Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

bluewolf wrote: »
    **immediately books food intolerance testing**

Jaysus is right! Christ on a bike like! That is mental. So the calcium was just going straight to his brain? But it must be bound to something to pass the blood-brain barrier?

I know what my afternoon reading today will be.

**Web of science: Calcification AND celiac OR coeliac AND brain"**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Hour 4 in the library, i still can not concentrate.

And i left my calculater at home.

And what i need yo study.

I realise this after i finished a chapter for my thesis.

Balls....big hairy balls.....ginormous hairy balls.

Just balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I had my make-up done, as a little end-of-year treat. I feel faaaabulous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Contemplating making some sort of banana and baileys bread and butter pudding. Now to decide whether to try and find a recipe or to wing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Well would be a shame to waste the Bailey's if it goes wrong :) Maybe recipie foe the first time.

Funny enough I hate bananas in everything except banana sandwiches :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I'm indulging the Euromillion fantasies big time today. I've spent about an hour looking up personal concierge services, *Ring ring* "I feel like a Cornetto, have someone bring one to me." :P

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I'm indulging the Euromillion fantasies big time today. I've spent about an hour looking up personal concierge services, *Ring ring* "I feel like a Cornetto, have someone bring one to me." :P

I'm considering doing the euromillions tonight. A few reasons:
    1) I had an itchy hand
    2) a bird pood on me

If they don't scream "good luck" I dunno what does!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Good luck to all the actuaries with the exams this week and next. I might be taking my final actuary exam EVER tomorrow, eek!

Pythia wrote: »
    Good luck to all the actuaries with the exams this week and next. I might be taking my final actuary exam EVER tomorrow, eek!

Jaysus!
    Good luck :)
    Am on break cos I couldn't face another CA1 FA this time, doing it with ct8 in sept. Slowly but surely

Hope you nail it tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Good luck to people with exams! :)

I've just found out my Mom is on Boards, this is weird.

Edit - 2000th post! :O It only took me 5 years lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Pythia wrote: »

Oh wow, best of luck!

Mine don't start till next Tuesday :( and there's 3 within 4 days :(

Dear Mr Bus Man (c.c. Dublin Bus),

It's April. It's in double digits temperature wise outside. Just because it's raining does not mean we need the heating on.

Warm regards,

Sullivlo in puddles.

Edited to add:

Dear fellow passengers,

Please be sound and leave the windows open. I may vomit / pass out with the heat if you insist on closing them, and nobody wants a detour via A&E / to wait for an ambulance to come and tell me I'm too warm.

Best regards,

Sullivlo, melting in a tshirt.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Morning all.

I got 6 hours' sleep last night.

Feels so good.

Also I'm wearing a lime green t-shirt today. First time for me with that colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I spent the weekend with the inlaws. God, why oh why do people stay married when they literally cannot be in the same room together? These people have two houses, they don't have to live together, their children are grown up, and all they do is bitch and moan and sabotage the other.
    Also the OH's dad has a mental illness but refuses to get treated, apparently he knows he's ok because he follows the way of the gospel. I got the head eaten off me because I put an empty bottle of washing up liquid in the recycling bin, apparently the OH's dad is collecting them, but never told me? I'm not psychic, like. Then the OH's mum invites EVERYBODY for the weekend, but spends the whole time complaining about all the work she does (as if no-one helps her, which isn't true), I think she likes being a martyr. She always watches how her (grown-up) children spend their money, butting her nose into my financial affairs.
    God I wish I lived further away from them but I have to see them next weekend, I'm getting a pain in my stomach thinking about it.

PS I'm really sorry for the rant but if I don't get this off my chest I'll explode.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I spent the weekend with the inlaws. God, why oh why do people stay married when they literally cannot be in the same room together? These people have two houses, they don't have to live together, their children are grown up, and all they do is bitch and moan and sabotage the other.
    Also the OH's dad has a mental illness but refuses to get treated, apparently he knows he's ok because he follows the way of the gospel. I got the head eaten off me because I put an empty bottle of washing up liquid in the recycling bin, apparently the OH's dad is collecting them, but never told me? I'm not psychic, like. Then the OH's mum invites EVERYBODY for the weekend, but spends the whole time complaining about all the work she does (as if no-one helps her, which isn't true), I think she likes being a martyr. She always watches how her (grown-up) children spend their money, butting her nose into my financial affairs.
    God I wish I lived further away from them but I have to see them next weekend, I'm getting a pain in my stomach thinking about it.

PS I'm really sorry for the rant but if I don't get this off my chest I'll explode.

Sounds miserable. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Oh Ivy, that's crappy out. Families, eh?

Perhaps find some solace in referring to them as the outlaws?

(sorry to hear your weekend was sh1t :( )

Can you go around cackling evilly at them and stuff til you never get an invite back

That sounds crap Ivy. At least you don't have to seem them more often than you do :)

I'm officially into study mode now. If you need me, I'll be stuffing my face with Easter eggs and binge watching beauty videos on Youtube.

• Advertisement

Ahhhh, sorry for the whinge! :)
    Two days is my limit, and I had four days of them this weekend so I overdosed! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

It's funny, I'm 21 but the fact that I have no cleavage :pac: has only started to bother me now. I mean they are not invisible but they just seem so small and I'm small anyway (5ft, 8 stone) and look about 5 so I feel like I look like a child!:pac: It's really started to bother me only now. Wish I had kind of average sized breasts instead! I'm only a I think 34B and I don't know just in photos and stuff I've noticed how small they look.:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

To A Bra That Fits with you - at 5'0" and 8 stone you probably aren't a 34 band. A properly fitting bra improves how everything looks.

And speaking as someone on the opposite end of the scale - you're lucky! I'd love to not pretty much need armour every time I go running.

If the question is "what's the whitest thing that's ever happened?" this video is the answer: http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/1596

I have far too much cleavage. If I could go down to a D-cup I'd be happy :o

My laptop crashed earlier, taking my morning's work with it. I would give anything to be finished college for the summer RIGHT NOW :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

To A Bra That Fits with you - at 5'0" and 8 stone you probably aren't a 34 band. A properly fitting bra improves how everything looks.

And speaking as someone on the opposite end of the scale - you're lucky! I'd love to not pretty much need armour every time I go running.

You could be right I'm only wearing a 34B cup because I got measured in Marks and Spencers and they told me I was that, though I think for some bra I tried on recently I went up to a C cup but put the band size down to 32 as I heard if you go up a cup size, you should go down a band size. I usually go by seeing if the band lies flat, and that everything is covered and nothing is bulging out.:)

I do like that when I'm exercising I don't have to be worried too much about that, but still when it comes to dresses and things it would be nice to have a more filled in look. Though I'm not a just up and down, I have curves and a butt, just no cleavage!:pac:

M&S do really, really poor fits. If you're in Dublin try Arnotts, Debenhams or Peaches and Cream and you'll get a better result. The guide linked on A Bra That Fits should give you a better idea too - it wouldn't surprise me if you ended up in a 28 or 30 band with your frame size, possibly a D cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I need to get fitted properly too, i tried that guide a few months ago with the help of me mother and it told me I was a 30E, tried em on and there was not a chance of me being that size! no boobs to fill the cup and suffocating band size!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

And good luck getting a 28 or 30 band!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm much the same as precious flower. Slightly shorter (4'11) and a couple of pounds heavier (8st 3) and I'd find a 28-30 band way too tight! I'm a 34B and I'm just proud of the fact that my belly is no longer further out than my boobs! :D

I'd say they are not as small as you think they look flower. :)

Gongoozler wrote: »
    And good luck getting a 28 or 30 band!

30 is a lot easier than 28, but most full bust ranges (Curvy Kate, Freya etc) start at a 28 from a D cup onwards. 28D is still quite a small bust.

It's really hard to find 30FF bras outside of the likes of Debenhams, and for not-astronomical prices. And even if I find one that fits, the straps will probably cut the shoulders off me anyway.

When I grow up and get rich, I'm going to buy a tonne of nice bras.

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    When I grow up and get rich, I'm going to buy a tonne of nice bras.
    Just get me a Freya Deco in every colour of the rainbow and I'll be happy :cool:

When I get to my target weight, I'm going to get myself properly measured and splash out on some fancy bras!

Just get me a Freya Deco in every colour of the rainbow and I'll be happy :cool:

They are so pretty!

I'm going to pay someone to invent a Strapless Big Booby Bra (TM) that defies gravity, and patent the crap out of it. Bridesmaids everywhere will rejoice.

• Advertisement

The panache strapless one for big boobs is very good. I have it in black and in white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I'm home at my parents for a few days. My mother has been bugging me to clear the crap out of my room for a year. Half the floor is filled with boxes and bin bags of stuff to throw out. The place will be desolate when that happens. I am pleased with myself. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

M&S do really, really poor fits. .

I got measured in M&S when I was about 16, they said I was 36B. So I wore this size for years as I didn't really grow anymore or change weight.

Then about 4 years later I went to Debenhams and got measured...32A! The lady couldn't believe I was wearing 36B for so long. I've been measured in a few other places and it always turns out to be 32-34A. Some bras in M&S fit me fine, some are way off. Can't wear Penney's bras at all...they are all too big :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I'm only a I think 34B and I don't know just in photos and stuff I've noticed how small they look.:o:o

I always though 34B was a fairly common size, no? I'm just tiny..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I've the opposite predicament to yous - I've a small cup size but really high back size. Don't even know what my proper back size is tbh :o I just buy the bigger ones in Evans. Does anyone know of any online shops that do nice undies for bigger back sizes? I can never find anywhere.
    Lyaiera wrote: »
    I'm home at my parents for a few days. My mother has been bugging me to clear the crap out of my room for a year. Half the floor is filled with boxes and bin bags of stuff to throw out. The place will be desolate when that happens. I am pleased with myself. :)

Well done! Please send me some of your organisational vibes :D I've two rooms badly in need of decluttering.

• Advertisement

Seren_ wrote: »
    I've the opposite predicament to yous - I've a small cup size but really high back size. Don't even know what my proper back size is tbh :o I just buy the bigger ones in Evans. Does anyone know of any online shops that do nice undies for bigger back sizes? I can never find anywhere

Elomi and Goddess do really good bras for 36+ band sizes, but I'm not sure what cup they start at. Try Figleaves for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Elomi and Goddess do really good bras for 36+ band sizes, but I'm not sure what cup they start at. Try Figleaves for them?
    Yeah, I've looked at Figleaves, but I can never find anything pretty in my size. Will check out the others though! Another way to procrastinate from assignment writing haha.

Ladies! Has anyone done a veg juice cleanse? Thinking about the PureGreen one. I definitely need a detox of some sort.

Never come across it, but I've read from various studies that there aren't actually any health benefits, apart from a very short term weight loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

That whole detox fad is a bit of a scam tbh. Eat healthily, drink plenty of water, bob's yer uncle!

I'd say there's no harm in drinking juices along with a tidied-up diet, they do give a great kick of energy. Personally I couldn't do a cleanse though, I'd go nuts not being able to eat properly!

I had a housemate who every couple of months would do a week of only eating green vegetables. He also wouldn't use the extractor fan or open the windows while cooking, JAYSUS the stink in the house!

Was thinking of doing it in conjunction with like a load of baked salmon and hard-boiled eggs and other good stuff. I mean, there's no way I could function without eating. Mmmm, protein.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Almost the weekend! :D

Hello PR :)

I'm getting terribly fed up in the house all day, trying to write an essay on the Armenian genocide, instead of binge watching Made in Chelsea and polishing off the Easter eggs.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement