Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you go for a girl/guy who's already in a relationship?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Nope not at all, I'd hate for my OH to do that to me so why would I do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Any girl/guy who cheats on you because they've found someone better, you're better off because it wouldn't have lasted. You clearly weren't what they wanted. No point in saving a dead relationship. Off you go. Any girl/guy who cheats for sex, you're better off without because they're f***ing definitely not what you want! I definitely wouldn't want some skank I'd no respect for sharing anything with me, and I'd imagine it'd be the same for women. Either way you're better off. People who take people who cheat back are by and large delusional fools. If they cheated once, they'll do it again. Class and form and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

A friend of mine works with a guy that was cheated on by a girl (that he cheated on too) he went mad and went through a stage of looking for girls with boyfriends to sleep with. I was surprised how successful he was. It just seemed dumb to me. He sept with a girl when her boyfriend was asleep and drunk on the couch downstairs.
    I work with a guy that slept with a girl that told him the next morning she had a boyfriend and it turned out he worked in the same company and he played football with him. Her attitude was he doesn't deserve me. So I guess both sexes have assholes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Potatoeman wrote: »
    So I guess both sexes have assholes.

But only one has vagina + boobs. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

No though hopefully i never get put in that position

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I hate to admit I've done it a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Potatoeman wrote: »
    A friend of mine works with a guy that was cheated on by a girl (that he cheated on too) he went mad and went through a stage of looking for girls with boyfriends to sleep with. I was surprised how successful he was. It just seemed dumb to me. He sept with a girl when her boyfriend was asleep and drunk on the couch downstairs.
    I work with a guy that slept with a girl that told him the next morning she had a boyfriend and it turned out he worked in the same company and he played football with him. Her attitude was he doesn't deserve me. So I guess both sexes have assholes.

Classy, classy bird.

I'd hate to have John Terry as a workmate.

token101 wrote: »
    Classy, classy bird.

I'd hate to have John Terry as a workmate.

He's just got a new nickname. It would work better if he knew before he slept with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

When I was going out with Mr x I knew the guy at work fancied me, we would banter but I told him that I was with someone and wouldn't cheat. This went on for well over a month and asked me to dump mr x, I wouldn't because I liked Mr x, until he did the dirt.So when he heard Mr x and I were over he made his move, I brushed him off but after a week decided to go on a date with him.

He told me he had to have me from the day he saw me walking by in my grey and white combats hanging off my hips and wearing a pink top cut off just below my boobs.. My slender size 8 midriff was too much if a turn on so hunted me down.

That was over 14 years ago and we're still going strong. He very much enjoyed the chase.

sometimes banter goes nowhere but sometimes it means a little bit more....ee defiantly had chemistry, but I wasn't going to cheat....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

stovelid wrote: »
    A head wrecking game player like you is far far worse than a cheater.

They're both as bad as eachother. I highly doubt the guy was innocently lead astray.

I wouldn't do it. Know plenty of people who have. It's just selfish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

When I was going out with Mr x I knew the guy at work fancied me, we would banter but I told him that I was with someone and wouldn't cheat. This went on for well over a month and asked me to dump mr x, I wouldn't because I liked Mr x, until he did the dirt.So when he heard Mr x and I were over he made his move, I brushed him off but after a week decided to go on a date with him.

He told me he had to have me from the day he saw me walking by in my grey and white combats hanging off my hips and wearing a pink top cut off just below my boobs.. My slender size 8 midriff was too much if a turn on so hunted me down.

That was over 14 years ago and we're still going strong. He very much enjoyed the chase.

sometimes banter goes nowhere but sometimes it means a little bit more....ee defiantly had chemistry, but I wasn't going to cheat....

Was this guy Jackie Collins or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Who is Jackie Collins

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Time for the classic, you can't cheat an honest man.

Who is Jackie Collins

It's the voiceover that you hear describing your life. :D

combats hanging off my hips and wearing a pink top cut off just below my boobs.. My slender size 8 midriff

Post pics or GTFO ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Katgurl wrote: »
    I wasn't playing games but I WAS demonstrating extreme levels of idiocy.

If only idiocy was an acceptable plea of defense for messing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭phoenix833

I met a girl recently and I've never wanted somebody so badly, we went on a few dates, went brilliant but she got back with her ex unfortunately.

Now the selfish part of me thinks "well, go for it if she broke up with him before she might do it again".

But then my moral side kicks up and says "It happened to you before...don't do it, bide your time and if they break up again then go for it"

I dunno which side of the brain to listen to:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

stovelid wrote: »
    Katgurl wrote: »
    I wasn't playing games but I WAS demonstrating extreme levels of idiocy.

If only idiocy was an acceptable plea of defense for messing around.

I didn't realise I was in court.

It didn't have a happy ending anyway hence my - never again remark in previous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

No not unless I was really into them, I'd make a move yes if I didn't know the guy had a girlfriend but if I knew then no I would not make a move on him. I rather not get in the way of their relationship and happiness I rather sacrifice mine than get hurt.

I'd get over them though. Even if I was attracted to a guy who had a girlfriend or he was to me and he had a girlfriend I wouldn't go there and wouldn't want to thread on his girlfriends toes. If it mutual attraction, I wouldn't go with him unless he ended it with his girlfriend. Not into one nighters and rebounds.

Even with chemistry or if we clicked I wouldn't go there if knowing they had a girlfriend. It wouldn't be right. I rather find someone who is unattached. Though not denying I wouldn't find a guy who is in a relationship not attractive or vice versa. It happens but in all honesty I would back off fairly quickly. I tend to be more attracted to single men and they the same to me so the guy has to be single before I get involved. So no wouldn't get involved with someone who is already in a serious committed relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

MrStuffins wrote: »

Was this guy Jackie Collins or something?
    Lol

I definitely wouldn't proactively pursue a guy already spoken-for, but if a spoken-for guy whom I really really liked made overtures at me, I'd find it hard not to entertain. As someone said, you can't help whom you like/fall in love with and it's no doubt a lot easier said than done to fight it. I'd accept responsibility though and acknowledge I've a role too - I don't agree with all that "They're in the relationship, not me" stuff. There's a pair of them in it. But as I said, I would never initiate it.
    A dangerous road to go down though, with the potential for a lot of heartbreak...

• Advertisement
Advertisement