enough to know their' real names although I know who MacLean Burke, Aisling O'Neill, Jim Bartley, Tom Jordan, & MacDara O' Flatharta are) out on Aston Quay one Summers' Evening in 2007 as I was coming down out of Croke Park to get the bus.
    You know when you see someone out of context? I just said, "you're what'sherface off the telly aren't ye" & she said yes! I was turning around as I was walking by so it was sureal. Still I'll bet she remembers me to this day. Or at least the encounter. Possibly the oddest off-beat one!

Met Vanessa out of Ros na Run outside the Mespil on Baggott St./Waterloo Road (the one down from the bridge with Maxol just up road on l.h.s.) having a fag outside it. She was not me. Hate the things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

You'll see the Ros na Run actors around Galway

Met the guy who plays Tadhg, got the same scary look as he does on the show

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

If i did, i would never admit it, that would be admitting i recognised one.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

Yeah I've seen a few of them Fair City women around town. Strangely enough almost entirely whilst I'm crossing O'Connell Bridge for some reason. It's happened on three seperate occasions so far. First one was the albino looking burd whose Nordie da was molesting her. Second was yer one Robin (the blonde who was married to Jimmy and looks like a bloke) and finally the stuck up yoke with the oversized head, manjaw and the duckface on her - can't think of her name or what exactly she's ever done on the show.

I saw yer man who plays Leo once, but that was in Donnybrook. He was giving a lift to some auld one (probably his ma). He's fairly cool cos he can't act for shít and doesn't mind letting you know. Also he was in that episode of Young Indy where indy comes to Dublin, so he gets major points for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Was down in Killarney with my best friend and we were walking down the street. There was a guy walking towards us with a little boy. I was like, he looks familiar, then I clicked. Keith from Fair City. Embarrassed I even recognised him as my friend didn't have a clue!:D

Oh on a night out in Dublin my friends and I met another. We were walking along the street, so was this guy and his friends in the same direction. Cant think of his name..he was in faircity,eastenders and did a kerrygold ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I once served Barry in a shop. He used a cheque to pay for something less than a fiver, so it was a while ago.

I was in a well known Dublin restaurant sitting across from a Fair City contingent who were there to celebrate the departure of Floyd; there were eight of them there. I remember thinking my Mam would be beside herself! And then another evening in the same place we were sitting beside Niamh, her blonde friend and the teacher (who I think isn't a teacher now).

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cjbh

Malachy goes to the UCD gym; or at least he did while I was a student there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

the stuck up yoke with the oversized head, manjaw and the duckface on her - can't think of her name or what exactly she's ever done on the show.

I looked it up, her name's Orla Kirwan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

On a day trip to Dublin in August 94 I was walking down from Grafton Street towards O'Connell Bridge when the guy who played Paddy Clarke came walking past pushing a bike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Omnomnom

I saw malachy once. He was at the gym in UCD when i was at a volleyball match.He caught me gawkin at him anyway and he smiled and waved! Made my day:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭jmbkay

I saw Dominic from Fair City in our local Spar. Ali was seen in the French Bakery in Swords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 penelope6

saw dean gaffney from eastenders in kiely's some time last year and more impressively he was drinking with half of the irish pop sensation that was known as 'Six'; well 'Three' on this particular night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

jmbkay wrote: »
    I saw Dominic from Fair City in our local Spar.

Haunting the sandwich counter, I bet.

I saw Harry Molloy a couple of times in the Bank on Dame Street, once with the painter guy who used to be Damien's boss. Also various ones walking around town (Robin, Kylie, Christy, and I saw Bob and Renee together on Grafton Street looking quite glamorous). Usually I start to say hello because I think it's someone I know, then I get flustered and mumble. They must be used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Saw Jo from Fair City sprinting down the back my local spar once. Also used to meet Darach O'Tuairisg from Ros na Run a couple of times in Galway . A gentleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Inspector John Deegan drives a taxi in Dublin when he's not working on Fair City.

Also a good place to spot them is when they're in the Post Office collecting their Unemployment Benefit.

I've seen - Woody Harrelson (not sure if that's how you spell his name), Jean Butler, John Cage from Ally McBeal, David Kelly and Don the painter from childrens tv show; all spotted (not together) in Suffolk Street Dublin 2, over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

Mainly Fair City people!

Mondo, Carol, Damien (like all the time we are from same county), Suzanne, Bela, RITA in a hi-ace one day when I was heading to Connolly Station!!

Miley from Glenroe!!

Don Conroy - comes into my shop the whole time!! Even got a pat on the back from this man! ;-) ;-) And oddly seen Brandan Grace that night too! LOL

Okay not a Soap Person but I have seen Gerard Fleming like three years in a row around Christmas time on the main street in Wexford!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Met Kylies ex boyfriend from Fair City out one night, He would have been a nice guy If he wasnt so totally vain! He acted like a famous actor when really all we said was ''i think Iv seen you somewhere before'', then he gave a huge smile/smirk and started babbling about his Fair City days!
    we took a swift exit :D

Advertisement